Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page General » Pets
Page / 8
Link Posted: 4/9/2014 11:34:57 PM EDT
[#1]
Is it just me or do all boxers have the same personality?

Every pic and every vid could have been one of ours!
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 2:31:53 PM EDT
[#4]
Almost 2 weeks old

2 girls and 4 boys
Link Posted: 4/28/2014 12:10:32 PM EDT
[#5]

Link Posted: 4/28/2014 4:36:07 PM EDT
[#6]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Almost 2 weeks old

2 girls and 4 boys
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/28/2014 9:58:33 PM EDT
[#7]
View Quote

AWWWWWWWE

Cannot let the wife see this... Lol

Just out of...curiosity... are they all spoken for? Lol. Wifey saw, and wants to know.
Link Posted: 4/30/2014 3:36:33 AM EDT
[#8]
Here is my boxer Sahib and a link to his website from the breeder we got him from.  He is direct from Russia and he is my third boxer.  

http://www.cimarroneuropeanboxers.com/Fire_Energy_Sahib.html

He will turn 4 this year and is a wonderful dog.

" />
Link Posted: 5/12/2014 4:03:41 PM EDT
[#9]
*PUP-DATE*

I've posted several pictures of our latest girl as she has grown, but in March we took her to her first show. It was a European-style Seiger show, hosted by the Southeast Boxer Klub (SEBK), a member club of the United States Boxer Association (USA-BOX). We got this puppy to work, but her breeder really likes how she looks and suggested we try the conformation thing. If you've never seen a European show, it is a LOT different than an AKC show.

The show was in Citra, FL... in March... so we made a little vacation out of it (escaping the Ohio cold) and had a great time.

At 10 months old, she was competing in the Youth Brindle Female class, in which she placed 1st with an SG1 rating (highest rating you can get in the youth classes).

She loves her bite work, but she's also a pretty girl. I think we might give the conformation thing a go again in the future.

Link Posted: 5/12/2014 10:00:18 PM EDT
[#10]
I like the family photo.
Link Posted: 5/17/2014 10:25:42 AM EDT
[#11]
Our girl turned 1-year-old today!

Link Posted: 5/18/2014 11:26:40 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

AWWWWWWWE

Just out of...curiosity... are they all spoken for? Lol. Wifey saw, and wants to know.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

AWWWWWWWE

All but this little guy.

We are keeping his brother.
Link Posted: 5/19/2014 10:33:35 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 5/19/2014 10:43:47 PM EDT
[#14]

Wharrgarrblll  
Link Posted: 5/19/2014 10:55:37 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 5/29/2014 10:43:50 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 6/3/2014 10:03:32 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 6/11/2014 11:31:00 AM EDT
[#18]
Doing some bitework with Indi last weekend. I call this one "Air Indi".

Link Posted: 6/11/2014 12:10:17 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 6/11/2014 5:38:02 PM EDT
[#20]

There's a picture of my boxer in the living room and the sign below says; "My name is no no bad dog, what's yours?"

Link Posted: 6/25/2014 11:20:51 AM EDT
[#21]
From somewhere on Arfcom...

On a side note, Cubby is now about 8.  He's starting to get an enlarged prostate, as all older unfixed boxers tend to do, so I'm probably gonna do the snippy snip soon, but I wanted to get some puppies out of him first.  Other than that he's been healthy as a horse.  Anyone in the NC/SC/GA area with a healthy female boxer that wants pups?  My sister and I each want to keep one.

Link Posted: 7/3/2014 9:02:38 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 7/13/2014 12:13:13 AM EDT
[#23]

Link Posted: 8/10/2014 2:25:59 PM EDT
[#24]
Here's my little dude.  His name is Odin.  He's 5 months old now.  

Here he is right after we got him home (puppy teeth are sharp)

This is also right after we got him home

And this is more recent.  Its crazy how much he's grown!

He's also my QC man

He's got a pretty impressive power stance.  BOOM!

And he's a pretty photogenic bro.

