Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page General » Pets
Posted: 7/20/2015 5:54:01 PM EDT
What do you guys/gals think of a bucket list for your "other" family member?  My Wife and I saw a Subaru commercial last night that focused on a "bucket list" for the owner's dog and how he used the Subaru to drive the dog to all the different locations to check off items.  We have an 11 year old Yellow Lab that is getting much slower these days.  Don't think his time is come just yet but to be completely honest, we're not sure if he will make it to his next birthday in April.  

So anyway, the commercial kind of tugged at the heart strings a little and it actually seemed like a good idea.  Anyone have thoughts on this?  Anyone actually done this?

Link Posted: 7/20/2015 6:09:52 PM EDT
[#1]
I think it is  very dumb.

Link Posted: 7/20/2015 6:18:56 PM EDT
[#2]
Dumb commercial, dumb idea...
Link Posted: 7/20/2015 6:20:13 PM EDT
[#3]

I did not have a list when my dogs passed away.

I was in denial I guess but I did however do stuff for them / with them that they liked to do to sweeten the time I had with them.

I also feed them real nice food.

Personally I think it is not a dumb idea to do something for them when the time comes to say goodbye.
Link Posted: 7/21/2015 10:18:05 AM EDT
[#4]
Live your bucket list every day with your dog. Don't wait until the end.
Link Posted: 7/21/2015 10:44:26 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Live your bucket list every day with your dog. Don't wait until the end.
View Quote

I think this is the correct answer.  Your dog wants to spend time with you more than anything else.  If you are doing interesting things and have included him/her then you are making your pet and yourself happy.
Link Posted: 7/21/2015 10:51:51 AM EDT
[#6]
Dogs like your company and a steak.

Pay attention to your dog and feed him well.

My dog doesn't have a lot of time left.  He gets a walk every day (sometimes twice) and all the attention we can give him.

He's happy with that.
Link Posted: 7/25/2015 7:52:26 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Dogs like your company and a steak.

Pay attention to your dog and feed him well.

My dog doesn't have a lot of time left.  He gets a walk every day (sometimes twice) and all the attention we can give him.
He's happy with that.
View Quote

My dogs have (I hope) a little while left (9 and 12 year old collies), but I try and pay a lot of attention to them and feed them well, walk them, and play with them with their toys. When I walk my little old gal collie, she likes to stop and sniff stuff, lots of stuff, sniffing really, really well. I try to exercise patience with her and just let her have at it.
Page General » Pets
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top