Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page General » Pets
Posted: 8/27/2014 3:04:33 PM EDT
My Mom is looking to breed her 138lb, 2 1/2 year old AKC Rottweiler with a dam of similar quality in the central Florida area (Volusia County)
Zeus is a very intelligent young man and was recently awarded an AKC Good Citizen Certification. He is currently working towards becoming a therapy dog. He loves making new friends at the Dog park, and is well behaved around kids, cats, and old people.

His AKC

I also have his Mothers AKC, and a copy of his AKC Good Citizen Cert. they were right side up on Photobucket, but upside down on here...
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 9:26:30 PM EDT
[#1]
The AKC Good Citizen Cert. is cool.

Same thing applies to you working to get him certified as a therapy dog...

Always appreciate owners that train their dogs to act properly in public and that is what it sounds like you have done here.

Link Posted: 8/28/2014 7:41:38 PM EDT
[#2]
Has he had his health clearances done, and received passing scores?
Link Posted: 8/29/2014 12:32:09 AM EDT
[#3]
What are the hip scores (Either OFA or Penn-Hip) of this dog, her parents, and and as many full siblings as you can find?
Link Posted: 9/12/2014 3:34:28 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
My Mom is looking to breed her 138lb, 2 1/2 year old AKC Rottweiler with a dam of similar quality in the central Florida area (Volusia County)
Zeus is a very intelligent young man and was recently awarded an AKC Good Citizen Certification. He is currently working towards becoming a therapy dog. He loves making new friends at the Dog park, and is well behaved around kids, cats, and old people.

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f213/cliffordm/zuse2_zps6999ec4a.jpg

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f213/cliffordm/zuse1_zps2c64bb9b.jpg

His AKC
http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f213/cliffordm/zuesAKC_zps05b4d318.jpg

I also have his Mothers AKC, and a copy of his AKC Good Citizen Cert. they were right side up on Photobucket, but upside down on here...
View Quote

What quality would that be??

Like others have said, have you had all health testing done?  138 lbs. is oversize by any standard and to be honest, he isn't the best looking Rottie I have seen.

Why do you want to breed him?  What do you think he can contribute to the breed?? What titles does he have?  What makes him acceptable breeding stock?

You may think I'm an ass but people who don't know a thing about breeding dogs are the ones that ruin breeds in the USA.  I own Rotties, I love Rotties and made it thru the 90s when every Tom, Dick and Harry was breeding whatever they had to make money…. all the while screwing up the breed tremendously.

AKC registered doesn't amount to a hill of beans.

Do us a favor and find another way to make what you might get from some BYB in stud fees.

Link Posted: 9/14/2014 1:17:14 PM EDT
[#5]
Page General » Pets
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top