Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/28/2015 10:34:48 AM EDT
Not that long ago I received a call from a credible source, concerning a candidate for the NRA Board of Directors. The credible source I spoke with, Jerry Kraus of Boulder, CO, is closely associated with an NRA Board Member who is known as a Stalwart Defender of the Second Amendment.

During our conversation I was informed that an individual by the name of John K. Brown of Gainsville, VA had been nominated for the NRA Board of Directors. I was told that Mr. John K Brown may be an Informant for the BATF. As a result I became very concerned about the matter, and did some more research about Mr. John K. Brown as a potential candidate for the NRA Board of Directors. After "Googling" Mr. John K. Brown of Gainsville, VA for the NRA Board, I found a number of links concerning the background of this candidate

http://www.examiner.com/article/lawy...lector-s-group

http://sipseystreetirregulars.blogsp...g-me-john.html

http://www.armedpolitesociety.com/in...?topic=45714.0

http://www.nfatca.org/jkbnra.htm

As a result, I do not think John K. Brown of Gainsville, VA would be a good candidate to become an NRA Director. Clearly, I think those who seek a seat on the NRA Board of Directors should be above reproach when it comes to representing the NRA's membership and Defending our Second Amendment Rights.

Importantly, I suspect the rise of Mr. John K. Brown as a candidate for the NRA Board represents a power struggle within the NRA between those who are stalwart, steadfast and loyal defenders of our Second Amendment Rights and those who would allow our Second Amendment rights to be incrementally destroyed through ill advised compromises. It is my belief that once the Second Amendment has been "Gutted" it will lead to the destruction of all the rights that we enjoy as U.S. Citizens.

Link Posted: 1/28/2015 10:38:46 AM EDT
[#1]
Why do you only have 48 posts and a free account?  That reads like spam mail...

Which candidate are you supporting?
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 10:40:20 AM EDT
[#2]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Why do you only have 48 posts and a free account?  That reads like spam mail...

Which candidate are you supporting?
View Quote

Yup
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 10:57:14 AM EDT
[#3]
Voting members have 25 choices.  The question is whether we  we want to elect Stalwart, Steadfast defenders of the Second Amendment to the NRA Board, or those who would sell the membership out or otherwise compromise the Second Amendment with the effect of  incrementally destroying it in the process?  I think the NRAs Membership deserves those who are above reproach serving on its Board of Directors.

Here is couple of links as well:

http://www.usacarry.com/forums/firearm-politics-2nd-amendment-issues/49024-nra-board-candidate-atf-snitch.html

http://nyfirearms.com/forums/off-topic/91959-john-k-brown-nra-board-mike-vanderboegh-cautions-against-choice-print.html
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 11:00:57 AM EDT
[#4]
You wanna give us a summary?
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 11:01:59 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

View Quote

Summary: RomanLeader is this candidates opposition
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 11:18:53 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:  You wanna give us a summary?

Your kid's not running this year?
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 11:21:52 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

No but he is an NRA member
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 12:25:26 PM EDT
[#8]
OP, you could've just searched on this site.

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_5/1665889_john_brown__nfatca__nominated_to_NRA_board_of_directors.html

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_5/1699565_John_K__Brown___is_this_true____NRA_Board_of_Directors_Voting_Info.html

Both threads devolved into bizarre purse-swinging type stuff but the short version is it sounds like this guy acted as a CI for the ATF against other FFLs, and colluded with the ATF to create a "need" for 41P.  Even after removing the purses and adjectives from the equation, there's enough data out there for me to NOT vote for this guy.  It goes beyond "not the best candidate" straight into "infiltrator" territory for me.
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 1:28:07 PM EDT
[#9]
A Life Member of the NRA to be exact. Not to mention I stayed at the Holiday Inn Express last night. LOL
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 1:36:52 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:  A Life Member of the NRA to be exact. Not to mention I stayed at the Holiday Inn Express last night. LOL
View Quote

And still no summary from OP, who claims he's a Life Member of the NRA but has no eagle.  
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 1:41:49 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote

Actually I think a person wouldn't want to take my word for it alone, so I provided an assortment of Links all for the ease of your reading.
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 1:46:43 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Actually I think a person wouldn't want to take my word for it alone, so I provided an assortment of Links all for the ease of your reading.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

And yet you singularly fail to inspire me to read your links, as I have no idea what they're about.  Tell us a story that's worth reading up on, then give us the links.
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 1:46:59 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

And still no summary from OP, who claims he's a Life Member of the NRA but has no eagle.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:  A Life Member of the NRA to be exact. Not to mention I stayed at the Holiday Inn Express last night. LOL

Well unlike some others I did my own homework  and referenced my findings with links.

I will be voting for the following slate of proven, hard line, no compromise Second Amendment advocates and defenders for the NRA Board of Directors:

Joseph DeBergalis, David Coy, Scott Bach, Robert Viden, Antonio Hernandez, David Keene, Wayne Anthony Ross, William Satterfield, Ronald Schmeits, Robert Unkovic, Sean Mahoney  and   Timothy Knight.

