User Panel

Page General » Pets
Page / 4
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 8/6/2015 2:43:49 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Does everyone need a reminder that this is a tech forum, and GD type bickering is verboten?
View Quote

Sorry, I just feel strongly that the OP took a really bad path too hastily in his decision to kill his family dog, and was saying so. Those that support killing the family dog strongly disagree with me, tell me I am an asshole, have aspergers, am a sociapath and not a good person for holding that opinion. Okay, I can live with that. I'm STILL siding with the dog, please, all you "dog lovers" continue to hate on me, I can take it, heap it on, broad shoulders here...

Someday, OP's kid IS going to ask though...

Link Posted: 8/9/2015 10:13:39 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm a couple months late to the party, but sounds like OP was a hugely irresponsible pet owner. House too small for kid & a dog? Then you needed to either think more carefully about having a child, or rehome the dog. Your wife fucked up by not supervising the toddler and the dog more carefully. Sorry, but when kids are that small, you can't leave them unsupervised with a dog for a minute, let alone while you're doing something that requires concentration - cooking dinner. Agree with the other posters that the dog was warning the child, and nipped at it without actually biting it. Which means that the dog didn't just haul off and bite the kid, it tried to tell the kid to stop whatever it was doing.

A pet is not a human, it's true. But it is a life form, one that you have made the conscious decision to care for. It is self-aware, it is intelligent, it has feelings and emotions, and it depended on you for care. Your poor dog. Fourteen years thrown out the window because of human error. I call that a tragedy.

I'm so with Blaise Pascal in that "[t]he more I see of Mankind, the more I prefer my dog." The irony of this quote should not be lost on anyone.

Don't get any more pets. Seriously. If this wasn't lesson enough for you that you cannot responsibly care for a pet, then I don't know what to tell you.
Link Posted: 8/10/2015 12:58:29 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I'm a couple months late to the party, but sounds like OP was a hugely irresponsible pet owner. House too small for kid & a dog? Then you needed to either think more carefully about having a child, or rehome the dog. Your wife fucked up by not supervising the toddler and the dog more carefully. Sorry, but when kids are that small, you can't leave them unsupervised with a dog for a minute, let alone while you're doing something that requires concentration - cooking dinner. .
View Quote

Perhaps you missed the part about it not being the first small child the dog was around. The divide around here of people defending an animal putting it's mouth on a person in any sort of aggressive manner, call it "correcting" or "defending" all you want, versus "biting" is astounding. I'm sure if the dog was a pit bull the rally cries for decapitation would have been pretty one-sided.

And did I read correctly that you're attempting to chastise myself and my wife for having a second child? Or perhaps you didn't read, again, where there was already another child in the house that the dog was well used to.

The bit about leaving them unsupervised with the dog is funny to me as well. If I can't trust a dog to be in the same room with a toddler and turn my back while still in the same room with both other parties for 30 seconds, something is amiss. If you feel that you can watch a toddler every possible second they are awake and mobile, I'm curious how you get through the rest of your day and accomplish things any normal person must do.

Regardless of the sympathizers personal definitions, the dog bit my child. There was significant bruising for days after the incident. At 14 years old, there is no corrective action that can be taken against the dog that will be a learned trait. You can't teach an old dog new tricks. I couldn't in good faith send the dog to another home where children may be present, where the chances of a repeat incident are possible; I'm not going to pawn off my problems onto someone else.
Link Posted: 8/18/2015 5:49:17 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
You didn't answer my question. What are you going to do when your child bites another child? It will happen, it always does, just part of childhood.
Will you standby and allow the father of the bit child to put yours down? Only seems fair and just based on your actions.

What were the circumstances biting? By the way when a dog bites it draws blood. When a dog guides it holds on with it's mouth. It only takes slight pressure to bruise an 18 month old child. The type of pressure that a dog would use to direct or hold another. Dogs also nip as a teaching technique. Your dog did not bite your child, you however did murder your dog.

So what will you do when your child bites?
View Quote

You people are fucked up. Seriously? You equate what OP did to putting down a human child for biting another kid.

I have a dog, I have had other dogs. My current dog loves to rough house. But he is also extremely gentle with little kids. He is well socialized. If he bites a kid he is gone. I mean gone gone, as in dead.

There is a simple reason why.

A DOGS LIFE DOES NOT EQUAL A HUMAN LIFE!!

Yes. I would put down a dog that bites a kid and no I of course wouldnt put down a kid that bites a kid.

And no I wouldn't give the dog away. Once it's proven to be a liability its not worth the risk of letting it happen to some one else.

It's a fucking dog people. The world isn't a Disney movie.
Link Posted: 8/25/2015 9:56:01 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
You people are fucked up. Seriously? You equate what OP did to putting down a human child for biting another kid.

I have a dog, I have had other dogs. My current dog loves to rough house. But he is also extremely gentle with little kids. He is well socialized. If he bites a kid he is gone. I mean gone gone, as in dead.

Yes. I would put down a dog that bites a kid and no I of course wouldnt put down a kid that bites a kid.

And no I wouldn't give the dog away. Once it's proven to be a liability its not worth the risk of letting it happen to some one else.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

You didn't answer my question. What are you going to do when your child bites another child? It will happen, it always does, just part of childhood.

Will you standby and allow the father of the bit child to put yours down? Only seems fair and just based on your actions.

What were the circumstances biting? By the way when a dog bites it draws blood. When a dog guides it holds on with it's mouth. It only takes slight pressure to bruise an 18 month old child. The type of pressure that a dog would use to direct or hold another. Dogs also nip as a teaching technique. Your dog did not bite your child, you however did murder your dog.

