Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page General » Pets
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 11/1/2016 1:12:03 AM EDT
Hey there! I have a hobby in keeping ball pythons and leopard geckos. I thought I'd share some of my collection of very beautiful animals

Here's a bumble bee male ball python (pastel spider phenotype):

And a coral glow male ball python:

Link Posted: 11/1/2016 1:54:39 AM EDT
[#1]
Love my BP, posting to add pics later

Eta.

Lucy the Gecko

And while not a snake or reptile, here is Rebecca
Full grown emperor scorpion.

Video of her feeding because I'm a whore

skip to :35 for crunch

Link Posted: 11/1/2016 10:43:48 PM EDT
[#2]
Reticulated pythons

King Ghidorah

Chaos watching a bunny or squirrel...

Karma about two years ago, as a baby.

Karma's momma

Link Posted: 11/25/2016 6:20:42 AM EDT
[#3]
PepeTheGreat, awesome leopard gecko and scorpion!! You gotta love the way leopards have that permasmile I would probably be too chicken shit to handle that scorpion tho lol.
Sorry guys for the late reply by the way -- classes have been cutting into my sleep lately lol. Thank god for Turkey day break .

Gratuitous "super hypo" "tangerine" "carrot tail" "baldy" leopard gecko male shot -- he like to help when I study for the MCAT.
Link Posted: 11/25/2016 6:32:34 AM EDT
[#4]
Bubbles, you have some very pretty works of living art there Karma's momma is a beast, and King Ghidorah really has some colors that pop. If I had my own house, retics would definitely be in the equation (so sick of renting and having scaredy cat roommates lol). I have big plans to cross my enchi pied with a orange dream yellow belly female to make triple trait het pieds :-)

Here's my recent pick ups (the words in quotations denote traits  -- just a fyi to passersbye):

16' male "enchi" "pied" ball python.

16' female "cinnamon" "caramel albino" "orange ghost" ball python.

Link Posted: 11/25/2016 12:18:49 PM EDT
[#5]
I actually like hypos more than pieds so that little girl would look great in my rack.

I started pairing mine last week.  Six males, three locks observed.  Early days yet.

I also started cooling my BRB's and dumerils boas.
Link Posted: 11/25/2016 6:22:15 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I actually like hypos more than pieds so that little girl would look great in my rack.

I started pairing mine last week.  Six males, three locks observed.  Early days yet.

I also started cooling my BRB's and dumerils boas.
View Quote

She's a dandy for sure :-) Good luck on hitting large clutches and good odds BRBs are just amazing in real life with iridescent scales. I'm learning how to start breeding my animals, many of which are near breeding age.
Btw, I have a double recessive project with my female hypo het desert ghost, female SPOG, and male desert ghost :-)

Here's my >1 kg female "Desert Ghost" ball python.
Link Posted: 11/28/2016 1:19:30 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
They're amazing!  Please post pics of their enclosure.
View Quote

We actually don't have any.  They're in Boamaster 8'x30"x18" melamine enclosures with a Reptile Basics 120W radiant heat panel.  Newspaper + large undumpable (sort of) water bowl in each one.  These guys are big enough they don't bother with hiding, they just wait for us to show up with rabbits LOL.
Link Posted: 1/29/2017 2:04:43 AM EDT
[#9]
I saw the coolest piebald ball python tonight, had to stop myself from buying him on the spot.  Haven't had a reptile in years so can't decide if I want to open that door again or not.  This ball was killer looking though.
Link Posted: 1/29/2017 6:16:05 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I saw the coolest piebald ball python tonight, had to stop myself from buying him on the spot.  Haven't had a reptile in years so can't decide if I want to open that door again or not.  This ball was killer looking though.
View Quote

Warning: they're like potato chips.  You don't stop at one.
Link Posted: 1/29/2017 11:12:40 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Warning: they're like potato chips.  You don't stop at one.
View Quote

Yeah that's what I'm worried about, used to work in pet stores when I was younger and have seen the addiction first hand .   At the time I got the itch scratched so to speak by taking care of all kinds of reptiles as well as every other pet and not having to do it at home.  Now seeing this guy I want him bad.   Had a snake when I was a kid but we gave him away.

Went by the store tonight and held him to see how he was.  Even for a ball he is super chill and likes to be held.  Color is aweome and looks healthy, wife even held him and liked him and she's terrified of snakes usually.  I have a bad feeling tomorrow he's mine.
Link Posted: 3/3/2017 7:05:15 PM EDT
[#12]
Ended up picking him up.  Forgot to update but he's doing well.  First shed was kinda weird as he started peeling behind his head first.  Think where he came from was a tad dry but that's been fixed at our place.   Had to help him with the head a bit but he did good.  Eating like a hog and very tame and chill.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/3/2017 8:06:26 PM EDT
[#13]
I had to remove a cable box this morning. It was probably around 30 degrees outside. Found all these little guys behind the box I removed.
Pulled them all off the wall and set them on a rock in the sun. Hour later they were all running all over the place.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/7/2017 3:37:22 PM EDT
[#14]
Our 3yo Bumblebee ball, Buzz. Unfortunately we have to rehome him soon.

