Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page General » Pets
Site Notices
Posted: 1/2/2017 9:33:39 AM EDT
I'll start,  I have two Golden Retrievers,  one is 8 months old the other is 12 years old. Amazing dogs,  anyone who doesn't like a good,  well behaved dog doesn't have a heart
These are not in chronological order,  feel free to discuss breeds or share dog pictures of your own!
First one I took when everyone was back at my parents for Christmas, sister fell asleep during movies,  my dog decided to join in

Sorry alot I know, but they're amazing dogs
Link Posted: 1/2/2017 10:23:54 AM EDT
[#1]
Beautiful dogs. I always thought if I didn't own Shelties I'd have Golden Retrievers. I want a good natured dog. Love Collies but they can be aggressive at times, that's why I settled on Shelties. Which is good, my wife has a scar around her eye where a Collie bit her when she was little, her fault, she knows it but still the intimidation is there. Now days a bigger dog for us would be a Golden.

Been a Sheltie owner since 1987, so that's 30 years with these guys. I've never trained them, never had a need, they learn themselves pretty quick. I never wanted a show dog or one to do tricks, I just want them to be a dog. Normally I have just owned one, but the wife wanted more so I caved and I'm glad I did.

Ruger 3 YO, leader of the pack
Attachment Attached File

Sis, 3 YO, wife says I spoil her.
Attachment Attached File

Casey, 2 YO. Seems there has always been a "Casey" in my life, previous 2 shelties were named Casey, old neighbor had one dog named Casey.
Attachment Attached File

Gideon, 1-1/2 YO. This guy has a nose on him and is full of mischief. Spur of the moment decision to get him and I glad I did, he's so gentle.
Attachment Attached File

I know people get tired of me posting them.
Link Posted: 1/2/2017 11:07:59 AM EDT
[#2]

Link Posted: 1/2/2017 11:28:12 AM EDT
[#3]

This is Beans....she has a mental disorder but she is an awesome pup.
Link Posted: 1/2/2017 3:33:10 PM EDT
[#4]
I have two yellow labs.  This is Chewie.  Belle is my other lab.  She makes a cameo appearance.

ETA: link for embed fail

Chewie
Link Posted: 1/3/2017 2:04:28 AM EDT
[#5]

My boy, Trigger.

Mutt from the local pound. I've heard everything from Kelpie, Shepherd, Husky (his curly tail) mix. Don't really give a shit what he is because he's the coolest dog ever.
Link Posted: 1/3/2017 9:29:19 PM EDT
[#6]
This is my boy Barrett.

He is a wonderfully well behaved 8 month old Cane Corso.  Shout out to his breeder Serafina Cane Corso.

He's super smart and fairly easy to train. Sit, down, stay, free, leash manners, don't eat the cat.  Well, were working on the last one.

He does beautifully with our 8 year old daughter, our 8 year old Westie, and my daughter's 8 month old cat.

Honestly though it's not all sunshine and rainbows, he can be very stubborn. Combine this with his large size and its necessary to socialize and train daily in order to have a good ambassador of the breed.  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SNywP32-jHk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K1IWb03MEO4

Just a few days old.

Fresh off the plane at 12 weeks.

6 months old.

8 months old.  

Link Posted: 1/3/2017 9:32:17 PM EDT
[#7]
Barrett looks like a BEAST. Awesome dog. I'm not familiar with that breed.
Link Posted: 1/3/2017 10:07:30 PM EDT
[#8]
Our three guys.  The GSD was about 9 months in this picture.  He's a little over a year old now.  The other two are 9 and 7 years old.
Link Posted: 1/3/2017 10:09:37 PM EDT
[#9]
https://flic.kr/p/PjykqZ

My "Sam".  He's a giant schnauzer, he retrieves, obeys, and performs about ten different tricks
Link Posted: 1/4/2017 8:54:43 PM EDT
[#10]
Hanging out in the garage next to the heater.
Link Posted: 1/5/2017 11:52:56 AM EDT
[#11]
My girl Gabi

" />
Link Posted: 1/7/2017 11:25:23 PM EDT
[#12]
First snow!
Link Posted: 2/4/2017 9:38:12 PM EDT
[#13]
Daisy and Fluffy.

Link Posted: 2/7/2017 8:51:09 PM EDT
[#14]
Kona, my Greater Swiss Mountain Dog.

One year old, 110lbs, smart, friendly but never misses a single trick.

Link Posted: 2/8/2017 2:56:06 AM EDT
[#15]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Kona, my Greater Swiss Mountain Dog.

One year old, 110lbs, smart, friendly but never misses a single trick.
View Quote

He is awesome!
Our giant English Mastiff needed a buddy, so we brought him home a brand new Great Dane.  We love him!
Link Posted: 2/8/2017 4:04:03 AM EDT
[#16]
Brandy (Lab/GSD), one of our "rescues".  She's eleven years old.  I got her in 2007 at 1.5 years old.

Link Posted: 2/17/2017 7:43:53 PM EDT
[#17]
Addi is a working girl (some of the time  )

Her thread

Addi
Page General » Pets
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top