Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page General » Pets
Posted: 7/18/2016 5:59:01 AM EDT
Anyone know of an extra large multi day pack? I have a large/xl ruff wear Paradiso, but it seems a bit small.

Pic:

Also, first time posting in this forum I think
Link Posted: 7/18/2016 9:06:14 AM EDT
[#1]
Sorry I have no help with packs but when I read it I thought extra large dog packs..which I had a Newfoundland, Great Dane, Rottweiler, Husky and German Shepard all at the same time which resulted in an extra large dog pack!
Link Posted: 7/18/2016 1:21:31 PM EDT
[#2]
I have one for my Pitt. He never uses it but if fits him well.

Outward Hound is the brand

Link Posted: 7/18/2016 3:02:06 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 7/18/2016 9:17:39 PM EDT
[#4]
Dogs weren't as much bred to be load bearing animals. Some were bred to pull loads, such as sledding and carting, but not really carrying packs on their back like pack mules. I don't know of too many companies who make oversized packs for dogs, but you could certainly let your dog try his paw at weight pull, carting, and skijoring, as well as getting out and enjoying your hikes.
Link Posted: 7/18/2016 9:58:56 PM EDT
[#5]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Dogs weren't as much bred to be load bearing animals. Some were bred to pull loads, such as sledding and carting, but not really carrying packs on their back like pack mules. I don't know of too many companies who make oversized packs for dogs, but you could certainly let your dog try his paw at weight pull, carting, and skijoring, as well as getting out and enjoying your hikes.
View Quote

Oh yeah, I'm not trying to make him carry a bunch, but he can barely carry all the water he requires

I think even if I try and over stuff it, it won't hit the over 25% bodyweight "rule".

Got any link to carts? The idea of walking to the grocery store and having him haul the bags back amuses me.
Link Posted: 7/18/2016 11:41:52 PM EDT
[#6]

extra large dog pack...that's a lot of mouths to feed and poop to scoop
Link Posted: 7/19/2016 9:01:51 AM EDT
[#7]
Check out the Mountainsmith K9 Dog Pack on Amazon. I've had the older version for 4 years or so now. It's a very durable pack with plenty of adjustment. I've got a Rott thats about 120lbs or so. He carries his own food, water, dishes and woobie, and isn't overloaded at all.
Page General » Pets
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top