Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/23/2015 1:39:43 PM EDT

President Barack Obama blamed public apathy combined with the tight "grip" on Congress of the National Rifle Association, the powerful U.S. gun lobby, for blocking stricter gun laws.

Speaking during an interview recorded on Friday, just two days after the mass shooting at a black church in South Carolina, Obama said he did not foresee any quick changes to gun laws.

"Unfortunately, the grip of the NRA on Congress is extremely strong," Obama said in a clip of the interview with "WTF with Marc Maron" posted by the New York Times.

It was not the first time Obama has railed against the NRA. After the Newtown, Connecticut school massacre in 2012, a tragedy that Obama has called his toughest time in office, he pushed for changes to gun laws.

He proposed more background checks for gun sales and pushed to ban more types of military-style assault weapons and limit the capacity of ammunition magazines.

But he failed to convince enough lawmakers to support the restrictions.

"I don't foresee any legislative action being taken in this Congress. And I don't foresee any real action being taken until the American public feels a sufficient sense of urgency and they say to themselves, 'This is not normal, this is something that we can change, and we're going to change it,'" he said in the interview with Maron.

The interview marks the fifth time in two days that Obama spoke publicly about his frustrations with gun laws. He addressed the issue in Washington before traveling to California, where he brought it up at the U.S. Conference of Mayors, and at two fundraisers for the Democratic Party.

Obama, who is spending the weekend golfing in the Palm Springs area with friends, took to Twitter on Saturday to vent.

Read more at: Reuters
Link Posted: 7/5/2015 7:03:30 AM EDT
[#1]
I'm ok with that!  As long as the Campaigner In Chief has somebody to blame, he is covered.
Link Posted: 7/20/2015 9:36:24 PM EDT
[#2]
That's right Barry

I am the NRA

And I vote.

Thanks for playing
Link Posted: 7/24/2015 9:21:12 PM EDT
[#3]
I believe this is the first time in American history that we have actually had a Traitor To the United States as President. I cannot remember a time or have I ever read in history of a President that has done so much purposely cause great harm to this country both domestic and foreign as this man. an armed America  is a strong America and he knows this. Disarm America and we are weak to our enemies. Why do you think this country has never been invaded. Except for Alaska during WW2. He does not respect the Constitution or Bill of Rights that he told an oath to up hold. This man hates America and everything it stand for. I not a member of any militia groups, I pay taxes and I vote and a proud NRA member so do not call me an extremist for calling it as I and a lot of other Americans see it.
Link Posted: 7/24/2015 9:37:49 PM EDT
[#4]
Both of the above posts are spot on.  Good stuff fellas.
Link Posted: 7/24/2015 9:42:54 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
That's right Barry

I am the NRA

And I vote.

Thanks for playing
View Quote

you ungrateful, racist, murderous, violent, gun toting, misogynistic, troglodyte, conservative person you, you should be thankful that our genius savior, our president is looking out for your safety...........
Link Posted: 7/24/2015 9:52:02 PM EDT
[#6]
Perhaps Obama should realize it's not the NRA but the people who refuse more gun control.

The above posts are also correct. (C of C edited)
Link Posted: 7/25/2015 11:00:49 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Perhaps Obama should realize it's not the NRA but the people who refuse more gun control.

The above posts are also correct the traitorist fucker she be tried for treason
View Quote

but, you see free association with like minded citizens should not be allowed if it counters the agenda coming from the Mocha Genius.
Link Posted: 7/26/2015 7:40:20 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
That's right Barry

I am the NRA

And I vote.

Thanks for playing
View Quote

Big Ditto here!...........
Link Posted: 7/26/2015 10:48:20 AM EDT
[#9]
There's more than gun control. The leftist government knows that our forefathers put the 2A in to control the government. If they can destroy the 2A then they can destroy the rest of the Constitution and Bill of Rights and rewrite it to suit their needs to gain control over America and it's people. But as long as there is an armed America that can fight back against them and their ideas of a government of total rule. Their goals cannot be realized. They must disarm America. They will never stop, they are cancer that has infected this great country and like cancer it has but one purpose. To kill and destroy it's host America as we know it.
Link Posted: 7/26/2015 1:38:27 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
There's more than gun control. The leftist government knows that our forefathers put the 2A in to control the government. If they can destroy the 2A then they can destroy the rest of the Constitution and Bill of Rights and rewrite it to suit their needs to gain control over America and it's people. But as long as there is an armed America that can fight back against them and their ideas of a government of total rule. Their goals cannot be realized. They must disarm America. They will never stop, they are cancer that has infected this great country and like cancer it has but one purpose. To kill and destroy it's host America as we know it.
View Quote

QFT
Link Posted: 7/27/2015 5:53:19 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote

This hit the nail on the head
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 11:17:45 AM EDT
[#12]
I'm proud to have confounded him.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top