Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 7
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 11/2/2014 7:20:40 AM EDT
[#1]
New York: Defend Freedom-Defeat Cuomo!

Make no mistake about it, Governor Andrew Cuomo is anti-gun and actively seeks to diminish Second Amendment rights in New York and throughout the nation.
Time and time again, pro-gun citizens in New York are confronted with a condescending disregard for their constitutional rights by political elitists like Governor Andrew Cuomo. Cuomo wanted to be first. He wanted the "toughest gun-control laws in the nation" and actively sought to massively restrict the constitutional rights of New York's citizens. The record is clear, Governor Andrew Cuomo cannot be trusted with your Second Amendment rights. For these reasons and more, Governor Andrew Cuomo has earned an "F" rating from NRA-PVF:

GOVERNOR CUOMO signed an amicus brief as Attorney General for New York that supported Washington, D.C.’s handgun ban in the landmark Heller case.

GOVERNOR CUOMO supported frivolous lawsuits against the gun industry as HUD Director.

GOVERNOR CUOMO is responsible for one of the largest gun bans in the history of New York State – the SAFE Act, passed in the middle of the night with no public input

GOVERNOR CUOMO went on public radio in January 2014 and said those who are pro assault weapon and anti SAFE Act are “extreme conservatives” and have no place in New York.

GOVERNOR CUOMO banned scores of commonly-owned hunting guns by classifying them as “assault weapons.”  For example
, a turkey hunting shotgun with a thumbhole stock in now officially classified as an assault weapon and banned.

GOVERNOR CUOMO created a registration scheme that is designed to do one thing, confiscate firearms.  Under the semi-auto firearm registration law, guns cannot be transferred in-state, even to family members.  The gun must be surrendered to the state police or sold out-of-state.

GOVERNOR CUOMO  supports the building of a background check system for ammunition that will cost billions of dollars, and is currently unworkable.

GOVERNOR CUOMO's SAFE Act has driven manufacturing jobs out of New York State with several large manufacturers relocating to states like Alabama and Pennsylvania.  

GOVERNOR CUOMO has even bigger designs for taking away guns if re-elected.  Gun shows will be a thing of the past and those fortunate enough to have guns will be forced to keep them under lock and key.

GOVERNOR CUOMO decommissioned his own ethics panel, the Moreland Commission, when they started looking at corruption inside the Governor’s office.

GOVERNOR CUOMO supported the 7 round magazine restriction, an arbitrary law which was ultimately overturned by the Western New York District Court. The overturned ruling forced the state to revert back to the existing 10 round limitation.  New York is only one of about six states that have a magazine restriction at all, and the state’s limit is one of the most restrictive magazine limits in the country. The courts agreed with Second Amendment supporters that Cuomo's unconstitutional magazine limit was arbitrary.

For more information on the pro-Second Amendment and NRA endorsed candidate, Rob Astorino, visit www.NRAPVF.org/VoteAstorino and remember to vote Rob Astorino for New York Governor on Tuesday, November 4!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Link Posted: 11/2/2014 7:33:30 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 11/2/2014 2:09:07 PM EDT
[#3]

We all know what happened to our brothers and sisters in Connecticut.....I pray that it doesn't happen elsewhere.  

If this picture doesn't provide you with the motivation to vote and to get others to do so....nothing will.

Link Posted: 11/2/2014 2:48:58 PM EDT
[#4]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

http://nraila.org/media/13478779/standinline.jpg

We all know what happened to our brothers and sisters in Connecticut.....I pray that it doesn't happen elsewhere.  

If this picture doesn't provide you with the motivation to vote and to get others to do so....nothing will.

View Quote

just shared out that photo on FB, as a plea to vote No on -594, with the following

"RE: " .... And if so, then you have nothing to fear from background checks from private sellers."

Well, the private sellers are just the catalyst. It's the government running another background check on you, and keeping the results on file, indefinitely.

FWIW, Jaime Pedersen could've had the UBC bill passed in the spring of 2013, but he held out for the collection and retention of pistol transactions ( which you still see enumerated on pg.13 of I-594). Details from http://seattletimes.com/.../2020389406_backgroundcheckxml...

"... The Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms has not backed a background-check proposal in decades, Gottlieb said.

To support it now, Gottlieb is requesting several tweaks, including asking state officials to conduct the checks, not the feds.

But the thing Gottlieb wants most is the elimination of the so-called state gun-owner database, which is actually a loose collection of records from the background checks of handgun purchases already being conducted for licensed dealers.

Records of the checks for purchases of rifles and shotguns are conducted by the federal government and subsequently destroyed. But records from local law-enforcement checks on handgun buyers are kept — and state gun owners have long feared they’ll some day be used by government authorities hoping to take guns from citizens.

