Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page General » Pets
Site Notices
Posted: 9/29/2016 6:38:10 AM EDT
He's been gone a long time now. We never knew what the dad was, but I saw the mom. We'll see what you all think he was..
At 4 months, about 15 pounds:

Chewing on his buddy Orville, a 28 pound cat.

At about 2 years old, a hard as a rock 75 pounds:

And at 14, a week before the end:
Link Posted: 9/29/2016 6:57:40 AM EDT
[#1]
Lab/Golden Retriever?
Link Posted: 9/29/2016 3:41:29 PM EDT
[#2]
I had a male that looked almost identical but his tail had been bobbed as a pup before I got him, he was 80lbs of muscle as an adult... wife did the DNA on him several years back and he was GSD, Doberman and some small portion Norfolk Terrier.

Prior to getting the DNA results, I would guessed (ridgeless) Ridgeback and GSD.
Either way, I miss that glorious bastard daily.  He passed from cancer a few months back.
Link Posted: 9/29/2016 4:01:24 PM EDT
[#3]
I'd guess a lab and some sort of hound.

But, I've seen the results of DNA testing on enough dogs to know that even when a mutt looks so much like something that it seems a dead wringer....they can be something else entirely.

When people ask what my dogs are mixes of, I just tell them "Cuddlemutt" or "Humane Society Special".
Link Posted: 9/30/2016 7:27:49 AM EDT
[#4]
Mom was a Pit Bull, mostly white with brown spots.
Link Posted: 9/30/2016 7:30:26 AM EDT
[#5]
We used to tell people that he was a Golden Retriever and Basset Hound. We never told anyone he was half Pit until about 10 days before the end. We told everyone (He had a lot of fans) that they had been hugging and smootching a dog that in some places in the US could be called a "Pit Mix". It changed some people's minds about them.
Link Posted: 9/30/2016 7:31:48 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'd guess a lab and some sort of hound.

But, I've seen the results of DNA testing on enough dogs to know that even when a mutt looks so much like something that it seems a dead wringer....they can be something else entirely.

When people ask what my dogs are mixes of, I just tell them "Cuddlemutt" or "Humane Society Special".
View Quote

My present vet has a dog that looks almost like a twin to him, except his ears are slightly longer and thinner. He's supposedly half Boxer and a some unknown other breed.
Link Posted: 9/30/2016 7:40:49 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Lab/Golden Retriever?
View Quote

He was shorter than a Lab or Golden and his head was very large and he had "finger ampiutating teeth". Amazing bite strength. More than a Rottweiler, and about the level of one of the Eastern European herding dogs.
My old vet would always say, with a German accent, "Look at that magnificent head!". I could put my hand into his mouth all the way, and move it back and forth. There was a lot of room in that mouth, with some very large teeth.
I felt sorry for the dogs that attacked him over the years, one bite was almost always enough to make them decide they had messed with the wrong guy.
Link Posted: 10/2/2016 9:21:30 AM EDT
[#8]
Golden Pit mix
Page General » Pets
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top