Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page General » Books
Posted: 6/15/2017 7:47:07 PM EDT
So I tried to buy a book from Amazon.co.uk and went through the entire ordering process when it came back, "cannot ship to this address."  WTF?  Anyway, I went to the vendor's regular site and found the same book for 15 pounds less.  Managed to buy it direct from them without any problem.  I don't know what Amazon.co.uk's postage would have been, but it cost me twelve pounds just to ship it snail mail here to the US. That's still three pounds cheaper than Amazon.co.uk.  

Book was Neal & Back's Great British Gunmakers 1740-1790:  Messers Griffin, Tow and Bailes.
Link Posted: 6/21/2017 10:57:23 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
So I tried to buy a book from Amazon.co.uk and went through the entire ordering process when it came back, "cannot ship to this address."  WTF?  Anyway, I went to the vendor's regular site and found the same book for 15 pounds less.  Managed to buy it direct from them without any problem.  I don't know what Amazon.co.uk's postage would have been, but it cost me twelve pounds just to ship it snail mail here to the US. That's still three pounds cheaper than Amazon.co.uk.  

Book was Neal & Back's Great British Gunmakers 1740-1790:  Messers Griffin, Tow and Bailes.
View Quote
The site I use a lot is Biblio.com. I have found things on there as cheap or cheaper than amazon. Plus it supports local owned bookstores here and in other countries.
Page General » Books
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top