Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/16/2012 5:18:35 PM EDT
Israel is mobilizing 75,000 reservist for a ground offensive into Gaza.  

Could this be a decoy to mobilize the military without tipping off their real intentions?

Link Posted: 11/16/2012 5:35:11 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Gamma762] [#1]
I think they truly did need to strike at Gaza, to disrupt/destroy weapons that have arrived from Libya which are a serious threat (SAMs and long range missiles).

You know, those weapons that the people killed in Bengazi were trying to stop (what's been conveniently ignored in all the Bengazi hoopla).
Link Posted: 11/16/2012 5:43:19 PM EDT
[#2]
No, I don't think so. What you see is what you're getting.
Link Posted: 11/16/2012 5:52:54 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By d90king:
No, I don't think so. What you see is what you're getting.

Yeah, they're not sending ground forces into Iran.  Although that could be interesting in a WWIII scenario kind of way.
Link Posted: 11/18/2012 12:15:41 PM EDT
[Last Edit: whick1] [#4]
I don't think they will go into Gaza although I hope they do. If they do not invade then the Hamas leadership will simply go underground and will re appear when safe possibly a lot stronger than they are now. When compared to the last invasion of Gaza in 2007-2008 Hamas is much more formidable than before. Before they only had short range rockets but now they have anti armor capabilities, more and better SAMs, and medium range rockets capable of reaching Tel Aviv. If you do not destroy their leadership and damage their ideology in another 5-7 years Hamas' will be even stronger when you have to factor in there are a lot more capable weapons on the black market now with the fall of Libya and the turmoil in Syria also Iran will give all they can to disrupt and distract Israel from its nuclear ambitions so even if precision airstrikes do destroy most of Hamas' weapons it will be easier than ever to get even better weapons. If I were over the IDF I would invade and wipe out Hamas' leadership. Egypt, even though they are controlled by the Muslim Brotherhood will not risk war with Israel becuase they know that Israel will kick its ass and it would risk losing the billions of aid that we give them every year. I just do no see anyone coming to Hamas' aid if war breaks out because the IDF is pretty formidable and NATO will be quick to join if Israel gets in over its head.

I do not think that Israel will invade Iran either because without aid from the US that would be a long drawn out war which I think Israel would win but if other Arab nations were to join if could get dicey. Israel knows that it can not count on Obama for military support like they could have Bush or even Clinton.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top