Page General » Pets
Site Notices
Page / 4
Link Posted: 6/2/2015 12:09:06 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Apparently so.

OP - is this your first child that has grown up around the dog, or was this a relatively new experience for the dog?
View Quote

I have 2 children, the youngest of the two was bitten. The eldest is 5 now, and the dog was there before him, so the dog had been around babies and toddlers before.
Link Posted: 6/2/2015 8:51:51 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Oh please. Mouthing in play is a totally different thing from a dog giving a 'correction' to a human. Just like play growling is different from aggressive growling.
View Quote

I don't believe either you OR the OP have any idea what a truly aggressive dog really is.

Hint: There would be much more than a bruise involved.

Link Posted: 6/2/2015 10:53:30 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

I don't believe either you OR the OP have any idea what a truly aggressive dog really is.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Oh please. Mouthing in play is a totally different thing from a dog giving a 'correction' to a human. Just like play growling is different from aggressive growling.

You're right. One should always wait until a limb is severed. To be sure the dog is truly aggressive and not just cranky and confused about acceptable behavior.
Link Posted: 6/2/2015 10:56:54 PM EDT
[#4]
OP made a tough call. Sorry for the loss. Hope the wee one is good.

people calling you a murderer, or whatever, are retarded.
Link Posted: 6/5/2015 4:34:23 PM EDT
[#5]
I have yet to read through all the posts but have seen a few nay-sayers in terms of your choice....

I know it may have been be a tough decision but you did the right thing. I wouldn't have been so honorable about it myself with one of my children involved, but nonetheless the correct choice was made. At the end of the day your child is your child and a dog is a dog is a dog is a dog.

I am sorry for your loss though. I'm sure you had years of great companionship.

I'm sure in time you will find another great companion for not only you but the whole family.

ETA:

To all the holier than thou dog owners and/or parents accusing him of acting incorrectly, know some individuals have a more aggressive nature in regards to protecting their children than others. He did what needed to be done and mitigated the possibility of it happening again to another child or human being whether it was his or another's. Considering he's known this dog for ~14 years, I'd say he knew the nature of it pretty damn well enough to make the call for this particular instance.
Link Posted: 6/5/2015 5:04:02 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I have yet to read through all the posts but have seen a few nay-sayers in terms of your choice....

I know it may have been be a tough decision but you did the right thing. I wouldn't have been so honorable about it myself with one of my children involved, but nonetheless the correct choice was made. At the end of the day your child is your child and a dog is a dog is a dog is a dog.

I'm sure in time you will find another great companion for not only you but the whole family.

ETA:

To all the holier than thou dog owners and/or parents accusing him of acting incorrectly, know some individuals have a more aggressive nature in regards to protecting their children than others. He did what needed to be done and mitigated the possibility of it happening again to another child or human being whether it was his or another's. Considering he's known this dog for ~14 years, I'd say he knew the nature of it pretty damn well enough to make the call for this particular instance.
View Quote

Only he knows the whole story.  I'm glad I've never been in that situation.  The only thing that gives me pause is he did have the dog for 14 years and this is the first time something like this has happened.  If it were me,  and I'm sure the op probably did,  I'm make darn sure of the circumstances leading up to the incident.   We had an older boxer when I was 4 or 5 and my parents made damn sure I didn't bother him while he was eating or sleeping.  Most any dog could react in a similar way under the right circumstances.
Link Posted: 6/5/2015 5:26:35 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Only he knows the whole story.  I'm glad I've never been in that situation.  The only thing that gives me pause is he did have the dog for 14 years and this is the first time something like this has happened.  If it were me,  and I'm sure the op probably did,  I'm make darn sure of the circumstances leading up to the incident.   We had an older boxer when I was 4 or 5 and my parents made damn sure I didn't bother him while he was eating or sleeping.  Most any dog could react in a similar way under the right circumstances.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

ETA:

Yeah, didn't give OP any pause, none at all...  (for the record, I think he killed his family dog too soon, or needlessly...)
I wonder if his little boy knows why his doggy went away? Maybe he'll sit him on his knee and explain it to him some day...
Link Posted: 6/6/2015 12:26:03 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

You're right. One should always wait until a limb is severed. To be sure the dog is truly aggressive and not just cranky and confused about acceptable behavior.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

If you were a LOT closer to me I would loan you my girl Princess for a few weeks.