Link Posted: 4/2/2017 7:21:53 PM EDT
[#15]
Shadow, our Mexican Black King snake.  She's another freebie/rescue.

Link Posted: 4/3/2017 9:52:15 AM EDT
[#16]
Saphira - adult genetic stripe reticulated python.  She's just shy of 14 feet long.  She was in shed in these pictures which is why she looks dark, normally she's a lot brighter.  Also not the easiest snake to handle, she can be a bit territorial/defensive in her enclosure.

Link Posted: 4/3/2017 6:34:03 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Saphira - adult genetic stripe reticulated python.  She's just shy of 14 feet long.  She was in shed in these pictures which is why she looks dark, normally she's a lot brighter.  Also not the easiest snake to handle, she can be a bit territorial/defensive in her enclosure.
http://i477.photobucket.com/albums/rr136/efillc/Snakes/Retics/Saphira/7D1A6001%20edit%201_zpsgrn4qjty.jpg

http://i477.photobucket.com/albums/rr136/efillc/Snakes/Retics/Saphira/7D1A6050%20edit%201_zpsrmwcqyae.jpg
View Quote
Wow!  Nice snake
Link Posted: 5/14/2017 10:56:09 AM EDT
[#18]
I generally have between 200-300 at any given time.  :)  

Started a rescue and rehabilitation center for them.  If anyone passes through Louisiana, stop by!  LEARN or FB us up

Link Posted: 5/14/2017 11:26:58 AM EDT
[#19]
Also do a lot of outreach, bringing herps to schools and events and such to demystify them.  

Link Posted: 5/23/2017 6:48:56 PM EDT
[#20]
Here's a picture of my two from their latest photo sessions. The corn had just shed a few days before, he's right at about 3 feet now.
Link Posted: 5/23/2017 8:05:36 PM EDT
[#21]
No pics but my spinner ball python gave me seven eggs today.  She was dual-sired with one fire male and one enchi male.
Link Posted: 7/29/2017 8:40:34 PM EDT
[#22]
Babies pipped a few days ago!  Pairing was a spinner female dual-sired to lesser vanilla and enchi males.  Looks like the lesser vanilla did the deed.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/7/2017 2:25:03 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I had to remove a cable box this morning. It was probably around 30 degrees outside. Found all these little guys behind the box I removed.
Pulled them all off the wall and set them on a rock in the sun. Hour later they were all running all over the place.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/296004/IMG-2591-158311.JPG
View Quote
Love fence/spiny lizards! First lizard was a Texas Spiny I basically hacked a bush apart to catch. They're super curious and eventually they get pretty docile. Great starter lizard.
Link Posted: 8/14/2017 10:15:22 PM EDT
[#24]
Abcdefg
Link Posted: 8/19/2017 10:14:11 PM EDT
[#25]
Female black-tailed rattlesnake.

Link Posted: 8/19/2017 11:46:05 PM EDT
[#26]
Cool reptiles all. Thanks for showing us. Beautiful colors.
Link Posted: 9/4/2017 10:38:21 PM EDT
[#27]
My Veiled Chameleon whos name is Chode!

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/18/2017 12:18:16 PM EDT
[#28]
Mature male B. albopilosum
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/28/2017 6:33:45 PM EDT
[#29]
Brachypelma boehmei
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/28/2017 7:47:20 PM EDT
[#30]
All my snakes are free range  

DSCN0482-Crop by FredMan, on Flickr

Black Snake by FredMan, on Flickr
Link Posted: 10/1/2017 6:58:39 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
My Veiled Chameleon whos name is Chode!

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/110810/IMG_1878-299405.JPG
View Quote
Jeff approves and says "Hi!"

Attachment Attached File

Close-Up of his pattern.
Attachment Attached File

Chavez says howdy also. He's a Venezuelan suntiger. I can't find a recent pick of Ty, my Chaco Golden Knee. Chavez is pretty camera shy.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/16/2018 8:59:32 PM EDT
[#32]
Elvira, two year old yellow anaconda, about six feet.  Not the easiest snake to work with and very enclosure defensive.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/24/2018 4:08:51 AM EDT
[#33]
Tube Lizard the borneo short tail

and Frank the retic. They weren't lying when they said they grow like weeds

Link Posted: 6/29/2018 7:45:52 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 7/7/2018 5:53:20 PM EDT
[#35]
Mirror, mirror, on the ground,
Who's the fairest one around?

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/17/2018 7:07:50 PM EDT
[#36]
Anyone with an Emerald Tree Boa?   That’s the snake I want.  Especially with a nice white pattern.

Link Posted: 8/11/2018 3:01:47 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Anyone with an Emerald Tree Boa?   That’s the snake I want.  Especially with a nice white pattern.

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/f9/7f/63/f97f63e3a27fab5083e3fb3bb5388fc1.jpg
View Quote
I bred Northern Emeralds yrs ago. The one in the pic is a Basin Emerald.
Beautiful animals!
Link Posted: 9/1/2018 3:50:42 PM EDT
[#38]
The ball  pythons are my daughter's. I pay the brown snakes in slugs and snails to protect my property.

