Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page General » Pets
Posted: 3/25/2015 3:46:41 PM EDT
20 month old lab was just diagnosed with kennel cough. I had boarded him earlier in the month and paid extra for supervised "playtime" where the dogs run free together.  That's apparently where he caught it. My dog was vacinated, and the boardding place requires documented proof of vacination for all "guests".  He still got it.  My vet said that the vaccine is about as effective as human flue vaccine which apparently is about 50/50. Not a big deal, EXCEPT that I have to board him again in a week and he'll still be under treatment which is gonna complicate things. Dog is fine but the coughing is gross.
Link Posted: 3/25/2015 3:55:14 PM EDT
[#1]
I don't think I've ever known a dog that didn't get it at least once.  Medicate, move on.  The vaccine can cover some things, but "kennel cough" covers a wide range of maladies, and no one vaccine can or will cover them all.
Page General » Pets
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top