Like the OP's dog - She has fairly mastered the 'bite inhibition' training with excellent results.

Link Posted: 6/6/2015 1:01:11 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

If you were a LOT closer to me I would loan you my girl Princess for a few weeks.

Like the OP's dog - She has fairly mastered the 'bite inhibition' training with excellent results.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

My boy gnaws while play fighting with adults and growls like a demented creature. My female rescue is deranged and doesn't play. She'll just attack for real. She does hold back, but she's not allowed out of the house or around anyone but me. Her aggression and fear have almost gotten her put down. I'm lucky I live alone and don't bring many people to my command center. I have the luxury of keeping her damaged ass isolated. If she gets worse as she ages, she gets the needle.
Link Posted: 6/10/2015 11:10:50 AM EDT
[#10]
An animal that bites a kid doen't get a pass it's gotta go period.
Link Posted: 6/17/2015 5:20:16 AM EDT
[#11]
OP, my Dane bit my oldest son twice. The first time was about 2 years ago. No blood. Just some good bruising. The first time was because he was taking a bone away from him that he got out of an open bag. The next time he bit him on the leg and this time involved about a dozen stitches in his leg. This was because he took some chocolate cookies off the counter and my son knew he wasnt suppossed to have chocolate. Both times were over food. Both times he knew he was not suppossed to have them. He is a good dog and we all still miss him terribly but there was no way we could have kept him. I should have gotten rid of him after the first bite. I still kick myself for not doing that.
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 9:23:46 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Dogs should know their place, and biting their masters isn't their place.  A dog that will bite a child once will bite it again.  I'd rather put my dog down than risk my child having to go through life scarred because I put an animal before them.

I love dogs, but fuck a dog that bites its family.
View Quote

Exactly. If I had a dog and it bit a person without my telling it to - ANY person, not just a child - we'd be at the vet even before the animal control officer found out about it. ANY human (other than a burglar, rapist, etc) comes before ANY dog.
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 9:34:54 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 8/4/2015 7:10:42 PM EDT
[#14]
Don't get another dog, ever.
Link Posted: 8/4/2015 9:58:34 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Don't get another dog, ever.
View Quote

Don't have kids, ever. In my house, people come before animals.
Link Posted: 8/5/2015 9:19:26 AM EDT
[#16]
Not that I'm trying to equate kids and dogs, but when your kid bites or beats up someone you don't put it down. But that could be construed as a little over the top, so instead consider the following.

Dog are legally property, true. But to paraphrase the Bill Murray meme, I don't trust anyone who doesn't like dogs, and I am very, very un-trusting (to put it very mildly so as to stay within the CoC) of people who treat their dogs as mere property.

IMHO, people who see dogs, or indeed any non-livestock kept as pets or working animals, as mere property should not own them. And those who are placed in the unfortunately situation of having a dog that either a) they can't handle and/or b) that is in an inappropriate setting for its temperament should pull out all the stops to a) learn how to handle the situation without killing the dog and/or b) re-home the dog.

I've seen a LOT of "bad" dog's over the last ten years. I didn't give up on mine and she became a nationally ranked obedience competitor. And of the scores of "bad" dogs I personally came into contact with there were only two that I ever thought should actually be put down as being uncontrollably vicious with no hope of safe reform or re-home.

I don't normally rant on like this, and, knowing both virtually and personally people who fall into "dogs as property" category will, by definition, never change, nevertheless I feel it was worth saying.
Link Posted: 8/5/2015 5:23:29 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Not that I'm trying to equate kids and dogs, but when your kid bites or beats up someone you don't put it down. But that could be construed as a little over the top, so instead consider the following.

Dog are legally property, true. But to paraphrase the Bill Murray meme, I don't trust anyone who doesn't like dogs, and I am very, very un-trusting (to put it very mildly so as to stay within the CoC) of people who treat their dogs as mere property.

IMHO, people who see dogs, or indeed any non-livestock kept as pets or working animals, as mere property should not own them. And those who are placed in the unfortunately situation of having a dog that either a) they can't handle and/or b) that is in an inappropriate setting for its temperament should pull out all the stops to a) learn how to handle the situation without killing the dog and/or b) re-home the dog.

