Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/5/2015 10:55:20 AM EDT

This Sunday, sportsmen in eastern and western counties of North Carolina will have the opportunity to hunt on private land for the first time in more than 145 years, with the start of Blackpowder Deer Season.  Thank you to all who supported the NRA’s efforts during the 2015 legislative session to repeal part of the archaic law prohibiting Sunday hunting.  You made this significant step forward possible for landowners and their families, as well as hunters with written permission from a landowner, to hunt on Sunday with blackpowder firearms on private land.  The Outdoor Heritage Act, which included many pro-hunting provisions, was sponsored by Representative Jimmy Dixon (R-4) and will benefit current and future generations of sportsmen in North Carolina.

This important pro-hunting law will provide more hunting opportunities for North Carolina sportsmen, allowing busy families the ability to teach hunting to the next generation.  It will also allow North Carolina to enjoy the significant economic benefits created by hunters.

Before heading out with your blackpowder firearms on your first Sunday hunt, be sure you know the law by reading the North Carolina Wildlife Resources Commission’s Hunting Regulations.  Many restrictions still apply to hunting with blackpowder firearms on Sundays, including a prohibition on their use between 9:30 a.m. and 12:30 p.m., except on controlled hunting preserves.

Please share with your state Senator and Representative how this pro-hunting legislation has been a positive change for you and your family this fall.

Live links and more at: NRA-ILA

Link Posted: 10/5/2015 11:06:09 AM EDT
[#1]
Good on them for gaining a bit of freedom.  Still constrained; I left there last year for AZ and it offered me some perspective.  I have more than a few friends that reside there and they can't stop raving about the "liberties" they enjoy.  (Most departed very restrictive locales for NC). I guess it's all relative.  

What's up with no hunting 0930 - 1230?  What's up with their pistol permits?  etc. etc.  A step in the right direction to be sure; I hope it continues...

SS
Link Posted: 10/5/2015 11:08:24 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Good on them for gaining a bit of freedom.  Still constrained; I left there last year for AZ and it offered me some perspective.  I have more than a few friends that reside there and they can't stop raving about the "liberties" they enjoy.  (Most departed very restrictive locales for NC). I guess it's all relative.  

What's up with no hunting 0930 - 1230?  What's up with their pistol permits?  etc. etc.  A step in the right direction to be sure; I hope it continues...

SS
View Quote

Church
Link Posted: 10/5/2015 11:18:46 AM EDT
[#3]
Pistol permits are a throw back  to Jim Crow laws... We been trying to get rid of it but the sheriff association fights for it.

With CCW you don't need it....

Link Posted: 10/6/2015 10:19:44 AM EDT
[#4]
A good first step - still need to get rid of the rest of the BS restrictions
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top