Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page General » Pets
Posted: 2/3/2016 12:14:49 PM EDT
Your dags ever go a few days without pooping?

My GSD went as far as not eating for a day, got very worried because he threw up a little and I saw some short strands from a rope toy that I have since thrown in the closet. I am leaving to visit family for a few days and I am leaving him with a dog sitter, was almost about to cancel the trip over this and then yesterday he finally pushed out a beautiful solid turd. I poked it with a stick and it was pretty dense with a bunch of his hair in it. He didn't poop the rest of the day(usually goes 2-3 times a day) but this morning he pinched another beautiful loaf all on his own when we were playing fetch.

His appetite still isn't quite what it was last week but he is eating about 3.5-4 cups of food a day.

Why do these guys worry us like this? I never thought I'd be so happy to see his shit

ETA: Guess I don't have to worry about getting his anal glands expressed
Link Posted: 2/3/2016 12:53:08 PM EDT
[#1]
Shit poker...

Glad he's ok
Link Posted: 2/6/2016 7:34:27 AM EDT
[#2]
I'm not sure our boys have ever NOT pooped, but it's tough to tell when there's two GSD's in the same yard.
We give them lots of rope toys and those stuffed animals and I find pieces of them in their crap all the time.  Strangely they don't eat the fluffy polyester filling, just the fabric parts, and they eat rope a lot.  They're 7mo. old but they've never failed to eat...yet.  It doesn't take much to cause intestinal blockage in dogs.  If he's pooping now, just keep a real close eye on him for a while and try to limit what you see him swallowing.

As far as pooping, I've never owned a dog(s) that craps as much as these guys!  OMG...

Page General » Pets
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top