I've seen a LOT of "bad" dog's over the last ten years. I didn't give up on mine and she became a nationally ranked obedience competitor. And of the scores of "bad" dogs I personally came into contact with there were only two that I ever thought should actually be put down as being uncontrollably vicious with no hope of safe reform or re-home.

I don't normally rant on like this, and, knowing both virtually and personally people who fall into "dogs as property" category will, by definition, never change, nevertheless I feel it was worth saying.
View Quote

Your not gonna change any of their minds, we know they are wrong, just do your best to keep clear of folks like these...
Link Posted: 8/5/2015 5:26:08 PM EDT
[#18]
There is no other option? Nobody would give a good dog a home?

Don't believe it.
Link Posted: 8/5/2015 5:35:01 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Don't believe it.
View Quote

I do. A 14 year old dog that bit a toddler? I don't want it. If I took it, there's a perfect young dog that's going to get put down because I took the older dog.

I'm guessing if that poor old dog went so long being a good dog, and then messed up in old age, it was an age related bite. My best guess is that it's temperament would continue to decline, not get better. It may even have had a brain tumor or other painful problem making it cranky.  

That dog had a good run. OP did the right thing. He didn't stress it by putting it in unfamiliar circumstances or by taking it away from the family or sticking it in a crate all day.

That bite, without breaking the skin, was a good dog saying "I'm tired of this and I can't keep it up, I've had enough".

Death isn't sad, suffering is sad, and the OP spared his dog all the suffering it would have had in his decline. I hope I get to go at the right time like the OP's dog.
Link Posted: 8/5/2015 5:42:13 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Your not gonna change any of their minds, we know they are wrong, just do your best to keep clear of folks like these...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I adore my tiny furry baby. But if he got sick or went bad, I'd put him down. Of course I'd try to retrain him, but not if he was at the very end of his life. And I wouldn't try to rehome him either. There's too many dogs out there as it is. Let the good people who would take him get a better dog. Bad dogs and sick dogs aren't going to magically get better in another home, a bad or sick dog would be in for a really hard time, separated from the family he knows and still suffering from his afflictions.

Really, how dare you judge the OP's love for his dog. He did the best he knew how for him, I would have made the same choice. You can say it's not the choice you would have made, but you haven't got a clue if you say we don't love our dogs.
Link Posted: 8/5/2015 5:44:50 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

I do. A 14 year old dog that bit a toddler? I don't want it. If I took it, there's a perfect young dog that's going to get put down because I took the older dog.

I'm guessing if that poor old dog went so long being a good dog, and then messed up in old age, it was an age related bite. My best guess is that it's temperament would continue to decline, not get better. It may even have had a brain tumor or other painful problem making it cranky.  

That dog had a good run. OP did the right thing. He didn't stress it by putting it in unfamiliar circumstances or by taking it away from the family or sticking it in a crate all day.

That bite, without breaking the skin, was a good dog saying "I'm tired of this and I can't keep it up, I've had enough".

Death isn't sad, suffering is sad, and the OP spared his dog all the suffering it would have had in his decline. I hope I get to go at the right time like the OP's dog.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Don't believe it.

Toddlers are exhausting little pains in the ass. Dogs get worn out by the constant shit, too.

I feel a certain amount of dedication to my dog. I care for him, love him - I wouldn't throw him away because a situation i created bothered him. If it were a matter of him being dangerous around 'my' kid, I would find him a home where he could retire happily.

But, we all see things differently. And that's fine. I can think it's shitty and you can approve of it, and I'll still love you.
Link Posted: 8/5/2015 6:34:09 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Don't believe it.

It was a nip not a bite.
Link Posted: 8/5/2015 6:35:12 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

I adore my tiny furry baby. But if he got sick or went bad, I'd put him down. Of course I'd try to retrain him, but not if he was at the very end of his life. And I wouldn't try to rehome him either. There's too many dogs out there as it is. Let the good people who would take him get a better dog. Bad dogs and sick dogs aren't going to magically get better in another home, a bad or sick dog would be in for a really hard time, separated from the family he knows and still suffering from his afflictions.

