Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page General » Pets
Posted: 3/20/2017 10:26:55 AM EDT
I've had a husky and malamute for close to 10 years now. In the first house I lived in I had carpet that attracted dog hair and held it till vacuumed. In the house I moved into a few years ago I have more hardwood floor and a different type of carpet I think is called loop pile. Aside from the hardwood floor this new carpet doesn't seem to trap the dog hair and it just goes everywhere and floats in the air. I have an area rug the dogs use that traps the fur like the old carpeting.

Aside from getting new carpeting is there a device or filter that will attract fur or keep it from floating around the house?
Link Posted: 3/20/2017 11:30:59 AM EDT
[#1]
We have similar issues since we went from shag carpet to hardwood and tile.

We have GFA heat so we set the fan control on the the thermostat to "run" rather than auto and have installed two Honeywell tower air cleaners, one upstairs one down.

It all helps a bit, but the rapid accumulation of rolling balls of dog hair is disturbing. The air cleaners are a huge help in keeping the dog dander (white dust) under control.

Hair generators:

Link Posted: 3/20/2017 12:21:48 PM EDT
[#2]
Vacuum the dags more often?

Seriously, you seek some mode of continuous clean up to keep up with the continuous production.

They're expensive, but a Roomba is one step in that direction.

Link Posted: 3/22/2017 8:35:39 PM EDT
[#3]
I have laminate flooring and I know what you're going through.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/22/2017 8:47:35 PM EDT
[#4]
Try a Roomba, or one similar. It changed my life. It's like it was made specifically for dog hair. 
Page General » Pets
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top