Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page General » Pets
Posted: 10/8/2014 2:26:19 PM EDT
about to start with our two dogs, any tips advice for this.
Link Posted: 10/8/2014 2:32:19 PM EDT
[#1]
The dogs first reaction is going to be epic.  Record it and post.
Link Posted: 10/8/2014 2:35:42 PM EDT
[#2]
I walked her around a few times on a leash, told her "NO" if she started to get close to the line.

Put the collar on, and she figured out the warning beep/vibrate on her own.
Link Posted: 10/8/2014 3:02:03 PM EDT
[#3]
I also got near the fence with the collar and when the beeping started I would say no!

My dog was zapped by that thing once.  Ever.  She had no interest in the edge of the yard unless she was chasing a squirrel and even then she would stop before the beeping started.  They learn what the beeping means pretty quick.
Link Posted: 10/8/2014 9:54:25 PM EDT
[#4]
next question is, if i want to walk them outside of the boundary without the collars will that confuse them?

best way to mark boundary with the flags?
Link Posted: 10/9/2014 12:01:59 PM EDT
[#5]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

next question is, if i want to walk them outside of the boundary without the collars will that confuse them?

View Quote
Do not let them cross the boundary, it will confuse them and they will probably resist if they have been zapped.  Without the collar on I couldn't drag my dog across the line, she wouldn't go near it.

Also yes flags help mark the boundary, they will learn it after awhile.

If you have stubborn dogs you will want to walk the entire perimeter and make sure there are not dead spots, a diligent dog will find them.  
Link Posted: 10/9/2014 7:12:45 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote

Depends on how smart your dog is. Mine understand full well what a pinch collar is as compared to a regular collar.

You can also mark your boundary with spray paint same as utility companies do... So long as they can clearly see the lines you should be good to go.
Page General » Pets
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top