Really, how dare you judge the OP's love for his dog. He did the best he knew how for him, I would have made the same choice. You can say it's not the choice you would have made, but you haven't got a clue if you say we don't love our dogs.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

How dare I, huh? Well, you seem to have it all figured out now, don't you? So you are pretty good pals with OP, and have had numerous interactions with him, his dog (well, not anymore, I guess) and his child, well good on you, I really appreciate the first person, first hand account that you have given about his situation... Wait, no, you have just defined the circumstances that were happening to him, his dog and his kid, based on an internet forum post and drawn all of the conclusions that your little heart desires, and declared them as the only viable set of facts to be considered in this instance. How very good of you. I won't say he was flat out wrong, but the speed in which he made his decision gives me pause (paws?), I bet his doggy which it had given OP a little more pause, not every circumstance is as cut and dry as you care to paint it. We are talking about a non-scin breaking nip here, are we not? My little collie shows her affection by growling and nibbling my arm and wrist when I get home at the end of a long day, and I adore it, frankly. I suppose the next time she does that,(savagely attacks me, that is) I should simply, and unceremoniously take her out in the back yard and just...POP one in her ear, right? Dog has to know who runs the show, right? Right? I can have my big collie boy stand to muster, to observe punishment, so maybe he won't get any wise ideas, right? He DOES jump up on me when I get home, that could lead to biting, I suppose.

Christ, I got bit several times as a kid around dogs out in the country, thank God there weren't any fucking nutjobs around to solve all of our "menacing" dog problems... Jesus H Christ!
And good day to you, madame.
Link Posted: 8/5/2015 6:39:01 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Don't believe it.
View Quote

That wouldn't generate the same bragging rights.
Link Posted: 8/5/2015 6:47:22 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Toddlers are exhausting little pains in the ass. Dogs get worn out by the constant shit, too.

I feel a certain amount of dedication to my dog. I care for him, love him - I wouldn't throw him away because a situation i created bothered him. If it were a matter of him being dangerous around 'my' kid, I would find him a home where he could retire happily.

But, we all see things differently. And that's fine. I can think it's shitty and you can approve of it, and I'll still love you.
View Quote

Oh, I can sympathize with the dog. Toddlers can be awful. I just think it's part of the dog job to be toddler safe when you have a toddler.

You're assuming you could find a home and that the dog would be happy in it. I'm assuming I couldn't and that the dog wouldn't be happy in it.

I think we should combine the asses of u and me into a mega ass that would be unstoppable.
Link Posted: 8/5/2015 6:48:55 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

It was a nip not a bite.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Don't believe it.

It was a nip not a bite.

Ok, a nip that left bruises days later. That's not acceptable.

Besides that, the stakes are too high.
Link Posted: 8/5/2015 6:52:42 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

How dare I, huh? Well, you seem to have it all figured out now, don't you? So you are pretty good pals with OP, and have had numerous interactions with him, his dog (well, not anymore, I guess) and his child, well good on you, I really appreciate the first person, first hand account that you have given about his situation... Wait, no, you have just defined the circumstances that were happening to him, his dog and his kid, based on an internet forum post and drawn all of the conclusions that your little heart desires, and declared them as the only viable set of facts to be considered in this instance. How very good of you. I won't say he was flat out wrong, but the speed in which he made his decision gives me pause (paws?), I bet his doggy which it had given OP a little more pause, not every circumstance is as cut and dry as you care to paint it. We are talking about a non-scin breaking nip here, are we not? My little collie shows her affection by growling and nibbling my arm and wrist when I get home at the end of a long day, and I adore it, frankly. I suppose the next time she does that,(savagely attacks me, that is) I should simply, and unceremoniously take her out in the back yard and just...POP one in her ear, right? Dog has to know who runs the show, right? Right? I can have my big collie boy stand to muster, to observe punishment, so maybe he won't get any wise ideas, right? He DOES jump up on me when I get home, that could lead to biting, I suppose.

Christ, I got bit several times as a kid around dogs out in the country, thank God there weren't any fucking nutjobs around to solve all of our "menacing" dog problems... Jesus H Christ!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

And I thought I was a crazy dog lady.

Link Posted: 8/5/2015 7:09:53 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Don't believe it.

It was a nip not a bite.

Have been around dogs all my life. Nips can last a few days. Don't forget a toddler  can bruise more easily. This dog nipped the piss out of me as a kid, but I deserved every one of them. There was also proper supervision. Best dog I've ever had as well.

