Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page General » Pets
Site Notices
Posted: 5/9/2017 4:48:37 PM EDT
Any recommendations on non-stinky good quality pet treats? I have a 12 week old Goldendoodle. He refuses to eat cracker type treats. He really likes Milo's Kitchen. I've looked at the freeze dried Tripe, but reports are that they stink. Right now we are feeding Royal Canin Medium Puppy, but will probably change to Dr. Tim's after this bag is gone.
Link Posted: 5/9/2017 5:01:39 PM EDT
[#1]
Nice looking pup, due to the number of recalls on pet products I decided to make my own pup treats.

I use Alton Brown's stinky dog treats, the reason he calls them 'stinky' is the brushing with fish sauce at the end.  I've done it both with the fish sauce and without, my pup likes them either way.
Alton Brown dog treats
Link Posted: 5/9/2017 8:41:02 PM EDT
[#2]
My lab eats Dr. Tim's Kinesis.  95% of "treats" are just regular food kept in a small bowl on top the fridge.
Link Posted: 5/10/2017 12:14:07 AM EDT
[#3]
I haven't seen many dogs that would turn down dehydrated sweet potato, odd as it may sound.
Link Posted: 5/10/2017 3:06:13 PM EDT
[#4]
My dog gets a greenie at 9pm every night.  If you forget about it, she'll let you know.  Damn dog has an internal clock or something.
Link Posted: 5/12/2017 6:49:38 PM EDT
[#5]
We mix two eggs each morning and fry them, no grease, cut them into 8 wedges, 2 for each dog. Wife feeds them their meal at noon. At 4 pm she peels and slices 1 apple and feeds to them. We've been buying whole chicken breast, cutting into strips and I grill them, then put them in the freezer. They get 1/2 strip each as a treat at night.

IMO, chicken breast is much cheaper than the premium treats sold in the stores. Just make sure yours does not have some type of chicken allergy.
Page General » Pets
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top