Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page General » Pets
Site Notices
Posted: 4/13/2015 11:48:34 AM EDT
My Chocolate lab went missing last night from my locked back yard. I just moved to Coppell. There were no signs of escape and the gate was locked so he may have been stolen. He's brown and weighs about 55 lbs and is 2 years old. Very friendly. Is microchipped and had a collar on when last seen. Located in North Coppell near Samuel and MacArthur.

If you have any information on his whereabouts, you can email me here or call me 8179751534.

Link Posted: 4/13/2015 12:26:18 PM EDT
[#1]
 Well, that microchip will, at least, prevent any major laboratory from paying $50.00 bucks for the animal and taking him into inventory for their next cancer experiments!  I agree with you; he probably was stolen; and, more than likely, by someone who's fairly local, too.  Watch the, 'Pet's For Sale' columns of local newspapers and periodicals like Graigslist; your, 'lost' pet might turn up there.  

Your next best move is to notify all of the animal shelters within 50 miles of your home.  Send them a flyer with a picture (if you've got one).  It's a good idea to phone local animal shelters once a week, too.  Remind them that you're still looking, there's a reward, and ask for any advice they might have.  A reward of, about, $200.00 dollars, with a, 'no questions asked' clause should do it.  

When my sister's dog ran away she put up flyers all over her lake community looking for the animal.  Someone found it for her, too.  That little poodle had traveled more than 4 miles over the local roads, and was found all the way over on the other side of the lake!  Good luck!  I'm a retired dog breeder, myself.  So you've got my sympathy.    

Oh, by the way, you can prevent something like this from happening again by installing a, 'driveway alarm' along the sides and/or rear of your home.  (UPS hasn't snuck up on us in years!)
Link Posted: 4/15/2015 8:58:31 AM EDT
[#2]
He very likely went "over the wall". Most dogs can climb a fence easily if motivated. The reason I'm saying this to get you to a) Concentrate your efforts and your search in your area. b) Don't give up and assume your dog is "gone.

He's most likely within a mile or 2 and in some one's home looking for you. Agree with the above. Call any and all agencies that might be contacted about a stray and post lost dog signs with pic. Good luck.
Link Posted: 4/15/2015 10:51:16 AM EDT
[#3]
Happened to my Dachshund. I got him back. Posted flyers EVERYWHERE and the next day got a call from a lady who picked up him a couple blocks away.
Link Posted: 4/17/2015 1:04:43 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
My Chocolate lab went missing last night from my locked back yard. I just moved to Coppell. There were no signs of escape and the gate was locked so he may have been stolen. He's brown and weighs about 55 lbs and is 2 years old. Very friendly. Is microchipped and had a collar on when last seen. Located in North Coppell near Samuel and MacArthur.

If you have any information on his whereabouts, you can email me here or call me 8179751534.

View Quote

I'll keep my eyes open op. I'm near you.
Link Posted: 4/20/2015 5:19:09 AM EDT
[#5]
Check your old address.  He might have went home.
Page General » Pets
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top