Link Posted: 8/5/2015 7:14:14 PM EDT
[#29]
Tough call but separating the dog from the baby was right one.  Not sure if putting it down would have been my first choice.
Link Posted: 8/5/2015 7:34:15 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Have been around dogs all my life. Nips can last a few days. Don't forget a toddler  can bruise more easily. This dog nipped the piss out of me as a kid, but I deserved every one of them. There was also proper supervision. Best dog I've ever had as well.

http://i975.photobucket.com/albums/ae237/Redscale/Rebel_zpsrik0ig7d.jpg
View All Quotes
Quoted:

My dog bruises me when we play fight. He growls too. But when he growled to correct me, it was completely different. I imagine I'd be able to tell the difference between a play nip and him correcting me. If he ever corrects me or even growl growls at me, he's in trouble.

If I had a kid, there would be no question of whether the kid deserved it. The only dog I'd want around my kid would be one that takes the abuse, and cries and hides. You can take whatever risk you want with your kid, but I'm not taking risks with my hypothetical kid and I don't expect anyone else to either.

Dogs just don't get to correct their humans, not even mean little ones.

Quoted:
Tough call but separating the dog from the baby was right one.  Not sure if putting it down would have been my first choice.

14 and starting to show new, aggressive behaviors? To me, that just signals that the dog is ready to go.
Link Posted: 8/5/2015 7:41:52 PM EDT
[#31]
The dog is the scapegoat.
Link Posted: 8/5/2015 7:45:30 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

that is a sad end...life of an animal is worthless to OP

kids do stuff to animals, animals respond...OP murders animal even after by owning post saying he wasn't a witness to animal bite

sad, Good Luck OP...life aint easy for people who only see black and white

and do us all a favor..

NEVER GET ANOTHER PET

View Quote
Do us a favor, stay in New Jersey.

Link Posted: 8/5/2015 7:47:52 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

fify... & don't worry, you are...   And, I BELIEVE I said:...
Link Posted: 8/5/2015 7:57:08 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

<a href="http://s36.photobucket.com/user/OMCHamlin/media/9e3d8416-d963-42f4-ae95-c16971c9d233_zpsog5qx6ym.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e23/OMCHamlin/9e3d8416-d963-42f4-ae95-c16971c9d233_zpsog5qx6ym.jpg</a>
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

<a href="http://s36.photobucket.com/user/OMCHamlin/media/9e3d8416-d963-42f4-ae95-c16971c9d233_zpsog5qx6ym.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e23/OMCHamlin/9e3d8416-d963-42f4-ae95-c16971c9d233_zpsog5qx6ym.jpg</a>

Oh no, I assure you. I'm a crazy dog lady.

He's the tiny, furry center of my world. I'm freaking obsessed with Mr. PerfectPaws.

But I promised him I'd take him out if things started going bad for him and I didn't think I could help him. He's going to have a good life, and be spared the decline at the end. I hope I am too.
Link Posted: 8/5/2015 7:57:30 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Those saying I wasn't there are correct. Are you suggesting my wife's word isn't good enough to explain that my child was bitten? I have a photo of the bite, which I took 14 hours after it happened. A simple "nip" doesn't retain bruising/marking after that long.

And "train" a 14 year old dog to tolerate a toddler? Good luck. Let me guess, the dog in this .gif also needs the same training?:

<a href="http://s86.photobucket.com/user/ld7x/media/brJ8XLK_zpsqftorxpi.gif.html" target="_blank">http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k102/ld7x/brJ8XLK_zpsqftorxpi.gif</a>

(This is not my dog in the .gif)

I didn't take letting go of my friend lightly. I posted here to vent about a situation where the end and necessary actions only had 1 good answer.
View Quote

When it is between a child and a dog, the dog is not at the top.  A dog that has attacked a child once cannot be trusted.  I would have done the same thing.

Sorry for your loss
Link Posted: 8/5/2015 7:59:46 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

The only dog I'd want around my kid would be one that takes the abuse, and cries and hides. You can take whatever risk you want with your kid, but I'm not taking risks with my hypothetical kid and I don't expect anyone else to either.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The only dog I'd want around my kid would be one that takes the abuse, and cries and hides. You can take whatever risk you want with your kid, but I'm not taking risks with my hypothetical kid and I don't expect anyone else to either.

