Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/27/2014 4:05:20 AM EDT
Massachusetts: NO NEED FOR A RIFLE OR SHOTGUN IN BOSTON?

This Wednesday, Boston Police Commissioner Bill Evans went on Boston Public Radio to discuss how he wanted the anti-gun discretionary provision restored in Senate Bill 2265 so that he could strip law-abiding gun owners of their rights to possess rifles and shotguns in Boston.  Completely out of touch with reality, Evans stated:

“For the most part, nobody in the city needs a shotgun, nobody needs a rifle, and I don’t know a lot of people who are into hunting who, being lifelong residents, would actually want that who lives in the city, but, especially here in the city I want to have discretion over who’s getting any type of gun because public safety is my main concern and as you know it’s an uphill battle taking as many guns off the street right now without pumping more into the system.”

Click here to hear more during hour two of the show.

Statements like this are exactly the reason the state legislature should not grant an issuing authority discretion in the issuance of FID cards.  Personal bias is not enough to strip a law-abiding gun owner of their constitutional right to keep and bear arms, and it is critical that the discretionary provision remain out of the conference committee report.

Please continue making phone calls and sending e-mails, urging your state Senator and Representative to put pressure on leadership to retain the Senate changes made to S.2265 and to report a clean bill from the conference committee that does not infringe on your Second Amendment rights.  Your action today could make all the difference.

Live links and more at: NRA-ILA
Link Posted: 7/27/2014 4:19:56 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 7/27/2014 4:29:38 AM EDT
[#2]
He doesn't want any resistance when the buses arrive. Buses full of illegal aliens have arrived in boston and more are on the way.
Link Posted: 7/27/2014 4:45:37 AM EDT
[#3]
Like I posted on another forum. You don't need a rifle or a shotgun, in that place you need a full auto.
Link Posted: 7/27/2014 7:41:13 AM EDT
[#4]
what an idiot          I thought bean town was smarter than most cities
Link Posted: 7/28/2014 2:47:14 PM EDT
[#5]
Boston, the home of John Adams and Samuel Adams. The place literally has the blood of patriots in the soil of that City and now it's run by tyrants.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top