Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page General » Pets
Posted: 8/28/2015 6:10:23 PM EDT
Shadow was a little black cat filled with love.  He was about six months old when he
came into my life in 2000 as a stray, hanging around the front door.  I tried my
damnedest to find him a home. By the time someone offered to take him in, he had
wiggled his way into my heart and I couldn't imagine letting him go.

Fifteen years later there is a huge void in my life.

Shadow crossed the Rainbow Bridge at 12:00  this afternoon (Friday 08/28/2015).  

He was diagnosed with CRF last December.  He never showed signs of weakness or distress.
Just lost weight even though his appetite never faltered.
Then, this week, he turned a corner and lost ground quickly.  It broke my heart to see  him
in that condition.

He took his last car ride to the vet today.  

I can't believe how much it hurts.  I'm on the far side of fifty years old and sitting  here shedding
tears like a child. I hope and pray I did the right thing.

Goodbye buddy, I miss you terribly.  I'll always love you.
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 7:06:42 PM EDT
[#1]
sorry for your loss

Link Posted: 8/28/2015 7:35:53 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm sorry to hear about your buddy, he was lucky to have you. The outside of my heart must look like a golf ball, with little divots where the holes will never quite fill in. Even a year or 3 later I still get teary-eyed when I think about ones I've lost, but I'm glad they're still in my heart. I'd give up 10 years of my life to have them all back.
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 7:36:17 PM EDT
[#3]

Sorry to read of your little friend passing on.  You did the right thing to end his suffering and I imagine I will cry just as hard when my cat, who is the same age, passes on.
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 7:38:04 PM EDT
[#4]
Thank you all for the kind words.
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 7:39:52 PM EDT
[#5]
sorry for your loss

Link Posted: 8/28/2015 8:03:10 PM EDT
[#6]
Sorry for your loss. Remember all the good times your friend gave you.
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 8:42:09 PM EDT
[#7]
I keep looking for him as I walk through the house.  I hear a noise and think it's him.  My lap is empty.
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 1:35:03 AM EDT
[#8]
I'm sorry for your loss.  It never gets easy.
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 10:43:45 AM EDT
[#9]
Sorry for your loss.  Sounds like you had a great 15 years with your buddy.
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 10:46:03 AM EDT
[#10]
Sorry for you lost op
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 10:41:10 PM EDT
[#11]
I'm sorry OP.
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 7:54:07 AM EDT
[#12]
Thank you all.
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 1:00:48 AM EDT
[#13]
Sorry you lost your pal. I'm sure my 2 black cats, Magic and Shadow! can show them the ropes.
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 2:50:22 PM EDT
[#14]
Sorry for your loss.  For their small size, they sure take up a big space in our hearts...and leave a big hole when they go.
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 5:21:04 PM EDT
[#15]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Sorry for your loss.  For their small size, they sure take up a big space in our hearts...and leave a big hole when they go.
View Quote

This.

Angels who leave this world are never far from our hearts.
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 8:10:00 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I keep looking for him as I walk through the house.  I hear a noise and think it's him.  My lap is empty.
View Quote

Dude, I hear you... When I lost my little Sheltie, I would eat supper and still leave little torn off pieces on the edge of my plate, but for who, she was gone...

And coming home, oh, how I hated to come home to a still, quiet house...
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 8:54:46 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Dude, I hear you... When I lost my little Sheltie, I would eat supper and still leave little torn off pieces on the edge of my plate, but for who, she was gone...

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Yeah, getting up in the morning sucks, I still look for him to be underfoot, looking for his breakfast.  He was deaf for the last two years, but you could COUNT on him to show up if you rattled a plate on the counter or opened the refrigerator, so I still find my self looking down so as not to step on him.
He was black, and at dusk anything black on the floor looks like him, I keep seeing him out of hte corner of my eye.

Oh well, I guess it passes in time.

Thanks to all for the kind replies.

Link Posted: 9/1/2015 9:08:47 AM EDT
[#18]
Page General » Pets
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top