Sorry for the pic heavy first post (ever), but my little dude is my best friend for sure.   Everyone should know the pure happiness in 4 legged form that is a Boxer!
Link Posted: 8/10/2014 5:01:31 PM EDT
[#25]
That is a FINE looking dog you have there.  I really like his head structure.  Apparently it is all the 'rage' in the show ring to have a boxer with a very short muzzle.  The classic look is 1/3 muzzle.

I am fine with that, and I'd be fine with longer.  Shorter muzzle doesn't help ANYTHING, and it makes breathing harder, makes the dogs more likely to snore, and if taken to extremes can impede bite power.  There are a few places where boxers were not that long ago common police dogs, and compete in schutzhund.  Most boxers don't have the temperament nowadays for that, and that's fine.  I LIKE that I can recommend a boxer as a great family dog, a lovable clown.  But structurally they should be solid enough to do bitework even if mentally they are the friendly clown love everybody type.  And going for a shorter and shorter muzzle is bad.
Link Posted: 8/10/2014 5:15:04 PM EDT
[#26]
Thanks!  I agree with you completely about the muzzle length.  I've seen a few boxers with really short muzzles, and I dont think it quite looks right. I think that he is honestly one of the best looking boxers ever, although I will admit I may or may not be a tad biased  But I dont have any intentions of trying to show Odin.  He's just my goofy little buddy.
Link Posted: 8/12/2014 2:08:32 PM EDT
[#27]
Whoever invented the Jeep was a dog person...

Link Posted: 8/12/2014 6:34:24 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 8/23/2014 11:25:15 PM EDT
[#29]
Some great looking boxers!  Here are a couple pics of my buddy, Gunner.  He just turned 1yr old :)  

Link Posted: 8/24/2014 1:32:09 AM EDT
[#30]

Posted before, but still funny

Link Posted: 8/24/2014 8:22:54 AM EDT
[#31]
View All Quotes

Exactly the pic it remind me of .
Link Posted: 9/17/2014 4:53:35 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 5:40:28 AM EDT
[#33]
Great pics in this thread!
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 11:10:00 AM EDT
[#34]

Here is our beloved Phebe, RIP. She came to us skin and bones, my German Shepherd found her. we were playing in the back yard when he took off around the front when we chased him he was confronting her. We saw her condition and brought out fresh water and a bowl of kibble which she enjoyed. It was the evening and while we knew she wasn't local, small neighborhood with no others nearby, we put a kennel in the garage and she walk right in and laid down. While we nursed her back to health we looked for her owners but found no notices in the paper so we claimed her. No telling how long she was missing the pink on her nose was all road rashed and it looks as if she had jumped out of a moving vehicle ot thrown. No collar either.

We found out she was ate up with heartworms and she died a few months after we found her at the Vet's office. Great dog, we grew to love her and we still talk about her.
Here here is playing with our Shepherd who loved her.
Link Posted: 9/25/2014 4:06:18 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5291/5443608416_2e7afea21a_z.jpg

Here is our beloved Phebe, RIP. She came to us skin and bones, my German Shepherd found her. we were playing in the back yard when he took off around the front when we chased him he was confronting her. We saw her condition and brought out fresh water and a bowl of kibble which she enjoyed. It was the evening and while we knew she wasn't local, small neighborhood with no others nearby, we put a kennel in the garage and she walk right in and laid down. While we nursed her back to health we looked for her owners but found no notices in the paper so we claimed her. No telling how long she was missing the pink on her nose was all road rashed and it looks as if she had jumped out of a moving vehicle ot thrown. No collar either.

We found out she was ate up with heartworms and she died a few months after we found her at the Vet's office. Great dog, we grew to love her and we still talk about her.

http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5092/5443606072_391eb469fe_z.jpg
View Quote

Thank you for giving her a good home for her last few months of life.

