Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/16/2014 7:17:20 AM EDT
Limits on Doctors: Guns in Home Not Relevant

In late July, a three-judge panel of the 11th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals overturned an injunction in the "Docs vs. Glocks" case that, for a time, allowed doctors to ask people whether they had guns in their homes.

That injunction came on an appeal from doctors after the Florida Legislature passed, and Gov. Rick Scott signed, a 2011 law that discouraged doctors from asking such questions unless they were relevant to a patient's health.

Violation of the Firearm Owners' Privacy Act could trigger penalties ranging from fines to revocation of a doctor's license to practice.

Read more at: The Ledger
Link Posted: 9/16/2014 7:27:47 AM EDT
[#1]
Reelect Rick Scott
Link Posted: 9/16/2014 7:29:13 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Reelect Rick Scott
View Quote

Indeed!

Link Posted: 9/16/2014 8:48:50 AM EDT
[#3]
I concur!!!
Link Posted: 9/16/2014 8:51:38 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/16/2014 8:50:11 PM EDT
[#5]
So ... wordy article is wordy

maybe my reading comprehension skills are slipping, but where do we stand on this?

federal prohibition against firearm question or not?
Link Posted: 9/16/2014 9:16:58 PM EDT
[#6]
I don't mind if they ask.  I'm not answering.
Link Posted: 9/17/2014 1:26:59 AM EDT
[#7]
Marrion Hammer ftw!
Link Posted: 9/17/2014 5:56:09 AM EDT
[#8]
Hammer Time!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top