Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page General » Pets
Site Notices
Posted: 5/12/2017 10:34:04 PM EDT
Howdy Howdy.  

Haven't been on here much the past few years, because I run an animal rescue and wildlife rehabilitation center now.  Don't do dogs or cats.  We take in all the critters there's no other place for.  Talking about snakes longer than you, 100# tortoises, 7' lizards, Macaws, rats, chinchillas, salamanders, tarantulas, you name it.  :)  

Anybody on here have exotic critters?  

If y'all ever pass through NW Louisiana, stop by!  Kids go bananas when they see the place.  

Here's a piece ABC did about the place recently: Video

Link Posted: 5/13/2017 2:24:30 AM EDT
[#1]
Okay, I bet that keeps you busy, lol! It's gotta be an all day thing keeping them all fed and their crates or containers or whatever clean.

More pics of the tortoise (a sulcata?), please...I love watching these guys eat (unless they are eating their poo, which mine did quite a bit when he was tiny, yuck!), they just look so happy chomping down on their favorite fruits or veggies. Who could give up their tortoise? Glad he landed in a safe harbor with your rescue!
Link Posted: 5/13/2017 9:24:28 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 5/14/2017 8:53:07 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 5/14/2017 10:50:57 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Okay, I bet that keeps you busy, lol! It's gotta be an all day thing keeping them all fed and their crates or containers or whatever clean.

More pics of the tortoise (a sulcata?), please...I love watching these guys eat (unless they are eating their poo, which mine did quite a bit when he was tiny, yuck!), they just look so happy chomping down on their favorite fruits or veggies. Who could give up their tortoise? Glad he landed in a safe harbor with your rescue!
View Quote
Don't know if you do FB, but that's where our pics are.  Lots of 'em.    FB.
Link Posted: 5/14/2017 10:55:04 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

What's the lifespan of a tortoise?
View Quote
Depends on the species.  Chelonians are known in general for their longevity though.  We have lots of turtles (and birds) at the facility with a 100 year expectancy.  Some species live almost 200 years.  
Link Posted: 5/14/2017 11:00:32 AM EDT
[#6]
I did, in fact.  I beg your pardon.  I did glance through.  I guess I was scrolling too fast.
Page General » Pets
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top