Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page General » Pets
Site Notices
Posted: 5/30/2015 4:40:51 PM EDT
have been reptile less for almost a year and it is messing me up.

i am setting up a habitat right now for a tegu hatchling and will soon be starting the journey thru life with a tegu.

are there any people here with reptiles who would like to share a picture?
Link Posted: 5/30/2015 4:46:51 PM EDT
[#1]
While not pets in the strictest sense..here are some reptiles I've encountered:

This is a tokay gecko. They are found wild in the Philippines, sold as pets here in the states.

DSC_8996 by Zack, on Flickr

DSC_8998 by Zack, on Flickr

These are anoles. Found wild damn near everywhere, also sold as pets in the US.

DSC_0937 by Zack, on Flickr

DSC_1067 by Zack, on Flickr

DSC_1552 by Zack, on Flickr

DSC_1568 by Zack, on Flickr

DSC_1608 by Zack, on Flickr

Link Posted: 5/30/2015 6:52:24 PM EDT
[#2]
Brazilian Rainbow Boa baby, one of our 2014 holdbacks:

This is Enyo, a female 2014 Savu python, the fourth smallest species known in the world.  They are from the 60 sq mi island of Sawu near Indonesia, males top out at four feet, females at five feet.  At a year of age she is eating a mouse fuzzy weekly.

On the other end of the size spectrum is Ghidora, a nine foot 2013 male purple albino reticulated python.  He is eating a 1 pound rabbit weekly.
Link Posted: 5/31/2015 4:33:29 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Brazilian Rainbow Boa baby, one of our 2014 holdbacks:
http://i477.photobucket.com/albums/rr136/efillc/Pangean%20Predators/BRB%20babies%20of%20Shogun%20and%20Katana/IMG_8098edit1_zps1d1e6087.jpg

This is Enyo, a female 2014 Savu python, the fourth smallest species known in the world.  They are from the 60 sq mi island of Sawu near Indonesia, males top out at four feet, females at five feet.  At a year of age she is eating a mouse fuzzy weekly.
http://i477.photobucket.com/albums/rr136/efillc/Snakes/Savu/savu_f1_zps01e7da51.jpg

On the other end of the size spectrum is Ghidora, a nine foot 2013 male purple albino reticulated python.  He is eating a 1 pound rabbit weekly.
http://i477.photobucket.com/albums/rr136/efillc/Snakes/Retics/Ghidorah/5W2A2463%20edit%201_zpsmvuqlrxb.jpg
View Quote

those are absolutely gorgeous.
Link Posted: 5/31/2015 10:13:18 PM EDT
[#4]
" />

Dozer says hi
Link Posted: 6/3/2015 1:47:57 AM EDT
[#5]

My 3 little turds. 2 balls and a marbled borneo short tail.

Next on my list is a retic once I get out of college and get some space for a big snake.
Link Posted: 6/3/2015 1:54:52 AM EDT
[#6]
I have a leopard gecko who I named Smaug

Day one that I had him.  I adopted him from the pet store I had been working at, at the time (because he had dropped his tail)

Week one, when he was just starting to get all ashy in prep for shedding

1 month after getting him

9 months after getting him

Someday when I can get a two bedroom place, I'm intending to get a tegu as well
Link Posted: 6/3/2015 11:19:47 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Next on my list is a retic once I get out of college and get some space for a big snake.
View Quote

Super dwarf males don't get too big.  I have one that's only six feet at two years.  He's a real jerk though, my mainlands are much more chill.
Link Posted: 6/3/2015 4:19:49 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I have a leopard gecko who I named Smaug

Day one that I had him.  I adopted him from the pet store I had been working at, at the time (because he had dropped his tail)

http://i.imgur.com/khJbGg1.jpg

Week one, when he was just starting to get all ashy in prep for shedding

http://i.imgur.com/kBrAgUL.jpg

1 month after getting him

http://i.imgur.com/SwbtThd.jpg

9 months after getting him

http://i.imgur.com/f2sN61K.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/MClGgPv.jpg

Someday when I can get a two bedroom place, I'm intending to get a tegu as well
View Quote

that s great, i am glad to see that there are smaller lizards out there that dont all act like cats.
Link Posted: 10/20/2015 8:01:03 PM EDT
[#9]
In July of this year the laws that restricted the private ownership of venomous snakes in Indiana was over turned.

