Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page General » Pets
Site Notices
Posted: 1/12/2015 11:06:05 PM EDT
Picked him up a couple days ago, 8 weeks old and 18 pounds. He was the dominate one of the pack. Loves playing tug, going to do great at bite work.

Link Posted: 1/12/2015 11:08:20 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/13/2015 10:17:55 AM EDT
[#2]
Congrats!!!
Link Posted: 1/13/2015 8:47:15 PM EDT
[#3]
Love his color OP. Friend of ours had a GSD same colors, he named him Baron.
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 9:53:40 PM EDT
[#4]
Great looking pup! Mals develop really really fast so enjoy the puppy time every chance you get. You'll miss it when it's gone (hard to believe sometimes).
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 2:58:09 AM EDT
[#5]
He really is an amazing pup. Only had 4 accidents in the house this week, 3 of them he got out of my sight for a couple seconds and did his thing. 4th one he was being stubborn and not wanting to poop and after 8 attempts I had to run to the store and he went in the crate, covered from head to tail and flung it out the crate when I got back. He is waking me up twice a night to go out and he will pee and poop both when he goes out. In the ex pen he looks at me when he needs to go out and goes as soon as we are in the yard, easiest dog ever on potty training. Already walking on the leash and starting to respond to the marker training. Working his prey drive and he is crazy for the ball on a string as well as bite wedges, he will play tug for hours if I let him but I am stopping him at 20 minutes and doing multiple sessions. Only issues are he wants to eat everything including rocks, leaves, cigarette butts and he hates the crate but is barking less when I put him in, he will not go in on his own but is working towards it. He wants to be at my feet all the time. If I stop walking he stops and sits, I did not train this yet. Put him on the bite sleeve today and he loves it, put your arm in front of him and he is on it, long sleeves and him do not mix. I had to tether his exercise pen. I was in my office which is about 30 feet from the ex pen and he drug the pen into my office to be with me.

I really believe he is going to be one on my easiest dogs to train. Line bred on Kukays Quatro so I am very happy to have him.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 6:29:57 AM EDT
[#6]
Sounds like a great start. Don't push the sleeve too early but definitely keep working the ball and tug. Mine was the same way as a pup. Eventually the treats aren't as important to training as simply using a ball or toy as a reward which is easy and also increases drive. Keep up the good work!!
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 12:33:08 PM EDT
[#7]
He is being a little shit this morning. Anything he can sink his teeth into. I am taking it slow and limiting the amount of time he plays. Mostly letting him latch onto the puppy sleeve and then using it as a tug.

Link Posted: 1/18/2015 6:24:34 PM EDT
[#8]
Based on that photo it's official: you have a Maligator.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 6:50:35 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Picked him up a couple days ago, 8 weeks old and 18 pounds. He was the dominate one of the pack. Loves playing tug, going to do great at bite work.

<a href="http://s102.photobucket.com/user/fasterfaller/media/_IMG_6542_zps56acdd6d.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m108/fasterfaller/_IMG_6542_zps56acdd6d.jpg</a>

<a href="http://s102.photobucket.com/user/fasterfaller/media/_IMG_6528_zpse3ae9f7f.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m108/fasterfaller/_IMG_6528_zpse3ae9f7f.jpg</a>
View Quote

I will love him and hug him and squeeze him and call him "George".
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 1:27:25 AM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Based on that photo it's official: you have a Maligator.
View Quote

He got the crotch of my pants after this. Will have to rethink naked night at my house as I don't want a Maligator biting my junk.

This is someone else getting a crotch full of Maligator.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BP9ZT5YGBNY&list=FLQSIiJKljdfZfzKBUTMvfsQ&index=9
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 8:34:06 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 9:43:37 PM EDT
[#12]

Aint that the truth. That or a bag of crack.
Link Posted: 2/4/2015 11:12:53 PM EDT
[#13]
good looking pup.
Link Posted: 2/5/2015 10:09:40 PM EDT
[#14]
He is a wild man, likes to hang for the curtains and plays tug with his leash for most of his walks. His ears are both finally up. He wanted to tear a couple of the neighborhood punks to shreds a couple nights ago, he likes everyone he has met except for these two teen boys.

Link Posted: 2/5/2015 10:15:11 PM EDT
[#15]
Good looking pup.

My akita likes pretty much everyone but there is one boy on my walk (if I walk them during the day) that just tweaks him.  Dunno what it is.
Link Posted: 2/6/2015 1:06:03 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Good looking pup.

My akita likes pretty much everyone but there is one boy on my walk (if I walk them during the day) that just tweaks him.  Dunno what it is.
View Quote

Dogs are great judges of character, if your dog does not like him he has a bad attitude and is up to no good.
Page General » Pets
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top