Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page General » Pets
Posted: 7/20/2015 8:27:52 PM EDT
These two look the same except for the flea medication sentinel kills the eggs but won't touch the adult fleas vs Trifexis kills the adult fleas but won't kill the eggs

Sentinel is a little cheaper

Anyone use this or something different? Is there a generic?

Dog is a 11 week old gsd pup

Thanks!
Link Posted: 7/21/2015 4:40:01 PM EDT
[#1]
I use the Trifexis on our 3 mongrels.
We've been satisfied.
My vet is a range buddy and is by far the best vet I've had and the only dude i trust with our mutts.
Check with your vet but I think 11 weeks may be a little young for it.
No idea about generics.
Good luck
Link Posted: 7/21/2015 8:41:29 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
These two look the same except for the flea medication sentinel kills the eggs but won't touch the adult fleas vs Trifexis kills the adult fleas but won't kill the eggs

Sentinel is a little cheaper

Anyone use this or something different? Is there a generic?

Dog is a 11 week old gsd pup

Thanks!
View Quote

You can go to the FDA website and read a LOT more than you really want to know about either (including info about adverse reactions and how many dogs the products were tested on).

Link Posted: 7/21/2015 11:15:48 PM EDT
[#3]
I like K9 Advantix. It's one of the few products in this category that includes Permethrin, which is the only thing that will actually repel fleas and ticks as opposed to just killing them after the fact.
Link Posted: 7/23/2015 2:10:55 PM EDT
[#4]
We like Trifexis..  We haven't had any problems with fleas since we started using it.  

Topical treatments stopped working on our dogs.  We used Advantix in the past.. It worked great until it didn't work at all.   Our vet said fleas could become resistant to certain medications.   Just something to keep in mind.. Once we switched everything was fine again.
Page General » Pets
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top