"You can’t confiscate guns if you don’t know who has them,” said Gottlieb, explaining why he wants the records destroyed.

Pedersen said he does not think the records are used for anything, and thus he doesn’t have a problem with destroying them. But he said he hasn’t discussed Gottlieb’s offer with law enforcement, fellow lawmakers or others...."

He apparently doesn't believe that law-abiding citizens, who happen to own guns, have any right to privacy.

Second Amendment activist Alan Gottlieb said...

SEATTLETIMES.COM

Link Posted: 11/2/2014 7:54:43 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks Gunny....I've been helping out in Washington State all that I can.  Robo-calls, emails, mailings.....the message is being spread far and wide despite Bloomberg's millions.

Working together...We will prevail!

Link Posted: 11/2/2014 8:17:37 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Thanks Gunny....I've been helping out in Washington State all that I can.  Robo-calls, emails, mailings.....the message is being spread far and wide despite Bloomberg's millions.

View Quote

From your lips to God's ear.
Link Posted: 11/2/2014 8:28:59 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 11/2/2014 8:48:32 PM EDT
[#8]

Due to an expected higher than usual voter turn out for this particular election, The WA Sec'y of State has split voting over two days, to facilitate a better accounting: Those voting for I-594 are turn in their ballots no sooner than Nov. 5th and all else are to turn in their ballots by 8pm on 4 Nov.

Link Posted: 11/2/2014 10:57:45 PM EDT
[#9]
I will Vote Freedom First in Ohio
Link Posted: 11/3/2014 6:05:18 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 11/3/2014 8:20:25 PM EDT
[#11]
One last day!

Just finished my last lit drop....off to set up another phone bank.  

Thanks to everyone for the words of encouragement.....

Working together - we will prevail!

Link Posted: 11/3/2014 9:39:21 PM EDT
[#12]
Almost go time!!
Link Posted: 11/3/2014 11:00:24 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Almost go time!!
View Quote

Yes, Sir.  I'm ready.  I will be trying to make sure all my friends and family get to the polls tomorrow after work, and then I plan to have a nice evening watching returns and enjoying a couple of (hopefully celebratory) glasses of good bourbon.
Link Posted: 11/4/2014 12:13:40 AM EDT
[#14]
GET OUT THERE AND VOTE ON TUESDAY!!!!  
Link Posted: 11/4/2014 12:23:00 AM EDT
[#15]
I will vote for freedom first in Florida!
Link Posted: 11/4/2014 8:44:46 AM EDT
[#16]
GO TIME

Link Posted: 11/4/2014 10:47:18 AM EDT
[#17]
Just voted freedom first in Kansas!!  Wife, kids and number of friends did also!
Link Posted: 11/4/2014 1:16:09 PM EDT
[#18]
Voted here in Utah.  I cast my vote for Jason Chaffetz for the House.  It's a shame I'm not in Mia Love's district to help gain another Republican seat in the House.  I'm encouraging my friends in her district to help her, though.
Link Posted: 11/4/2014 1:48:54 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Just voted freedom first in Kansas!!  Wife, kids and number of friends did also!
View Quote

Outstanding!!
Link Posted: 11/4/2014 1:49:55 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Voted here in Utah.  I cast my vote for Jason Chaffetz for the House.  It's a shame I'm not in Mia Love's district to help gain another Republican seat in the House.  I'm encouraging my friends in her district to help her, though.
View Quote

Great job.....Congressman Chaffetz is one true Patriot....I wish the very best for Mia as well!
Link Posted: 11/4/2014 5:33:41 PM EDT
[#21]
I am reading that GOP turnout in Colorado is much higher than dem turnout.  This is just from blogs, but blogs that I respect.

This is excellent early news if true.
Link Posted: 11/4/2014 8:32:46 PM EDT
[#22]
I voted freedom first today.  But, that required me voting for one democrat.  My county sheriff runs as a dem, but he signed my form 4 while I sat and BS'ed with him about guns and shooting (I called to ask about dropping it off and the receptionist said he was in the office and could sign if I could be there before 5pm), his dept will issue carry permits 24/7 on the spot, no waiting.  As far as I'm concerned, he is a freedom first democrat.
Link Posted: 11/4/2014 10:08:20 PM EDT
[#23]
Freedom First in Alaska yes I did!

Link Posted: 11/4/2014 10:17:57 PM EDT
[#24]

In AL:

Link Posted: 11/4/2014 10:20:46 PM EDT
[#25]
"I will Vote Freedom First in Texas"
Link Posted: 11/4/2014 10:23:00 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 11/5/2014 6:39:35 AM EDT
[#27]
A picture says a 1000 words......and you just nailed it brother!