Link Posted: 9/28/2014 10:59:16 PM EDT
[#36]

My son Brandon with his buddy Cinco.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 11:37:06 AM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 10/6/2014 3:52:26 PM EDT
[#38]
My Cubby

Random:

Link Posted: 10/22/2014 4:10:21 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5291/5443608416_2e7afea21a_z.jpg

http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5092/5443606072_391eb469fe_z.jpg

Takes a special person like you to be kind to that dog. I'm sure the dog talks about your kindness in doggie heaven as well!!!!
Link Posted: 2/11/2015 12:35:40 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q267/joecbr/ar15/bampc.jpg

My son Brandon with his buddy Cinco.
View Quote

Link Posted: 2/11/2015 11:51:32 AM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 2/17/2015 8:14:12 PM EDT
[#42]
My boy out enjoying the snow.

Link Posted: 2/18/2015 12:33:21 PM EDT
[#43]
My family had boxers when I was a small kid and I have known quite a few others.

Is it my imagination or don't most boxers just go all goofy and enjoy the heck out of the snow?

Kind of their thing to just take whatever like throws at them and enjoy it
Link Posted: 2/18/2015 12:51:49 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
My family had boxers when I was a small kid and I have known quite a few others.

Is it my imagination or don't most boxers just go all goofy and enjoy the heck out of the snow?

Kind of their thing to just take whatever like throws at them and enjoy it
View Quote

Mine is not a huge fan of the snow, but the stuff we get here is nowhere near as deep or fun, it's just crusty slush most of the time
Link Posted: 2/18/2015 10:36:04 PM EDT
[#45]

Link Posted: 2/23/2015 6:59:34 PM EDT
[#46]
Rescued this little girl this weekend.  She was in a nearby neighborhood, a friend spotted her in the little 8x8x8 cube kennel, all skin and bones.
We started asking around and the owner was unresponsive.  Next step was animal control.  She "magically" escaped and ended up at a neighbors house, where they fed her and called me.
Picked her up, she was so skiddish and she's obviously been abused based on how she reacts to things.
Took her straight to the local self-wash, she did not enjoy it until it was over....
Got her home, where I introduced her to my 9yo male, she started loosening up a bit, so I let them both off in the fenced yard.
She started getting playful and was giving my old boy a workout, as he seemed pretty intent on makin' babies.
Once he got worn out, i left them and went inside for about a minute.
When I walked out, she was hanging by her elbows over the fence facing the house.  Great, we've got a climber.
She eventually humped over it and I caught her because she was running straight to me, and brought her inside.

So now I've got a young boxer that knows she can get out of my fence, with no better humane way to contain her.  She's deathly afraid of the kennel by the way.

Ultimately, I called a friend that works a shelter in GA and boxer rescues in Atlanta and NC.  I ended up handing her off, because they have the time to work her through her abandonment issues.

I really wish I could make it work here, but she needs more time than I can possibly give her, and I had to do what was best for her

Either way, she's comfy and happy, and if my friend doesn't end up keeping her herself, she'll probably show up at the Atlanta boxer rescue soon.

Se is just the sweetest thing ever....

How we found her:

To the bath:

My sister fell in love, but she's in a tiny apartment until her house is finished, and this girl would likely go right through an interior door like cardboard

Lady in GA sent me this pic this morning after her first night there, apparently she's getting along great with all the other babies.
Link Posted: 2/24/2015 12:43:08 AM EDT
[#47]
My son is sick, my Boxer has taken the lead on helping him to get rest (we've all been up all night)

Link Posted: 3/25/2015 8:28:50 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 4/10/2015 10:44:29 PM EDT
[#49]
so guys theres an available litter of boxers near where i live and i want one, but i live in a two bedroom apartment will be moving to a full sized house with land in august.

Do you think its doable to handle a growing juvenile boxer in an apartment for 4 months?

This wont be my first dog, just my first boxer. Im aware they can kind of be goofy and wild.
Link Posted: 4/11/2015 2:58:33 PM EDT
[#50]
A few from the other day.  Got you finally sit outside and enjoy some nice weather and toss the ball around.

Page / 8
Page General » Pets
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top