Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page General » Pets
Posted: 10/2/2015 12:13:56 PM EDT
My female bulldog was about to puke on the couch yesterday morning as I was about to walk out the door to go to work. I pulled her down and she puked on the floor. I scrambled to clean it up as I was running late. My wife said shed make a vet appointment and take her when they opened. I was in such a hurry I didn't even pet her before I left. My wife called me later and said the vet was gonna give her surgery because she had a infection in her stomach that turned toxic. She then called me back and said Beebs had died before they could even operate.

I've had her since she was 7 weeks old. She was like our child (just like everybody says). I must say this hurts way worse than I thought it would. I can hardly stand her being gone. Sorry to sound like a softy weirdo I just miss my dog so bad.

She was only 8 years old

She was a sweet girl and made me laugh every day.
Link Posted: 10/2/2015 12:15:10 PM EDT
[#1]
Sorry man. We've lost a couple pets in the last year, it never gets easy.
Link Posted: 10/2/2015 12:16:51 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

Almost feels ridiculous to grieve over a dog but this is so hard to deal with.
Link Posted: 10/2/2015 12:19:22 PM EDT
[#3]
What a mug, on both you guys.
Sorry for your pup OP. It does hurt.
Link Posted: 10/2/2015 12:22:56 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 10/2/2015 12:23:40 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 10/2/2015 12:28:47 PM EDT
[#6]
This thread makes Sarge sad, sorry for your loss.

Link Posted: 10/2/2015 12:37:43 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

<a href="http://s197.photobucket.com/user/casexx6383/media/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG_20141006_165513_501.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa257/casexx6383/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG_20141006_165513_501.jpg</a>
View Quote

Give sarge a big squeeze and a peanut butter sandwich for me.
Link Posted: 10/2/2015 12:40:43 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

it's not hard to mourn over the best friend a man can ever have

Link Posted: 10/2/2015 12:44:54 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

<a href="http://s197.photobucket.com/user/casexx6383/media/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG_20141006_165513_501.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa257/casexx6383/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG_20141006_165513_501.jpg</a>

I'll do that tonight, I know where you are coming from. Almost lost him once, he swallowed a foot off a stuffed animal and got lodged. He threw it up when we were headed out the door to the vet.
Link Posted: 10/2/2015 12:53:05 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

I'll do that tonight, I know where you are coming from. Almost lost him once, he swallowed a foot off a stuffed animal and got lodged. He threw it up when we were headed out the door to the vet.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I've got a male that did something similar. We were having a cookout and I noticed the giant corn cob was missing off my plate. I went back and forth deciding if I needed to make him throw up it if he could digest it. I went online and found how to give em a little hydrogen peroxide to induce vomiting. I'm sure glad I did. He had not only swallowed the corn cob while he also ate the plastic thing in the bottom of a pack of steaks that soaks up blood. He woulda been a goner
Link Posted: 10/2/2015 12:55:55 PM EDT
[#11]
Here he is. He's 13 (almost) and probably not gonna be with us much longer. He can't walk anymore. He still loves to hang out with his pet cat and watch traffic go by.

Link Posted: 10/2/2015 12:56:51 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

I've got a male that did something similar. We were having a cookout and I noticed the giant corn cob was missing off my plate. I went back and forth deciding if I needed to make him throw up it if he could digest it. I went online and found how to give em a little hydrogen peroxide to induce vomiting. I'm sure glad I did. He had not only swallowed the corn cob while he also ate the plastic thing in the bottom of a pack of steaks that soaks up blood. He woulda been a goner
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I didn't see him do it. He wasn't eating for a day and I knew something was wrong. He was throwing up bile so we were gonna go and it just finally came up.
Link Posted: 10/2/2015 12:58:31 PM EDT
[#13]
This is how I will always remember them. Cuddling in the bed with us on Saturday mornings.they were probably about 2 and 5.