Link Posted: 11/5/2014 2:59:40 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 11/5/2014 3:44:27 PM EDT
[#29]

Very nice!

We almost threw out Warner in VA, just needed another 1%!

Link Posted: 11/5/2014 6:38:55 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

S/N AR001?  Jealous...

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

I know I am!!

Link Posted: 11/5/2014 6:49:12 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Very nice!

We almost threw out Warner in VA, just needed another 1%!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v501/defender3va/DSC_0286_zpsba670647.jpg
View All Quotes

We were pushing and pulling everyone in Virginia to Get Out The Vote.....Let's just hope they LEAD the way we NEED them to.....!
Link Posted: 11/5/2014 7:24:51 PM EDT
[#32]
Just got the IM that I won. Thank you Brother for all the hard work and dedication that you put in. After yesterdays elections I am starting to believe that Americas sleeping patriots are starting to wake up and I have hope again for the freedoms that we cherish.

It's time to go on the offensive,we have the anti's on their heels. let's put them on the ropes and down for the count. Don't just hold the line, take back the ground we have lost.....

Link Posted: 11/5/2014 7:29:10 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
"I Voted Freedom First In New York!

....and those who were selected are..............

Tactical Hard Case - M1aWolf

Tactical Shooting Rest - GunnyG

Range Bag - Defender3

Autographed edition of Chris Graham's exciting new book - babirl

Congratulations!

Check your IM!

Thanks to everyone who spread the news and took the time to vote  Freedom First on Election Day!  

View Quote

I'm a winner - thanks MM and the NRA!  I'll be very proud to show off that range bag when I'm out slinging some lead.  I'm also liking that rest and since I just received my NRA Store catalog, I may have to place an order.  Thanks again MM!!!!!
Link Posted: 11/5/2014 7:36:39 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Range Bag - Defender3

Congratulations!

Check your IM!

Thanks to everyone who spread the news and took the time to vote  Freedom First on Election Day!  

View Quote

WooHoooooooo !!! I finally got paid for being the NRA shill that I am regularly accused of being, in the local media!
Link Posted: 11/5/2014 9:05:36 PM EDT
[#35]
Awesome job MMDA
Link Posted: 11/6/2014 2:46:05 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

I'm a winner - thanks MM and the NRA!  I'll be very proud to show off that range bag when I'm out slinging some lead.  I'm also liking that rest and since I just received my NRA Store catalog, I may have to place an order.  Thanks again MM!!!!!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Range Bag - Defender3

Congratulations!

Check your IM!

Wow and totally unexpected/undeserved.  There are MANY actually doing the hard work and I'm just an old worn out/low-profile rabble rouser... Regardless, thanks Modern-Musket and NRA.

Truly looking forward to reading this but will attempt to preserve this signed addition in "near pristine" condition for future goodness.  I will purchase a few copies to add to the "library of hate/discontent" that will be available for sharing locally....  I will also be making a donation to NRA-ILA to help offset the "Vote Freedom First" recovery fund!

VR,
B2

Just donate and no strings attached/no "junk mail" issues:  http://www.nraila.org/

Mr. Chris Graham's book is available:  http://www.amazon.com/Election-Dezinformatsiya-Great-Chris-Graham/dp/0692252282
Link Posted: 11/13/2014 12:23:16 AM EDT
[#37]

View All Quotes

Quoted:

Range Bag - Defender3

Congratulations!
Check your IM!

So, when I got home this evening, there was a box waiting for me on the front porch...

Thank you Modern-Musket! Despite all of my good intentions for this major award, I'm going to have to admit that I'm gonna be a bit selfish: This one is a keeper!

Link Posted: 11/13/2014 6:24:34 AM EDT
[#38]
Outstanding Brother....simply OUTSTANDING!

More importantly....Congratulations on being a Proud Parent of a Scholar!!!

Link Posted: 11/13/2014 9:30:40 PM EDT
[#39]
Case arrived yesterday. Thanks again Brother for the opportunity and all the hard work you put in.
Link Posted: 11/13/2014 9:41:46 PM EDT
[#40]
Good job everyone on the election.  And thank you M - M for your work as well.

Congrats to the winners! !!!!
Link Posted: 11/14/2014 7:04:41 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Case arrived yesterday. Thanks again Brother for the opportunity and all the hard work you put in.
View Quote

Always brother!
Link Posted: 11/14/2014 7:05:27 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Good job everyone on the election.  And thank you M - M for your work as well.

Congrats to the winners! !!!!
View Quote

Thank you for the kind words brother.....

Always remember....working together, we will prevail!

Page / 7
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top