Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page General » Pets
Site Notices
Posted: 7/5/2015 3:02:46 PM EDT
I will be getting a dog, more than likely itll be a Pyrenees, got my eyes set on one from a rescue.

Im "hoping" to relocate further up north, suppose to close on the house in first week of august, but have to go up this weekend coming up. It is along the way, sorta kinda. The big question is, do I get the dog now and bring it back and then in a month go back up to that region or wait til I get settled in new house (which will make it a lil more difficult to go get dogs as Ill have alot to do at the time, but not too much that the dog wouldnt be a priority).
Link Posted: 7/5/2015 3:08:03 PM EDT
[#1]
If it were me I'd get the dog after you move. Less hassles for you and the dog will get used to the new house better than one and then another right after. It may distress it?
Link Posted: 7/5/2015 4:34:51 PM EDT
[#2]
dogs are a pain in the as when you are busy with something.   Wait.
Link Posted: 7/5/2015 4:40:03 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
dogs are a pain in the as when you are busy with something.   Wait.
View Quote

This, assuming they hold the dog for you.
Link Posted: 7/5/2015 5:00:42 PM EDT
[#4]
AFTER....you'll thank us later
Link Posted: 7/5/2015 5:53:20 PM EDT
[#5]
Breeder or rescue?  This particular dog or will any Pyr do?

Commit to the dog now IF you can arrange for the breeder/rescue to hold him till you're moved.  If it's a shelter, take him now to get him out of jail.
Link Posted: 7/5/2015 5:57:05 PM EDT
[#6]
Its a rescue in Richmond, Va. about an hour or two from where im getting property. They have one particular dog that seems would fit very nicely. I may try and swing by them on the way up to check out the property. Ill just have to take a different route, depending how i go (fly/drive)
Page General » Pets
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top