Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page General » Pets
Site Notices
Posted: 7/20/2014 8:26:29 PM EDT
First family dog for the clan (me, wife, 3 girls..12, 5, 3).  I'll admit that I am not a dog person and have limited experience around them and taking care of them.   Dog is a 2 year rescue dog that the girls found at a local shelter.  I wasn't there, but the shelter thinks the dog is a stray due to being in good shape overall and its been fixed, all shots up to date, appears to be a very well behaved dog.  They want a $200 fee since its "pure bred".   What can I expect with this breed as well as any other first time dog ownership tips?
Link Posted: 7/20/2014 8:28:32 PM EDT
[#1]
Lots of hair, love and slobber.  We had one of their cousins - a Newfoundland. Best dog out there. Pyrannese is very similar in temperament.
Link Posted: 7/21/2014 7:15:25 AM EDT
[#2]
Awesome dogs!!   Natural protectors.    Smart and stubborn
Link Posted: 7/21/2014 7:22:20 AM EDT
[#3]
Can have hip issues, don't live very long. Nice dogs.
Link Posted: 7/21/2014 7:33:26 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 7/21/2014 12:38:50 PM EDT
[#5]
Buy a good vacuum and plan on replacing it in a year. Our Bernese fur kills vacuums after a year of use. Pyrenees, Bernese, New Foundland all make damn good family dogs.
Page General » Pets
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top