Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/25/2015 10:37:13 AM EDT

Today, Governor Scott Walker (R) signed Senate Bill 35, 48-hour waiting period repeal legislation, into law. SB 35 passed the Wisconsin State Senate on April 21 by a voice vote, then passed the Wisconsin State Assembly on June 9 by a voice vote.

SB 35 repeals the waiting period requirement and allows a licensed firearm dealer to transfer ownership of a handgun following notice from the Wisconsin Department of Justice that the background check indicates that the purchaser is not prohibited from possessing a firearm.  

The 48-Hour Rule was first enacted in Wisconsin in 1976, prior to background checks on handgun sales.  Due to the advent of instant background checks, such as the National Instant Criminal Background Check System (NICS), the 48-hour waiting period became an unnecessary time tax on both the purchaser and the dealer.

Your NRA-ILA would like to thank all legislators who voted in support of this legislation, especially SB 35 authors Senator Van Wanggaard (R-21) and Representative Romaine Quinn (R-75).  NRA also thanks members who contacted their legislators on behalf of this bill, as passage would not have been possible without your active support.  

Please take the time to contact Governor Walker and thank him for signing SB 35 into law.  

Live links and more at: NRA-ILA
Link Posted: 6/25/2015 11:04:03 AM EDT
[#1]
I guess when I travel the state...
And find a great deal on a handgun.

I can buy it, not like the last 33 years
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top