Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page General » Pets
Site Notices
Posted: 8/24/2015 6:33:27 PM EDT
I just adopted a second stray.  No name selected yet.

I've got the ivurmectin front locked down.  Got enough pre-mixed monthly heartworm treatment to last both dogs until the supply goes bad in around 3 or 4 years.  

Now I need the best deal I can get on flea/tick meds.  Any thoughts?

What's the best place to buy Nexgard?
Link Posted: 8/26/2015 8:36:25 AM EDT
[#1]
My vet sends out specials on this type of thing several times a year.  The one they offered a while back was four doses of Bravecto with a $35 rebate.  It's on My Pet Rewards (MyPet.com).  A single dose lasts 3 months, so it covers me through the flea and tick season.
Link Posted: 8/26/2015 9:45:50 AM EDT
[#2]
Yeah, the bravecto is what the vet sold me for the new pup, Dina.   She weighs about 28 pounds.  For 56 bucks, no less.   I've seen it in the 35 dollar/apiece range online, with free shipping.

What I'd like to do is get a supply of that in the 44 to 88 pound dosage range.   Dug weighs 62 pounds, so he'd get a whole one, and Dina would get a half of one.

The funny thing is, most of the places I've seen the chews online, the price is the same regardless of dosage size.

So basically, at 35 bucks a chew, that would put Dug at 12 dollars a month in flea and tick control and Dina at 6 (half a chew).   Seems pretty reasonable to me.

The ivurmectin was a one-time cost of about 50 bucks.   And I've got enough to treat probably 6 or more dogs until it expires.
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 10:02:55 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Yeah, the bravecto is what the vet sold me for the new pup, Dina.   She weighs about 28 pounds.  For 56 bucks, no less.   I've seen it in the 35 dollar/apiece range online, with free shipping.

What I'd like to do is get a supply of that in the 44 to 88 pound dosage range.   Dug weighs 62 pounds, so he'd get a whole one, and Dina would get a half of one.

The funny thing is, most of the places I've seen the chews online, the price is the same regardless of dosage size.

So basically, at 35 bucks a chew, that would put Dug at 12 dollars a month in flea and tick control and Dina at 6 (half a chew).   Seems pretty reasonable to me.

The ivurmectin was a one-time cost of about 50 bucks.   And I've got enough to treat probably 6 or more dogs until it expires.
View Quote

The price is consistent no matter what the weight of the dog. No idea why that is.  But my vet was getting $65 a dose, and the rebate helps out considerably.
Having used this for a year, I don't know that I'll go back to straight Comfortis.  Comfortis works but doesn't do a thing for ticks and we had a problem year for them last year.  Those itty bitty ones are virtually unrecognizable on their host.
Page General » Pets
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top