Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page General » Pets
Site Notices
Posted: 1/16/2017 6:07:47 AM EDT
We don't have a bird picture thread, and  I miss my godchild, my friend's blue and gold macaw, so lets see the birds of arfcom.
Link Posted: 1/21/2017 5:38:22 AM EDT
[#1]
Had a few birds over the years. My first was a hadfed male cockatiel my folks got me when I was 9. Took him home the day he was weaned. I had him for nearly 20 years before he died from a respiratory infection. Sunny (thought he was a girl until he started whistling) was awesome. When I started college I got a little green parakeet to keep him company, it worked great. Yoda and him where inseparable, but Sunny always liked people best.

My next bird was wasn't as friendly.

And my new cockatiel, shes not hand fed and taking a bit to tame down.
Link Posted: 1/23/2017 7:41:13 PM EDT
[#2]
She died in November. Haven't been able to find the right "replacement" for her.

Link Posted: 2/5/2017 1:44:35 AM EDT
[#3]
My three rescues... the fat fuck in the middle is me. Forgive the shirt, I use my stained up shirts when holding the birds because they like to put holes in everything.

Bald bird is 12 yo male Chico
The little one on my shoulder is 5 yo female Tess
The red one is Hope, she's 12 female that was rescued by the Oregon Humane Society along with 245 other birds. She's missing all her toes on her right foot and her left wing was pinioned (surgically and permanent removal of the end of the wing).
Link Posted: 3/3/2017 11:28:02 AM EDT
[#4]
Just brought home my first bird, a Green Cheeked Conure. Hand fed at the store, shop owner said he(?) is about 4-6 months old. Haven't decided on a name yet He is now Bandit.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/3/2017 8:27:09 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 3/6/2017 7:39:49 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
We babysat for a parrot for about a week.

He did not like men.  Was warned that he would bite you if given any opportunity.

He took a liking to me.  Everyone was amazed and impressed.

They didn't know that I was sneaking him macaroni and cheese when nobody else was looking.
View Quote

LOL
Link Posted: 4/16/2017 9:16:10 AM EDT
[#7]
Hope chillin on my M416 trailer on a rare day of sun in the PNW

Tess on her toy after she fucked herself by chewing up her rope perch.
Link Posted: 4/16/2017 9:17:57 AM EDT
[#8]
Oh, and this is the bald bastard Chico who is quite the character
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 9:30:25 PM EDT
[#9]
Cool thread. I've always been amazed by birds and thought they were cool pets. Quite the long term dedication, especially with the bigger birds.

Does anyone here have a hyacinth macaw?
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 9:37:21 PM EDT
[#10]
in my front yard yesterday....quite a few of his buddies have been spending the spring pooping on my driveway
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 10:57:17 PM EDT
[#11]
In for the apex predators.

This is Bones* the rabbit slayer.

*He was trapped in a creepy old rural cemetery complete with wrought iron gates and knotted old trees
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 4:00:36 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Cool thread. I've always been amazed by birds and thought they were cool pets. Quite the long term dedication, especially with the bigger birds.

View Quote
I wish but you are talking about a $12,000 bird that must have macadamia nuts in its diet for health.
Link Posted: 4/26/2017 7:25:06 PM EDT
[#13]
Damn good looking red tail!
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 3:55:17 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote
Crappy pic. Will try to find a better one. Follows you around like a puppy. She's about 16 years old IIRC.

Link Posted: 6/26/2017 3:56:25 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

I wish but you are talking about a $12,000 bird that must have macadamia nuts in its diet for health.
View Quote
No macadamia nuts are needed for their health. Going on 16 or years with ours with no issues.
Link Posted: 7/5/2017 12:24:33 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Crappy pic. Will try to find a better one. Follows you around like a puppy. She's about 16 years old IIRC.

http://www.geocities.ws/flockingbirdman/bike-bird5.jpg
View Quote
Better pic:

Link Posted: 7/5/2017 12:25:35 PM EDT
[#17]
A few more....

Link Posted: 8/1/2017 5:19:11 PM EDT
[#18]
The wife and the big bird of the flock....
Link Posted: 8/1/2017 5:32:15 PM EDT
[#19]
Nice blue and gold. They're such great birds,
Page General » Pets
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top