Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page General » Pets
Site Notices
Posted: 6/9/2017 3:20:31 PM EDT
I'm looking for a younger one. Preferably not a pup...somewhere around a year would be best...but I'd consider anything.
Link Posted: 6/9/2017 5:07:14 PM EDT
[#1]
There should be a rescue program in your state for Goldens. Try to do a search
Link Posted: 6/9/2017 5:29:25 PM EDT
[#2]
I've looked at rescue in several states in the midWest and West. Many of the old ones are out of business or have no dogs. The ones that do show some have dogs that are mixes and don't look very golden to me. It seems the rescue market has dried up.
Link Posted: 6/9/2017 5:53:53 PM EDT
[#3]
You just need to keep at it. They come up every now and again.

Our last pup we got off of a Craigslist ad. (4 month old purebred Golden)
Previous owners thought that getting a Golden puppy and living in a 1 BR apartment would be a workable situation.
Link Posted: 6/9/2017 5:59:35 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 6/9/2017 8:30:40 PM EDT
[#5]
Check with your local golden retriever club. They'll probably know where to steer you in your search.
Link Posted: 6/9/2017 8:50:41 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Check with your local golden retriever club. They'll probably know where to steer you in your search.
View Quote
I did that today! Hopefully.....

I'm not sure that I'm not rushing things though...he was killed on June 1. My wife thinks I should wait 6 months. IDK. I hate going dogless for that long.
Link Posted: 6/9/2017 9:01:27 PM EDT
[#7]
I know a breeder on the front range, N of Denver.  They have pups now, great lineage on the parents and $$$.
Link Posted: 6/9/2017 9:17:51 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I know a breeder on the front range, N of Denver.  They have pups now, great lineage on the parents and $$.
View Quote
I'm in Topeka. That's not too far for me, plus, I get to go to Colorado! Can you introduce me to them? Or IM me their phone number, web page, or email address?
Link Posted: 6/9/2017 9:21:23 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

I'm not sure that I'm not rushing things though...he was killed on June 1. My wife thinks I should wait 6 months. IDK. I hate going dogless for that long.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Everyone's different. I can't stand being dogless, so I get where you're coming from. Others want or even need a few months or even a year or two to grieve. Take it at your own pace and remember that the new dog isn't going to be exactly the same as the one you lost.
Link Posted: 6/9/2017 9:44:39 PM EDT
[#10]
Attachment Attached File

That ought to put you over the edge.   I've got a male coming from this litter.   I'll PM you the breeders webpage.
Link Posted: 8/17/2017 7:57:57 PM EDT
[#11]
There are Golden Retriever Rescue organization in almost every area of the nation.  I worked with GRRAND out of Louisville Ky as a foster parent and transporter for several years and use to be associated briefly with GRREAT out of the Virginia area.  If you cannot find a rescue in your area contact GRRAND.ORG and they will be able to hook you up with your local area GRR organization.
Link Posted: 8/17/2017 9:22:26 PM EDT
[#12]
Page General » Pets
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top