Any questions? Then again, perhaps you enjoy making more Catcalls.
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 1:47:53 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

And yet you singularly fail to inspire me to read your links, as I have no idea what they're about.  Tell us a story that's worth reading up on, then give us the links.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well then, perhaps you are not an NRA member with Voting Rights or just care to remain Incurably Ignorant.
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 1:50:31 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Well unlike some others I did my own homework  and referenced my findings with links.

I will be voting for the following slate of proven, hard line, no compromise Second Amendment advocates and defenders for the NRA Board of Directors:

Joseph DeBergalis, David Coy, Scott Bach, Robert Viden, Antonio Hernandez, David Keene, Wayne Anthony Ross, William Satterfield, Ronald Schmeits, Robert Unkovic, Sean Mahoney  and   Timothy Knight.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes.  I have a question.  Will you provide a summary of your findings?  Preferably with a rough timeline.  Seeing as you have already done your homework, and the rest of us have other things to do rather than chase down links provided by someone new who hasn't bothered to establish that he's a Life Member of the NRA.
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 1:52:42 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:  Well then, perhaps you are not an NRA member with Voting Rights or just care to remain Incurably Ignorant.
View Quote

<<<<<Verified Life Member of the NRA.

You <<<<<< No Eagle.  NOT verified Life Member of the NRA.  Fails to take hints from verified Life Member of the NRA.
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 1:56:44 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 2:15:21 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Yes.  I have a question.  Will you provide a summary of your findings?  Preferably with a rough timeline.  Seeing as you have already done your homework, and the rest of us have other things to do rather than chase down links provided by someone new who hasn't bothered to establish that he's a Life Member of the NRA.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Straight Up, in short John K. Brown should not even be a candidate for the NRA Board.  Makes me want to question where the "Due Dilligence" was on the part of the Nominating Committee.  The nominating committee should have read what was available to all in the public arena and declined to put him as a candidate for the Board in that he may be an Informant or has close ties to a Government Agency which has a long history of actions unfavorable to our Second Amendment Rights.   A candidate for the NRAs Board should be "above reproach" when it comes to defending our Second Amendment Rights.  I hope that is simple enough for you.  Then again maybe your just lazy and could care less about forces within and outside of the NRA working to diminish our God Given Rights which our Second Amendment recognizes and are not to be Infringed upon.
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 2:15:37 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 2:17:25 PM EDT
[#20]

Exactly!
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 5:56:18 PM EDT
[#21]
Hey, is there any way to uncover who on the NRA nominating committee submitted him and/or spoke for him?  Or who is even on that committee?  Is it a matter of record?
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 11:28:18 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 12:40:13 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

It really doesn't matter who did what, what matters is that we keep him from being elected

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Hey, is there any way to uncover who on the NRA nominating committee submitted him and/or spoke for him?  Or who is even on that committee?  Is it a matter of record?

It really doesn't matter who did what, what matters is that we keep him from being elected

Agreed that he needs to be kept out.  However, my thought is that for him to have gotten this far means either the nominating committee doesn't do it's homework (bad) or is attempting to stack the deck with quislings (worse).
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 12:03:06 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

You <<<<<< No Eagle.  NOT verified Life Member of the NRA.  Fails to take hints from verified Life Member of the NRA.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:  Well then, perhaps you are not an NRA member with Voting Rights or just care to remain Incurably Ignorant.

Questions remain as to whether you have some kind of hidden agenda, as you have likely spent more time going back and forth with me, than simply clicking on and reading the content which the links provide.   Why?

As for Official stamps of Approval, I must ask, "What is the difference whether I care to put them on display for all to see, or not?

It used to be at one time an NRA Life Membership could be had for $100 now its up to $500 for family and friends these days.  When a Life membership can be bought for money, one has to question what kind of person would make a comment to the effect of "fails to take hints from a verified Life member of the NRA"?

Is a Life Member Status an indication of Superior Knowledge (from a guy who fails to click on referenced links) or simply a status symbol obtained through a Financial Contribution as devotion to a Political Cause?  

Link Posted: 1/29/2015 12:06:00 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
Questions remain as to whether you have some kind of hidden agenda, as you have likely spent more time going back and forth with me, than simply clicking on and reading the content which the links provide.  

As for Official stamps of Approval, I ask what is the difference whether I care to put them on display for all to see or not?

Concerning your comments about  "failing to take hints from a verified Life Member" , one could obtain that status, at one time,  for the price of $100.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Questions remain as to whether you have some kind of hidden agenda, as you have likely spent more time going back and forth with me, than simply clicking on and reading the content which the links provide.  

As for Official stamps of Approval, I ask what is the difference whether I care to put them on display for all to see or not?

Concerning your comments about  "failing to take hints from a verified Life Member" , one could obtain that status, at one time,  for the price of $100.