Albino Western Diamondback

Black Tail Rattlesnake

Sidewinder Rattlesnake

Banded Rock Rattlesnake

Juvenile Gaboon Viper

African Bush Viper
Link Posted: 10/20/2015 11:24:26 PM EDT
[#10]
Any way I can get sheds off of the sidewinder and gaboon?  I'll pay shipping.
Link Posted: 10/21/2015 7:58:58 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote

Sure I will let you know when they shed. They aren't very big though.
Link Posted: 10/21/2015 2:08:52 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

S'okay, I can scale the pattern up or down as needed.  I'm looking for templates for pattern anodizing.
Link Posted: 10/21/2015 8:56:15 PM EDT
[#13]
One of my favorite specks

mitchelli by CasaBlanca Photography, on Flickr
Link Posted: 11/14/2015 12:26:02 AM EDT
[#14]
New pick up a few weeks ago - 2011 female Savu python.  This girl will advance my breeding project by two years.
http://i477.photobucket.com/albums/rr136/efillc/Snakes/Savu/5W2A4847%20edit%201_zpsf6anbo6t.jpg

Savu pythons are from the 60 square mile island of Sawu in Indonesia.  They are not common in the pet trade and the wild population is under enough pressure from development, feral cats, and feral hogs that exporting them is no longer permitted.
Link Posted: 11/14/2015 1:04:38 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 12/10/2015 9:51:27 PM EDT
[#16]
Just took these today, after a fresh shed.

Link Posted: 12/11/2015 10:54:15 PM EDT
[#17]
I have a family of Anoles living in my Deer stand.   Its neat to watch them.   I’ve put out some meal worms for them the other day

Wolf
Link Posted: 12/12/2015 1:00:44 AM EDT
[#18]
Picture of my Corn snake when she was a baby.

She lived about 5 years and I found her dead one day.  ???????????????

09040001" />
Link Posted: 12/12/2015 1:04:45 AM EDT
[#19]
My red Tail Boa just keeps going and going.

Born in 1985, and she's still going. Just a bit slower than in years past. But she still has her lighting strike. Even on the dead rats she gets bi-weekly.

I have no pictures uploaded to my Flicker account of her. Will have to work on that.

Link Posted: 12/12/2015 8:54:13 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Born in 1985, and she's still going. Just a bit slower than in years past. But she still has her lighting strike. Even on the dead rats she gets bi-weekly.

I have no pictures uploaded to my Flicker account of her. Will have to work on that.
View Quote

Yes, you will.  And if you're not on redtailboas.com yet then you should be and you should post pics there.  Thirty years is a hell of a run for a boa!
Link Posted: 12/25/2015 12:29:48 AM EDT
[#21]
Merry Christmas to me from my wonderful hubby!

This is Maia, an early 2015 female hypo jaguar jungle 50% pos het anery boa constrictor imperator:

Link Posted: 1/1/2016 12:22:43 AM EDT
[#22]
Freckles is a 2008 Arabesque BCI that was given to me last summer because she's "cage aggressive".  She's actually not, her food response is just off the charts, which is why she's always ready to strike.  I don't touch her unless I hook her first.

I almost renamed her Diva due to her "eyelashes".

My husband played with the camera settings on these.

Same pose, same camera, still begging for a rat or a nice young bunny...

Link Posted: 1/6/2016 12:59:00 PM EDT
[#23]
More of Maia.  The camera settings make her appear a bit more red/orange than she really is.