Different types of dogs for each owner. I would never own a dog that ran from someone or cowered in the corner. It defeats the purpose of owning a dog for me, but I would not have an aggressive dog either.
A GSD/Husky mix as the OP had would have done damage if it was an actual bite and aggressive.
Link Posted: 8/5/2015 8:01:19 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

http://i61.tinypic.com/5ohuv8.jpg

http://i57.tinypic.com/14mw6xt.jpg

http://i57.tinypic.com/14y280x.jpg

http://i58.tinypic.com/15qofh5.jpg

He's the tiny, furry center of my world. I'm freaking obsessed with Mr. PerfectPaws.

But I promised him I'd take him out if things started going bad for him and I didn't think I could help him. He's going to have a good life, and be spared the decline at the end. I hope I am too.
View Quote

Still looks like a football.
Link Posted: 8/5/2015 8:03:41 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 8/5/2015 8:04:54 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Different types of dogs for each owner. I would never own a dog that ran from someone or cowered in the corner. It defeats the purpose of owning a dog for me, but I would not have an aggressive dog either.
A GSD/Husky mix as the OP had would have done damage if it was an actual bite and aggressive.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You can have a GSD that will protect the family but wont correct the human babies like it does its own puppies. Just because a dog just sets teeth on you without clamping down doesn't mean that it's not an inappropriate correction.
Link Posted: 8/5/2015 8:05:36 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's how I carry him when he's not in my purse.
Link Posted: 8/5/2015 8:08:39 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View Quote

You know, I'm starting to have fond feelings towards you, in fact, about that very last part? Let me know, will you? I mean, what are friends for, am I right??? (sigh) Juuust kidding
Link Posted: 8/5/2015 8:10:10 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Tough break sorry
View Quote

Ya must be talking to his dog, Aimless... And you'd be right, it WAS a tough break for the dog...
Link Posted: 8/5/2015 8:12:01 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Ya must be talking to his dog, Aimless... And you'd be right, it WAS a tough break for the dog...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Tough break sorry

Even if I thought the OP did the wrong thing (and I don't), I'd recognize that he did what he thought was right, to protect his baby and that it had to be really hard to put down his friend of 14 years.

You're being a real asshole.
Link Posted: 8/5/2015 8:16:11 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Even if I thought the OP did the wrong thing (and I don't), I'd recognize that he did what he thought was right, to protect his baby and that it had to be really hard to put down his friend of 14 years.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Tough break sorry

You have failed to impact my opinion. OP got it wrong, period.  "Daddy, what ever did happen to our doggy we had when I was little?, I miss him, I loved him so... "     "Well son, I killed him. For YOU..."
Link Posted: 8/5/2015 8:20:16 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Tough break sorry

Took the words out of my mouth. Not my dog or my kid, but the op had every right to do what he did, no matter what anyone else says. Even if I think it was wrong.
Link Posted: 8/5/2015 8:24:52 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Took the words out of my mouth. Not my dog or my kid, but the op had every right to do what he did, no matter what anyone else says. Even if I think it was wrong.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Tough break sorry

So, do I have every right to voice my opinion and disagree? No? Sorry then... (I guess if I don't agree, I am by default, an asshole, okay, so be it. I still disagree) I am a disagreeable asshole then...
Link Posted: 8/5/2015 8:29:16 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

So, do I have every right to voice my opinion and disagree? No? Sorry then... (I guess if I don't agree, I am by default, an asshole, okay, so be it. I still disagree) I am a disagreeable asshole then...
View All Quotes
Quoted:

You have every right to voice your opinion, but they way you voice it needs to be in a less sarcastic manner. I don't like what happened to the OP's dog either.

Quoted:
   "Well son, I killed him. For YOU..."

Totally inappropriate remark.
Link Posted: 8/5/2015 8:35:38 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

You have failed to impact my opinion. OP got it wrong, period.  "Daddy, what ever did happen to our doggy we had when I was little?, I miss him, I loved him so... "     "Well son, I killed him. For YOU..."
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Tough break sorry

Link Posted: 8/5/2015 8:37:15 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sociopath or Aspergers? Because your schtick is beyond fucked up.
Link Posted: 8/5/2015 8:51:35 PM EDT
[#50]
Page / 4
Page General » Pets
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top