Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page General » Pets
Posted: 9/18/2016 9:54:39 AM EDT
I'm looking to get a new DS within the next few months and am looking for breeder recommendations, preferably ones in SC, GA, or NC.  I was able to find my first DS at the local pound but I doubt I'll get that lucky again.  I saw there are several DS owners here in the Shepherd pic thread so I thought I'd ask.
Link Posted: 9/20/2016 4:17:27 PM EDT
[#1]
what are you looking for in a Dutch Shepherd?  Also, what exactly to you mean by a Dutch Shepherd?  People use that term differently.  In some of the dog sports there is a lot of mixing of the shepherd types, and breeders will call any brindle a Dutch and any fawn/black mask a Mal
Link Posted: 9/22/2016 3:40:53 PM EDT
[#2]
By Dutch Shepherd I mean a Dutch Shepherd, not a DS/Mali cross or any other mix.  I know DSs and Malinois are very similar but in my experience there is a difference.  I do prefer the typical brindle look though.  I'm looking for one with a good blood line, a strong working drive is fine but I don't want one overly possessive and aggressive.  I basically want one to do some agility and Frisbee training with that will also be protective of the yard without being a raging nut if that makes sense.
Page General » Pets
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top