Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page General » Pets
Site Notices
Posted: 7/31/2015 11:35:11 PM EDT
http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_5/1772515_Semper_Fi_Dog_Rescue_Thread__Texas_GSD_is_safe__KY_GSD_has_a_penis_and_an_Arfcom_home_.html&page=4#i54868948

If you don't know, joker1 is rescuing dogs using common sense thinking which seems to be missing from many organized rescues.  Right now he is working on one that was in holocaust starvation condition.  As you can see, his organization finally has a paypal account so we can help with funds.  Also, as you can see, he is concerned about ARFCOM's rules, which can be found here.

Here are the ARFCOM rules on fundraisers

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_5/1740742_Fund_raiser_rules_and_guidelines_.html

The only thing I see that would be a conflict is that it would be good to have this as a long-running fundraise separate from the 2 fundraiser limit.

Please join me in contacting striker and requesting an joker1 Exception for Semper Fi Dog Rescue.  Please post your support, and email asking for an exception.

[email protected]

Link Posted: 7/31/2015 11:49:52 PM EDT
[#1]
I fully support this for joker. He's doing angels work.
Link Posted: 8/4/2015 5:36:28 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm in, Joker1 is doing good work here.
Link Posted: 8/4/2015 5:45:27 PM EDT
[#3]
Dude can't even get his name right?
Link Posted: 8/5/2015 10:14:25 AM EDT
[#4]
Another supporter of Joker1 and his efforts, having a stickied fundraiser for this individual would be an awesome thing to see.
Link Posted: 8/6/2015 8:27:38 PM EDT
[#5]
Well, it worked! And not even because a bunch of people bugged em, just they were able to recognize a good cause.

I don't know if it will be stickied, but it will be officially exempt from the 2 fundraisers at a time limit.  joker1 will be free to put his paypal info in his sig if he so chooses, or post it, or not, but whatever is decided it's all COC clear.
Link Posted: 8/7/2015 1:17:58 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Well, it worked! And not even because a bunch of people bugged em, just they were able to recognize a good cause.

I don't know if it will be stickied, but it will be officially exempt from the 2 fundraisers at a time limit.  joker1 will be free to put his paypal info in his sig if he so chooses, or post it, or not, but whatever is decided it's all COC clear.
View Quote

Link Posted: 8/9/2015 9:51:13 PM EDT
[#7]
Hey guys! I just found this thread. Thank you for the support. I got an email from Striker that the Avila's have granted Semper Fi Dog Rescue an exception to the fund raising rules.  Many, many thanks. I always felt like I was under the radarl but I guess not.

A member here already contributed to cover all of Ditch's vet expenses. A couple others have provided enough to complete 2 new indoor kennel runs to allow me to house more dogs and just as importantly keep the new guys a little isolated from mine for the first few days. I weld and build my own panels so I work cheap! Next I'm hoping to enclose an area outdoors to contain the beasts safely. I've been lucky to not have lost a dog (no fence). Future projects include running water in the kennel area, medicine stock for all the new dogs, specialty food for the skinny ones and finally an emergency vet fund that will be mostly used for spay/neuter and vaccines. This expense will be reimbursed by the new owner so the fund will be used and refilled over and over again for multiple dogs.

I've been laying low lately to A) get over the loss of Ditch. B) taking a 3 week sabbatical from moving dogs until I'm sure the distemper risk is gone!
Link Posted: 8/10/2015 1:00:04 AM EDT
[#8]
You can tell a lot about a person by how they treat animals.
joker1, you are most definitely one of the good people.
Page General » Pets
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top