Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page General » Pets
Site Notices
Posted: 5/7/2016 6:27:37 PM EDT
When is a good age to start running a GSD? Also, dog booties . No, I ain't gay lol. I live in the desert , and the damn goathead  thorns can be friken miserable.  My wife goes through about 3 sets of stroller tires a month on our BOB stroller. I  know their paws are pretty tough, but I would like to get him some more protection. I've seen the SAR type dog boots. Is this a viable option,  or am I over thinking this? Thanks!
Link Posted: 5/22/2016 12:07:52 AM EDT
[#1]
Here in AZ I start putting boots on my dog when we go out away from the house once the temp gets above 100.

We'll go fishing at the lakes or river, but once I can drag him out of the water to go home they get put on.
If the air temp is 100, you can bet ground temp is at least 30 degrees higher.
That and the usual thorns and sharp rock do tear up his pads.

Took a few times for him to learn to walk in them, but now he's to the point he will help me put them on.
I think they're well worth it, even if your just walking him on hot pavement.
Heck in mid summer here the tar will actually get soft.
Page General » Pets
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top