Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page General » Pets
Site Notices
Posted: 1/18/2015 11:07:08 PM EDT
my cat has had problems with her anal glands for her whole life. in the past 3 days her tail went limp and she was in obvious pain. we took her to the vet (second trip in a week , now a different vet) and they really did not know what was up. they thought she may have sprained here back, tail or her anal glands were painful. Needless to say we are concerned. I have SPENT nearly 2000 and have no answers. We do know that her ducts are scarred badly and her anal glands really have to come out. I called a vet I knew that could do the surgery and they quoted $1700 for the procedure. Needless to say, I am selling off  stuff like a crazyman to have it done.
please pray for my girl
she is the most important thing in the world.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 2:43:23 PM EDT
[#1]
Hope everything turns out well.  It's tough when our little friends are sick.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 3:05:08 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Hope everything turns out well.  It's tough when our little friends are sick.
View Quote

+1 Hope it turns out OK. Poor kitty.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 8:41:34 PM EDT
[#3]
well, she is going in Wednesday for the surgery. She is lying on the couch  on pain meds
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 10:15:40 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 11:16:02 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
well, she is going in Wednesday for the surgery. She is lying on the couch  on pain meds
View Quote

Keep us posted.  We're pulling for her.  What is kitty's name?
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 11:25:37 PM EDT
[#6]
Good luck!

I get it.  My old buddy Dexter had heart failure. I did everything I could for him until he told me it was time.

My girl, DeeDee - goodness she has irritable bowel disease, and I spent over $3000 on ultrasounds, endoscopes, etc trying to get her squared away. Fortunately, after almost a year, we got her diagnosed and meds at the right levels where she's doing well (knock on wood).

So, I understand....I'd do anything for my furry kids. They really are our kids, as we've chosen not to have human ones.
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 12:23:25 PM EDT
[#7]
Her name is Frack. Yes, there is a frick??, her sister.
Link Posted: 1/21/2015 2:41:07 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Her name is Frack. Yes, there is a frick??, her sister.
View Quote

Great names for cats!
Link Posted: 1/22/2015 8:21:24 PM EDT
[#9]
well the surgery went well, Frack is home and seems to be doing well. Eating like a horse, already went to the litterbox and is cleaning herself. She is supposed to have a cone on but I took it off because she was really upset with it on and cried. I just have to watch her carefully to make sure she doesn't nip at her stitches.
I am relieved (and 3000 poorer)
Link Posted: 1/22/2015 9:04:50 PM EDT
[#10]
Outstanding!  Get well Frack!
Link Posted: 1/22/2015 11:08:24 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Outstanding!  Get well Frack!
View Quote

she figured out how to get the cone of silence off...she is like a little escape artist
Link Posted: 1/23/2015 1:30:02 AM EDT
[#12]
Wishing Frack has a speedy recovery.
Link Posted: 1/23/2015 10:25:41 AM EDT
[#13]
Good to hear!
Link Posted: 2/20/2015 9:29:45 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
well the surgery went well, Frack is home and seems to be doing well. Eating like a horse, already went to the litterbox and is cleaning herself. She is supposed to have a cone on but I took it off because she was really upset with it on and cried. I just have to watch her carefully to make sure she doesn't nip at her stitches.
I am relieved (and 3000 poorer)
View Quote

You can get more money, but not another Frack. Good for you for taking care of her. I have a 12-year-old female who has what feel like a couple small lumps on her abdomen, and is due for a vet visit soon. I'm already trying to figure out how much I'll be able to pay on a payment plan in case it comes to the 2nd worst case scenario.
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 9:49:15 PM EDT
[#15]
Frack is doing great, we sold off some stuff and she is worth it. Let me know if I can help, I will donate some $ for her operation. To be able to pay it forward is something I am happy to do
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 1:19:15 PM EDT
[#16]
glad frack is doing well,will pray for frack,i love cats.
Page General » Pets
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top