Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page General » Pets
Posted: 4/22/2014 7:01:27 PM EDT
Just got the call from my 14yo Son. My Dawg Guinness is really sick."took a turn for the worst" the cee you next thursday EX  had to say.
got told after the fact, she's been sick for more than a couple of days now.
My Dawg is 12 1/2 and 90# she had a good run.Female 1/2 Chocalate Lab and 1/2 Coon Hound.
I've been prepping the Boy that since I can't be there. He will have to dig her resting place.
She lived there The Boy's whole life, no reason to change that now.
I taught her many things. Got my Balls broke for the barking at the door till I gave the word.
Fkin Perp was smashing car windows for change, got spotted and made a move to open the door to the wrong house.
My boys couldn't wait to tell me how scary teeth she was and how much foam was flying!!
Never so proud, too bad I didn't reside there anymore. Thats how I trained her, to watch my kids.
Had to hear it in my Sons voice that he was scared to see her so sick.
Sorry Buddy! I know you love her but you just never realized how much.
You were 18 months old and we walked down the block. you climbed in the pen and you chose each other.
The Ex being a Nurse couldn't seem to manage a basic assessment or load my Dawg in the Car to the 24hVet.
I know it's her time and she's been heartbroken since I was banished from the house that Davy Built.
I got a lame excuse that "the Vet Can't come till the Morning"
Divorce Court  and the parasite lawyers took away my ability to intervene.
I've been trying to teach the boy to how a shovel works.
Some rights of Passage suck.
I still remember all my dawgs. Love them all.
Tomorrrow will tell.
Sucks I can't physically be there for my boys. Cee you next Thursday
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 8:26:59 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 12:07:28 PM EDT
[#2]
i got the call today, C,U,N.T was at the vet. no shit the Dawg is on the downside.
medicate the dawg so the boys can say good bye? who should see the dawg in that state.
Thats thats the last visual?
Wanted to let the boy dig the hole
Rite of passage but not the right time.
The 24hr vet wasn't digging me.
I worked my younger life for my old man.
He had a small animal practice and started the 24hr vet program.
Fuck you you don' tell me i WAIT. YOUR JOB IS HERE CAUSE WE created it.
Close another door in my face. have haligan will travel.

Link Posted: 4/24/2014 2:11:19 AM EDT
[#3]
Sorry to hear this, and sorry that you could not be there to intervene. It is good that you teach your boy to bury his dog, I'm sorry he has to do this alone...
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 3:47:49 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks Man!
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 9:20:51 AM EDT
[#5]
Only downside to a good dog is that they never love long enough.

Link Posted: 4/25/2014 9:33:51 AM EDT
[#6]
So sorry to hear this.  I can't imagine your frustration with the situation.
Page General » Pets
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top