Timothy celebrating his first hatch day
Attachment Attached File

Best Nalia pic I have. She's a little bitey.
Attachment Attached File

Good Timmy pic:
Attachment Attached File

Love finding these little fellows in the yard. Really cool little snakes. I pay them in snails and slugs to protect my property.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/2/2018 2:09:06 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/f9/7f/63/f97f63e3a27fab5083e3fb3bb5388fc1.jpg
View Quote
I've had both Northerns and Basins.  This was the pairing I was most excited about.  It never produced and eventually the black Northern was sold to a guy in another country for $8000.  I've never seen another Northern with this color.

And just because I found this older pic.  One of the Basins.

Link Posted: 9/5/2018 9:24:14 AM EDT
[#40]
I’ve had Balls, Monitors, Iguanas, Hognose, and more, but I enjoyed hatching out my first clutch of corn snakes the most.  
I kept this male.  He’s 6 years old now and probably as big as he’ll get:

She came from Steve Roylance in Florida a couple years ago.  
Link Posted: 9/5/2018 9:42:59 PM EDT
[#41]
Curious if anybody else has a ball python that's on frozen rats. I'm guessing my daughter's oldest snek, Timothy, knows that the rat is dead, so he doesn't even strike any longer. He just positions the rat to go down the hatch the easiest. Wondering if this is common behavior. When she first got him, he'd strike hard. He's over 2 years old now.
Link Posted: 9/5/2018 10:53:18 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Curious if anybody else has a ball python that's on frozen rats. I'm guessing my daughter's oldest snek, Timothy, knows that the rat is dead, so he doesn't even strike any longer. He just positions the rat to go down the hatch the easiest. Wondering if this is common behavior. When she first got him, he'd strike hard. He's over 2 years old now.
View Quote
Yep it's normal.  How often do you feed?  At his age he doesn't need to eat as often since he'll just be maintaining weight and not growing.  My males all get a rat every three weeks, females get one every two weeks, unless in shed and then they get to wait.
Link Posted: 9/7/2018 8:27:32 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Yep it's normal.  How often do you feed?  At his age he doesn't need to eat as often since he'll just be maintaining weight and not growing.  My males all get a rat every three weeks, females get one every two weeks, unless in shed and then they get to wait.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
She's been feeding them once a week. The female is one year old, so she's still growing. I think the male is ~4 1/2 feet long now, so she probably can slow down on feeding him. He refuses them pretty often, so she wastes some.

Just found this vicious danger noodle on the front walkway. This is a public warning to all the snails and slugs in my yard.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/7/2018 11:56:36 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
She's been feeding them once a week. The female is one year old, so she's still growing. I think the male is ~4 1/2 feet long now, so she probably can slow down on feeding him. He refuses them pretty often, so she wastes some.
View Quote
Thaw one.  Offer to male.  If he refuses, feed it to the female.  If he eats, thaw a second one for the female.

Or just get a boa - they eat everything.
Link Posted: 9/8/2018 10:41:35 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Thaw one.  Offer to male.  If he refuses, feed it to the female.  If he eats, thaw a second one for the female.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I think they are eating different sizes, but that's a great idea. They do eat on different days.
Link Posted: 9/29/2018 11:31:45 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

I've had both Northerns and Basins.  This was the pairing I was most excited about.  It never produced and eventually the black Northern was sold to a guy in another country for $8000.  I've never seen another Northern with this color.

http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e239/mclark202/Snakes/PB080003.jpg

http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e239/mclark202/Snakes/snakes029-1.jpg

And just because I found this older pic.  One of the Basins.

http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e239/mclark202/Snakes/female_2.jpg
View Quote
I love corallus species they're some of the most naturally beautiful snakes.
Link Posted: 10/2/2018 9:26:23 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I told my daughter about this idea, and it worked well for her last week. Both just completed a shed. Timothy wouldn't eat, but Nalia was happy to eat a cheese boi.

Silly video a friend at work showed me.

Nope Ropes, Sneks, & Danger Noodles
Link Posted: 10/6/2018 8:20:37 PM EDT
[#49]
Some pics taken outside while enclosures were being cleaned.

Fiernen, a Platinum Genetic Stripe Reticulated Python checking out the porch.

Attachment Attached File

Amum-Ra, a Kahl Albino Boa getting some exercise in the grass.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/11/2018 11:47:47 PM EDT
[#50]
I made my daughter "mow" the lawn to pick up the leaves before the deluge of rain we got this weekend. She was almost in tears. Found this little one after running over it with the lawn mower. Fortunately it was A-OK. It was pretty shutdown due to the 40 degree weather outside. Didn't do much more than flick its tongue. Usually they are squirmy as heck. She put it somewhere safe. Apparently we have a ton of Dekay's snakes in our yard, or she keeps finding the same one. That's my wife's hand and daughter's ring.

Attachment Attached File

Daughter was scolding Timmy for burrowing. He seemed pretty happy.

Attachment Attached File

Apparently I had not seen the snake's poop since they've gotten to adult size. pretty amazed at the size when compared to Nalia's head. Two urates and one giant poop.
Click To View Spoiler
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Page General » Pets
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top