Probably because an unknown, uncredited entity comes up with a bunch of links (can't even bother to make them hot) and starts saying his word is word of god.
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 2:33:40 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
  Probably because an unknown, uncredited entity comes up with a bunch of links (can't even bother to make them hot) and starts saying his word is word of god.
View Quote

Something I'd expect from someone with a Profile photo of an Odd Character making me Dizzy while speaking in "Tounges" with a response like yours.

Some people are just too fat and lazy to check sources.
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 2:47:44 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
Something I'd expect from someone with a Profile photo of an Odd Character making me Dizzy while speaking in "Tounges" with a response like yours.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Or to hyperlink
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 4:07:34 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 1/30/2015 11:32:25 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
As for Official stamps of Approval, I must ask, "What is the difference whether I care to put them on display for all to see, or not?...
Is a Life Member Status an indication of Superior Knowledge (from a guy who fails to click on referenced links) or simply a status symbol obtained through a Financial Contribution as devotion to a Political Cause?  
View Quote

it "matters", because you claimed to be a life member, thinking this would add an air of credibility to your claims. contact staff, prove your membership, and show you are one of us.

if it doesn't matter that you don't want a life member icon under your name, don't make boasts claiming to be a life member. see?
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 8:28:58 AM EDT
[#30]
Ok so go to and view the links I listed and make up your own mind as to what to think of John K Brown.   There is just too much for me to ignore.  Some have said the NRA  all too frequently compromises rather than holding the line in defense of our Second Amendment  Rights.  John K.  Brown is one of over 25 candidates so why would anyone care to point out a candidate for greater scrutiny when they amount to less that 4 % of those on the Ballot?

Given the content of the Links concerning his history and the issue of  him being in favor of  "Background Check" there is clearly something to be concerned about with  Mr. John K. Brown becoming an NRA Director
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 8:52:53 AM EDT
[#31]
OP is correct.  John Brown collaborated with the ATF to bring about 41P and further restrict NFA ownership.  He has actively worked to limit our 2nd Amendment rights and has no business being an NRA member, let alone on the board.
Link Posted: 2/1/2015 2:20:31 AM EDT
[#32]
In answer to the question of the Nominating Committee members:
Tom King - chair
Thomas P Arvas - vice chair
Charles C Anderson
M. Carol Bamberg
Johnny Nugent
Lance Olson
Michael J Parker
John W Scott
Edward J Land Jr
Carl T Rowan Jr

I wanted to know who these folks are myself, because I have some serious concerns about a certain Grover Norquist who I have learned is a current board member.

Norquist appears to be a Muslim Brotherhood sympathizer and facilitator for Muslims like Alamoudi, Khaled Saffuri, Nihad Awad exec director of CAIR (unindicted coconspirator in the Holy Land Foundation trial) IE...Hammas

It doesn't stop with the Islamic Institute, Sami al-Arian - Muslim activist and fundraiser for the Palestinian Islamic Jihad organization. Was introduced to Bush and his administration by Grover Norquist.

After Bush 43 was elected POTUS Norquist asserted that Bush won Florida thanks to Muslim votes.

It would seem that Norquist has been  instrumental in a sophisticated influence operation providing Islamists unprecedented access to government leaders. Now he has infiltrated the NRA Board and seeking reelection.

Research and decide for yourself.

N

Link Posted: 2/1/2015 10:45:47 AM EDT
[#33]
BUSHMAN, thank you for the info.
Link Posted: 2/1/2015 11:20:59 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
Questions remain as to whether you have some kind of hidden agenda, as you have likely spent more time going back and forth with me, than simply clicking on and reading the content which the links provide.   Why?

As for Official stamps of Approval, I must ask, "What is the difference whether I care to put them on display for all to see, or not?

It used to be at one time an NRA Life Membership could be had for $100 now its up to $500 for family and friends these days.  When a Life membership can be bought for money, one has to question what kind of person would make a comment to the effect of "fails to take hints from a verified Life member of the NRA"?

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Sigh.

If you do not want to be accused of having a hidden / bullshit agenda.  You can:

1) Buy an account here.

2) Proceed to get an "NRA Eagle" tag here. (You do this by proving to staff you are a life member with a scan or photo of your creds from the NRA.)

3) Not sound like a political shill in the first place.

#3 probably would have gotten you there, had you done things a bit differently.  As it is, you spew crap from a throw-away account and wonder why you get a little skepticism?
Link Posted: 2/1/2015 12:33:44 PM EDT
[#35]

"If you do not want to be accused of having a hidden / bullshit agenda.  You can:

1) Buy an account here.
2) Proceed to get an "NRA Eagle" tag here. (You do this by proving to staff you are a life member with a scan or photo of your creds from the NRA.)

3) Not sound like a political shill in the first place.

#3 probably would have gotten you there, had you done things a bit differently.  As it is, you spew crap from a throw-away account and wonder why you get a little skepticism?"---Broccoli

You know some of  us   like to have a greater degree of anonymity than others, and for that reason disclose less information than others.

I make no apology.Keep in mind with greater information good choices are much easier to make, particularly when it comes to a voters exclusion of undesirable candidates.
Link Posted: 2/1/2015 1:42:44 PM EDT
[#36]
I told you.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top