Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page General » Pets
Site Notices
Posted: 1/31/2016 6:42:15 PM EDT
Looks like my poodle mix female escaped from my sister in laws house this weekend Saturday in San Antonio.  My nephew tried to chase her down but she disappeared pretty quickly.  I think she ran under the back yard fence to chase a squirrel or cat.  Put up flyers and the like and will check with animal control tomorrow.  The fence has some openings at the bottom that my sister in law covered up and hers dogs aren't prone to chasing cats but I think my dog somehow found a spot and got through, hell once she chewed through a door to get out of the laundry room so she may have found a small opening to get through in the fence.

She's been with us for over 8 years.  A great little dog, 10 pounds, smart, loving, protective and since I retired she's been my constant friend.  I'm missing her a lot.  I would have been in San Antonio but went on a hunting trip that came up last minute but maybe if I had been there she still would have ran out.  Not blaming anyone, could have happened to anyone of the family.

I'm hoping she finds her way back, she's been to the house before and recognizes where's she been.  We've had her get out or left out of house accidently and she'll be at the front door scratching away till we notice she's there so maybe she'll show up on her own.

My mother's Chihuahua ran away and was gone for 6 months till someone showed up at her door with the dog.  It was a bag of bones and pretty beat up but still alive, I don't want to wait 6 months but hope she's safe somewhere and not scared, hungry or thirsty.  

Well, just wanted to vent and hopefully relieve some of this stress.  Look forward to seeing her again, hope for the best but prepare for the worst.  Thanks for looking.

Link Posted: 1/31/2016 8:47:47 PM EDT
[#1]
Get something out on Texas Lost Dog Search & Recovery (on Facebook) ASAP. I  don't know if they are as good as our own local Granite State Dog Recovery, but GSDR is amazing, so I hope the Texas folks are as good. And call not only Animal Control but also local shelters daily. AC and the shelters should take your info and have it ready if someone brings your dog in.
Link Posted: 2/1/2016 1:08:49 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for that.  My daughter got the Facebook page going and Craigslist as well.  We'll make calls tomorrow to the shelters.

Made a bunch of calls to different places to report her lost.  Called the microchip people and they also took a report.  

Right now I'm kind of lost without my friend.  My normal routine was to give her a snack in the morning, sometimes make her a scrambled egg. All the things I was used to doing with her at my side now I find it strange that she is not there next to me.

I knew that someday she might be gone but I was hoping to be there at her side to let her know how much she was loved (did not look forward to that at all) but what really bothers me is not knowing in what shape she's in right now.

FOUND!!  

Actually she returned on her own.  My sister in law had left her blanket outside on the front porch and when she heard some scratching on the front door and opened it there she was  She doesn't seem injured and is drinking a lot of water and excited to be back with family.  I look forward to picking her up.  I didn't think losing this little fur ball was going to mess up my day like it did.
Link Posted: 2/2/2016 3:55:16 PM EDT
[#3]
Very cool.
Dogs know where they live.  Good ending.

Link Posted: 2/2/2016 4:59:04 PM EDT
[#4]

And now that the excitement is over...

Do you have the dog chipped?
Does the dog always wear a collar with tags with your name/phone number on it?

If not, git 'er done!

And, if you can throw the dough, a GPS dog tacking device is icing on the cake with a cherry on top.
Link Posted: 2/3/2016 2:48:02 PM EDT
[#5]
She had been chipped years ago so no problem there.  Always wears her collar with tags except for bath time.  Funny is how she waits for me to put on her collar after she drys off then runs off to play.
Page General » Pets
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top