Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/26/2014 5:14:10 PM EDT
Link Posted: 10/26/2014 8:11:27 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/26/2014 8:49:01 PM EDT
[#2]
This should be a good time to remind everybody to do a bit of research ahead of time and vote the full ballot.

In Ohio, Judges are not listed by party.  

One race in my district is:

Sharron Kennedy vs Tom Letson for Supreme court.

A few years ago, I would have probably picked one at random.  I now research the full ballot ahead of time, and even bring notes.  Tom Letson has said that the 2nd amendment is outdated.

Hopefully his career in politics is outdated as of November 5th.

Voting for Kasich is important, and I'm glad to hear he should win easily.  But the courts are every bit as important, and without an R and D by their names, you may not know who to vote for without some research ahead of time.

Link Posted: 10/27/2014 5:37:54 AM EDT
[#3]
This should be a good time to remind everybody to do a bit of research ahead of time and vote the full ballot.

In Ohio, Judges are not listed by party.

One race in my district is:

Sharron Kennedy vs Tom Letson for Supreme court.

A few years ago, I would have probably picked one at random. I now research the full ballot ahead of time, and even bring notes. Tom Letson has said that the 2nd amendment is outdated.

Hopefully his career in politics is outdated as of November 5th.

Voting for Kasich is important, and I'm glad to hear he should win easily. But the courts are every bit as important, and without an R and D by their names, you may not know who to vote for without some research ahead of time.

Very wise and sage advice brother!
Link Posted: 10/27/2014 5:39:19 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 10/28/2014 5:59:33 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 10/28/2014 9:31:59 PM EDT
[#6]
Judi French and Sharon Kennedy for Ohio Supreme Court - Spread the word folks!!!!!  
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 7:28:49 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 5:43:17 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 5:46:54 AM EDT
[#9]
Still baffled how Kasich managed to get even an A- grade from the NRA?
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 6:48:50 PM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Still baffled how Kasich managed to get even an A- grade from the NRA?
View Quote

From the site:
Why We Endorsed This Candidate

As Governor of Ohio, John Kasich has consistently supported legislation to protect the Second Amendment rights of Ohioans by signing into law legislation that:
•Eliminated the renewed competency certification requirement for concealed carry license renewals.

•Further defined a loaded firearm in a vehicle which allows options for storing loaded magazines during transport.

•Allowed concealed carry license holders to carry a firearm for self-defense in a restaurant that serves alcohol, provided the individual is not consuming alcohol, thus eliminating another “victim zone” in Ohio.

•Brought Ohio into compliance with federal law to provide for the restoration of firearm rights for certain individuals.

Link Posted: 10/30/2014 7:42:24 PM EDT
[#11]
- In 1994, Kasich was one of the Republican leaders to support a last-minute deal with President Bill Clinton to pass the Federal Assault Weapons Ban. After a series of meetings with Clinton's Chief of Staff, Leon Panetta, who was also a long-time friend of Kasich, the assault weapons ban was passed when 42 Republicans crossed party lines and voted with the Democrats to ban assault weapons. Kasich's support of the assault-weapons ban angered the National Rifle Association, which gave Kasich an "F" rating.
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 9:48:41 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
- In 1994, Kasich was one of the Republican leaders to support a last-minute deal with President Bill Clinton to pass the Federal Assault Weapons Ban. After a series of meetings with Clinton's Chief of Staff, Leon Panetta, who was also a long-time friend of Kasich, the assault weapons ban was passed when 42 Republicans crossed party lines and voted with the Democrats to ban assault weapons. Kasich's support of the assault-weapons ban angered the National Rifle Association, which gave Kasich an "F" rating.
View Quote

Brother....I know his history very well. You have the ultimate power in your ballot to decide whom you will vote for....I believe his opponent is
Rated a D-

Link Posted: 10/31/2014 4:38:51 AM EDT
[#13]
Lesser of two evils no doubt. I'm a life member, annual contributor and do a lot of volunteer recruiting for the NRA (I'll be working a gun show this weekend). But the A- rating given to Kasich churns my guts. Definitely made me rethink my supporting efforts. Still choosing to stand and fight.
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 5:37:45 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Lesser of two evils no doubt. I'm a life member, annual contributor and do a lot of volunteer recruiting for the NRA (I'll be working a gun show this weekend). But the A- rating given to Kasich churns my guts. Definitely made me rethink my supporting efforts. Still choosing to stand and fight.
View Quote

Thank you for your support....Working together, we will prevail!

Link Posted: 10/31/2014 7:31:12 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 11/1/2014 7:12:51 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 11/1/2014 11:01:59 AM EDT
[#17]
NRA Friends,

The future of our Second Amendment rights comes down to one day— Election Day—Tuesday, November 4.

Tuesday’s elections are the most important of our lifetime. Our fundamental right to keep and bear arms has never been in greater jeopardy. This election cycle, we face the best organized and most well-funded attack on our freedom since our forefathers put pen to paper to ensure our Second Amendment rights.

As a Second Amendment supporter, you belong to one of the most effective civil rights advocacy organizations in the country. But make no mistake; our opposition is not to be underestimated. Former New York City mayor Michael Bloomberg has declared war on the NRA and the Second Amendment. We must not sit back and let him use his billions of dollars to impose his radical and elitist anti-gun agenda on the American people.

Your vote on Tuesday could ensure the strength of the Second Amendment for generations to come. Stay home, and we will only be able to watch as anti-gun politicians advance and enact legislation to erode our rights and disarm the American people.  We must be sure our collective voices are heard loudly and clearly on Tuesday-- the future of our freedom depends on it!

To ensure you know which candidates support or oppose our Second Amendment rights prior to voting on Tuesday, please visit www.NRAPVF.org.

Without the hard work of millions of NRA members, our right to keep and bear arms would have already been rendered all but meaningless, just as it has for the people of Australia and England, places that President Obama cites as model gun control jurisdictions.

We salute our members and their determination to win each and every battle, and the culmination of that battle is Election Day on Tuesday.  You, the voters, ultimately determine America’s fate this year and for years to come. Freedom can be lost or gained incrementally. Your votes on Tuesday will ultimately determine which way the fate of our freedoms will sway. Now is your time to stand and fight!

Yours in freedom,

Chris W. Cox
NRA-ILA Executive Director
Link Posted: 11/2/2014 8:09:54 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 11/3/2014 6:36:14 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 11/3/2014 10:24:22 PM EDT
[#20]

Vote on Tues!
Link Posted: 11/4/2014 12:11:35 PM EDT
[#21]
I voted!

All "R" and pro 2nd Amendment!

Link Posted: 11/4/2014 1:48:12 PM EDT
[#22]
Well done!
Link Posted: 11/6/2014 8:56:11 PM EDT
[#23]
This was a remarkable election in OH for pro-gun right supporters!!!   Job well done everyone!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top