Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page General » Pets
Site Notices
Posted: 12/27/2016 8:51:01 PM EDT
I have a cat about 10 months old that says in the house.

She is always cold since winter set in.

climbs under covers, lays out  under the fireplace when it is on.

I might ad she is quite plump.

I taught her to roll over when she was younger and she developed a weight problem.  It took a lot of cat cookies to get her to roll over and shake paws.

Do I need to make her a  cat sweater??
Link Posted: 12/27/2016 9:23:14 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 12/27/2016 10:58:13 PM EDT
[#2]
Not weird at all. Cats like warmth.
Link Posted: 12/27/2016 10:58:24 PM EDT
[#3]
I think cats just like to be warm. My little tortie cat loves sleeping under the covers with me. I'll also set up a folded comforter so she can crawl under while I'm gone.
Link Posted: 12/29/2016 10:45:23 PM EDT
[#4]
Get a sweater or jacket for her.  We do that for our older cats.
Link Posted: 12/29/2016 10:56:35 PM EDT
[#5]
Cats have a higher body temperature than we do, and they're desert animals.  They like it warm.

Just make sure she has plenty of warm places to curl up and she'll be fine.

Some cats like to get under the covers or wrap up, others don't.
Link Posted: 1/4/2017 1:37:12 PM EDT
[#6]
Cats do love a warm spot.  My white cat is like a little heat seeking missile, especially when it's cold out.  The heat vents, the fireplace, even the treadmill after I get done using it.

ETA...

Link Posted: 1/4/2017 1:43:30 PM EDT
[#7]
Cats are heat vampires. They will actively seek out and absorb all heat they can find.

Our cat actively scouts the HVAC vents in the house waiting for the heat to come on. When he hears the furnace fire up he runs over and plops down on a register.
Link Posted: 1/8/2017 7:09:14 AM EDT
[#8]
Yep, mine still haven't forgiven me for getting rid of the CRT TV & monitor. Those things really put off some heat. I hate to think of how much cat fur was in them.
Link Posted: 1/9/2017 11:31:31 AM EDT
[#9]
I built a heathy fine in the wood stove last night

Fur ball was there of course.

went to pet her and she was HOT to the touch!!

She rolled over and meowed  to say she  was happy
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 3:32:31 PM EDT
[#10]
Cats descend from a desert cat.  Therefore yes they like warm.  That is why they are often called heat leaches...
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 10:56:32 PM EDT
[#11]
Domino may be taking the whole heat leech thing too far.

Page General » Pets
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top