For a boa, Maia is a rather chunky.  Most snakes in captivity are overfed, and they can get obese, which will considerably shorten their lifespan.  So, she's on a diet and a light exercise program - and she's not real happy about that.

Link Posted: 2/20/2016 11:47:19 PM EDT
[#24]
Update: after two months on a diet of one 10-12 gram rabbit ReptiLink every two weeks, which are only 10% fat as opposed to 20-25% fat for mouse hoppers or rat fuzzies, plus 15-20 minutes of light exercise every day, Maia is looking less like a stuffed sausage and more like a juvenile boa constrictor.  She was 150 grams at her last weigh-in.

Link Posted: 2/21/2016 9:56:01 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View Quote

We caught a five foot red tail in the middle of the street when I was younger. Well my cousin caught him because I don't fuck with snakes.
Link Posted: 3/30/2016 10:39:57 PM EDT
[#26]
Male Veiled Chameleon

Female Veiled Chameleon
Link Posted: 4/4/2016 11:14:54 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View Quote

Finally got some pictures taken tonight. Being she's 31yrs old in May, her tail isn't as bright Red as when she was a youngster.

Link Posted: 4/5/2016 9:28:11 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Finally got some pictures taken tonight. Being she's 31yrs old in May, her tail isn't as bright Red as when she was a youngster.
View Quote

She looks great for an old lady!
Link Posted: 4/5/2016 11:59:31 AM EDT
[#29]
Shutter lag being what it is on digital cameras, I tried to get a picture of her tongue sniffing the camera lens.

When she came up to the lens, I quickly set the camera to macro mode, and took a shot when ever I saw her tongue come out.
Never got a single shot with it out. Would of been cool to get one.

She's saying, "get this dumb thing out of my face, and give me a rat. I'm hungry"........
Link Posted: 4/9/2016 11:44:52 PM EDT
[#30]
Maia this evening, after a few months of being on a low fat rabbit diet along with light regular exercise, is looking like a juvenile boa constrictor should look.
Link Posted: 4/11/2016 7:39:35 PM EDT
[#31]
this little fella is growing like a weed and just keeps getting better with every shed

Link Posted: 4/11/2016 9:28:32 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
this little fella is growing like a weed and just keeps getting better with every shed

http://i1139.photobucket.com/albums/n558/theshloufq/01D60BDF-EB90-4A3A-A645-C200ACBC4255_zps8vts8h3a.jpg
View Quote

Very cool! I'm hoping to get my first Ball Python or Western Hognose. I don't want too big of a snake right now, so it may be a Hognose, but the Balls are so cool looking.
Link Posted: 4/11/2016 11:49:43 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Very cool! I'm hoping to get my first Ball Python or Western Hognose. I don't want too big of a snake right now, so it may be a Hognose, but the Balls are so cool looking.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://i1139.photobucket.com/albums/n558/theshloufq/01D60BDF-EB90-4A3A-A645-C200ACBC4255_zps8vts8h3a.jpg

My corn is on the first page of this thread. There are plenty of morphs out there, I'm sure you could find one you like. Mine will be 2 this summer, and he's just under 3 ft.
Link Posted: 4/12/2016 8:19:42 AM EDT
[#34]

Good looking Corn! I had yellow and orange corn snakes when I was a kid, we called them rat snakes but I believe they are the same as corn. This was when I lived in Floriduh.
Link Posted: 4/12/2016 7:35:33 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Good looking Corn! I had yellow and orange corn snakes when I was a kid, we called them rat snakes but I believe they are the same as corn. This was when I lived in Floriduh.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Thanks. He's been extremely easy to take care of, great temperament and a steady eater. Excited to see him full grown.
Link Posted: 4/29/2016 10:50:23 PM EDT
[#36]
" />
Had Zuko out today and got a few pics. Most were blurry, but I thought this was a good one.
Link Posted: 5/15/2016 9:05:51 PM EDT
[#37]
" />
My little guy shed today.
Page General » Pets
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top