The world is not a Disney movie but your definitely Goofy.

A dog is never too old to learn, however most people are too stupid to know how a dog learns and how to teach it.

So they get rid of it or kill it to justify their own failures. Then they turn to a forum to get warm fuzzies for doing the wrong thing.

Fuck that happy crap. I make no apologies for any perceived lack of
political correctness or accommodating the sheep-like need for touchy,
feely, sissy bullshit.

Get rid of your dog now before you too decide your going to arbitrarily kill it due to your shortcomings.

Link Posted: 8/25/2015 10:24:50 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

A dog is never too old to learn, however most people are too stupid to know how a dog learns and how to teach it.

So they get rid of it or kill it to justify their own failures. Then they turn to a forum to get warm fuzzies for doing the wrong thing.

Fuck that happy crap. I make no apologies for any perceived lack of political correctness or accommodating the sheep-like need for touchy, feely, sissy bullshit.

Get rid of your dog now before you too decide your going to arbitrarily kill it due to your shortcomings.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Fuck that happy crap. I make no apologies for any perceived lack of political correctness or accommodating the sheep-like need for touchy, feely, sissy bullshit.

So, in your world, dog is more important than people-especially children?

Priorities-yours are way out of whack.

Nick

Link Posted: 8/25/2015 10:50:28 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Nick

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nick

I'm betting English is a second language for you as your comprehension of it sucks.

What is your native tongue? If it's one of the eight I am fluent in I'll translate what I wrote for you.

¿Español? Deutsche? ???????? Svenska ? Italiano? Français? Polski? Sorry but anything else and you'll just have to remain ignorant.

My apologies, It seems the site doesn't know how to display the Russian alphabet.

Link Posted: 8/25/2015 10:53:30 PM EDT
[#8]
Op don't ever get another dog
Link Posted: 8/26/2015 9:40:17 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

I'm betting English is a second language for you as your comprehension of it sucks.

What is your native tongue? If it's one of the eight I am fluent in I'll translate what I wrote for you.

¿Español? Deutsche? ???????? Svenska ? Italiano? Français? Polski? Sorry but anything else and you'll just have to remain ignorant.

My apologies, It seems the site doesn't know how to display the Russian alphabet.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Nick

Dick measuring contest? REALLY?

Just go on with your bad self.

And I'm pretty sure I've seen other posters put in Cyrillic, so maybe you're not quite as smart as you think you are.

Guy made the right decision at the end of the day-dog did a bad thing, way past the age that he could rehome it, and did not feel he should be re-homing one that he did not feel comfortable with anyway.

Let me ask you this: have you ever had a dog that was really old and starting to go mentally?

If not, then you have no valid input in this thread.

Have a nice day, however.

Nick

Link Posted: 8/26/2015 9:59:04 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
that is a sad end...life of an animal is worthless to OP
kids do stuff to animals, animals respond...OP murders animal even after by owning post saying he wasn't a witness to animal bite
sad, Good Luck OP...life aint easy for people who only see black and white
and do us all a favor..
NEVER GET ANOTHER PET
View Quote

I love my dogs.   But this is ridiculous.

You don't take chances with your kids' well-being for the sake of a dog.   Dog bites kid in anger?   Dog gets gone.  (Note, I'm not talking about play-biting)
Link Posted: 8/26/2015 9:57:47 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

And I'm pretty sure I've seen other posters put in Cyrillic, so maybe you're not quite as smart as you think you are.

Guy made the right decision at the end of the day-dog did a bad thing, way past the age that he could rehome it, and did not feel he should be re-homing one that he did not feel comfortable with anyway.

Let me ask you this: have you ever had a dog that was really old and starting to go mentally?

Nick

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Nick

Nick

I've had dogs all my life. Some went to 20+ yrs. I can type in Cyrillic on my keyboard, it displays on my monitor, it does not render on the site, so no you haven't seen it before. So maybe your just as dumb as I think. Or maybe you just get off on telling lies. In either case I don't give a shit what you think.

You would kill a dog because its old. Maybe when a family member of yours is old you can kill them too, why pay for nursing care.

My reply to you was not any dick measuring, you just posted one of the most asinine interpretations to what I posted. It is obvious you have very little grasp of the English language. I was simply trying to help you. If you don't want help then "go back to Univision".  

Link Posted: 8/27/2015 12:12:40 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

I've had dogs all my life. Some went to 20+ yrs. I can type in Cyrillic on my keyboard, it displays on my monitor, it does not render on the site, so no you haven't seen it before. So maybe your just as dumb as I think. Or maybe you just get off on telling lies. In either case I don't give a shit what you think.

You would kill a dog because its old. Maybe when a family member of yours is old you can kill them too, why pay for nursing care.

My reply to you was not any dick measuring, you just posted one of the most asinine interpretations to what I posted. It is obvious you have very little grasp of the English language. I was simply trying to help you. If you don't want help then "go back to Univision".  

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Nick

Nick

I literally have no words for how fucked up your assessment is-of me and the situation.

You could not be more wrong about my intelligence level, ethnic background, preferences, hell ANYTHING about me.

I'm also done with you and this thread-I have said what I'm going to say and I have better things to do with my time than play "Let's see how close we can skirt the CoC".

Have a good evening, sir.

Nick

Link Posted: 8/27/2015 8:49:55 PM EDT
[#13]
That's enough of that.
Page / 4
Next Page Arrow Left
Page General » Pets
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top