Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page General » Pets
Posted: 3/29/2015 8:42:01 PM EDT
Previously I posted that my poodle had an abscess on her back and lost some hair next to the abscess.  Vet was going to drain the abscess but after a week of antibiotics the abscess is almost gone. Now the skin is turning black in the bald spot. She doesn't scratch at it, it's not scaly or anything else. Vet wasn't concerned at the time about the bald spot but I'm wondering if there's a connection with the medication and abscess.  If nothing changes it's back to the vet.
Link Posted: 3/29/2015 8:45:24 PM EDT
[#1]

I have two miniature schnauzers.

One has grey hair and a thick coat.  The other is white and has a very thin coat.

When they get haircuts, the white schnauzers skin will turn black.

We believe it's from the sun exposure.

I could be wrong.  It's just our observation.

Link Posted: 4/1/2015 1:32:55 AM EDT
[#2]
Our old Elkhound developed a spot that lost hair and the skin turned black and leather like.  We took Lexus to the Vet.  THe VET took one look and your dogs has (don't remember what it was called.)  He gave us some cream we put it on the black area daily and in about a month every thing was as good as new.
Page General » Pets
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top