Link Posted: 10/2/2015 1:13:18 PM EDT
[#14]

Lost one of ours early this week.... I know the feels
Link Posted: 10/2/2015 1:24:03 PM EDT
[#15]
I cant get over hoe much his markings look like Sarge's

Link Posted: 10/2/2015 1:54:50 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I cant get over hoe much his markings look like Sarge's

<a href="http://s197.photobucket.com/user/casexx6383/media/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG_20150525_100934_0311.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa257/casexx6383/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG_20150525_100934_0311.jpg</a>
View Quote

Sarge is good looking boy. How old is he?
Link Posted: 10/2/2015 2:13:43 PM EDT
[#17]
Just turned 2. Still a lot of puppy in him. Do they ever calm down?
Sarge at 2 weeks old

Link Posted: 10/2/2015 2:35:49 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Just turned 2. Still a lot of puppy in him. Do they ever calm down?
Sarge at 2 weeks old

<a href="http://s197.photobucket.com/user/casexx6383/media/IMG_20130930_185317_5011.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa257/casexx6383/IMG_20130930_185317_5011.jpg</a>

View Quote

They calm down big time. Mine literally just followed us around and layed down  where ever we were doing something. Probably took my female til she was about 2 or 3 til she really started acting like a bulldog. They lay around, eat, sleep, watch cars, watch kids ride bikes, chew bones. Real laid back lazy dogs. Very affectionate too. I'm looking at puppies right now. Where did you get sarge?
Link Posted: 10/2/2015 2:40:19 PM EDT
[#19]
He came from a guy my wife used to work with. I'll see if she can get you some contact info.
Link Posted: 10/2/2015 2:43:39 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sorry for your loss....
Link Posted: 10/2/2015 4:05:21 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Dude, it's totally normal. I have pushed Charlie's death so far to the depths of my soul I may never deal with it. Charley was only two.
Link Posted: 10/2/2015 4:09:59 PM EDT
[#22]
I would think you were a sick weirdo if you had a dog and didn't grieve when it passed.  Sorry for your loss.  
Link Posted: 10/2/2015 4:14:11 PM EDT
[#23]
very sorry for your loss

I understand how you are feeling. I am still so sad over the loss of my three buddies. There is not a day that I do not think about them. They where very special to me.

Link Posted: 10/3/2015 11:35:07 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Dude, it's totally normal. I have pushed Charlie's death so far to the depths of my soul I may never deal with it. Charley was only two.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I grieve when  my dogs pass, I hold them in greater esteem then many people I know...  
Link Posted: 10/9/2015 12:52:57 PM EDT
[#25]
Oh, I'm so sorry!

I know how much you dote on your pups. What terrible news.
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 9:36:51 AM EDT
[#26]
My wife finally contacted the breeder Sarge came from, she doesn't have any at the moment but is considering it in the future. If she does I'll let you know
Link Posted: 11/3/2015 5:42:16 PM EDT
[#27]
Little update to the story. My mom took it upon herself to scour the internet for a female bulldog to adopt. She got me in contact with a lady in Delaware who could no longer keep a 2.5 year old red and white. We drove 5 hours up there Sunday and I instantly fell in love. We brought her home and we are really happy.

Her name is Roxy and she's a real sweetheart.

We still miss Beeba terribly but we are really excited to have this new one and our male is glad to have some company when we aren't home.
Link Posted: 11/10/2015 3:01:19 PM EDT
[#28]
Awesome ending to a sad post
Link Posted: 11/10/2015 6:45:38 PM EDT
[#29]
Still pretty tough but we are happy to have this new dog. We may still get a puppy after first of the year
Link Posted: 11/12/2015 8:33:44 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Still pretty tough but we are happy to have this new dog. We may still get a puppy after first of the year
View Quote

Good looking dog OP. If you get the pup you won't regret it. Having a pup seems to work good with an older dog in the house, at least it did for us. Our 2 YO Sheltie was house broken in 3 days and the newest pup is already house broken under 2 weeks. We haven't even crate trained him.
Link Posted: 11/12/2015 8:40:00 PM EDT
[#31]
Sorry for the loss of your friend. Congratulations on the new addition!
Link Posted: 12/5/2015 11:09:02 PM EDT
[#32]
Very sorry for your loss. It's devastating. I think she knows you loved her.

Look forward to the day when thinking of her brings a smile to your face, instead of tears to your eyes. It will come.
Link Posted: 12/6/2015 12:18:49 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Nothing wrong with grieving over a loss.  Pets are a big part of the family and are our companions.

Link Posted: 12/6/2015 12:40:30 AM EDT
[#34]
So sorry op

They are your children, your four legged children.

Fuck off anyone who says otherwise.

Link Posted: 12/6/2015 1:45:05 AM EDT
[#35]
Sorry for your loss.  They are better than most children.

Wolf
Link Posted: 12/14/2015 8:31:25 PM EDT
[#36]
I'm sorry for the loss of your dog , but I'm glad that you could take in the new one.
I bet the lady that had to give her up is relieved that she went to someone that will give her a great life.

Page General » Pets
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top