Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page General » Books
Posted: 4/14/2017 8:19:09 AM EDT
Book 6 in the Monster Hunter Universe!  

Yall are supposed to let me know about this stuff!  

amazon pre order link

Has a collaboration coming out as well.

Amazon Monster Hunter Files Pre order
Link Posted: 4/14/2017 10:50:44 AM EDT
[#1]
Cool, I have been waiting... and waiting for the next books.
Link Posted: 4/15/2017 1:36:00 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Cool, I have been waiting... and waiting for the next books.
View Quote
I just started reading the first one.  

Pretty entertaining so far.
Link Posted: 4/15/2017 2:39:40 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

View Quote
When you finish the MHI books, get the Ringo/Corriea MHI Memoirs books, they are as good or better IMO.
Link Posted: 4/15/2017 1:00:15 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View Quote
I had heard the MHI books talked about on ARF for a long time before I finally picked them up.  I found out what all the fuss was about right away.  I read them quickly and then went on to the Grimnoir Chronicles by Larry Correia after that.  It's another great series you might want to check out.
Link Posted: 4/15/2017 1:14:56 PM EDT
[#5]
No word on audible yet
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 10:06:42 PM EDT
[#6]

He also has a short in the Predator Anthology that is coming out.  His story is supposed to be set in feudal Japan.

J
Link Posted: 5/19/2017 5:53:05 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
No word on audible yet
View Quote
Audiobook will be released on August 1, along with the final version of the book.
Link Posted: 8/1/2017 9:02:57 AM EDT
[#8]
It's released today.  I'm rereading the series and have been crazy busy at work so I'm only half way through.
Link Posted: 8/1/2017 5:00:03 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Audiobook will be released on August 1, along with the final version of the book.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
No word on audible yet
That's today!!! Off to find a computer....
Link Posted: 8/2/2017 4:10:45 PM EDT
[#10]
Is the Kindle version actually out or is it a pre-order?  Purchased yesterday and it is not in my library.

Edit:  Never mind.  It showed up on my Kindle but not on the Kindle app on my phone.
Link Posted: 8/4/2017 11:29:17 AM EDT
[#11]
I'm a little over half-way through this book.  Great so far.  I wish he'd spit them out faster!
Link Posted: 8/4/2017 11:54:24 AM EDT
[#12]
lol read the prerelease a while back
Link Posted: 8/4/2017 7:49:44 PM EDT
[#13]
lol I used to be hooked on those damned Baen eARCs too.
Those bums got a lot of $ from me. Haven't bought one in years.

Now I'm into Audiobooks for my work commute.

I'm in the middle of JL Bourne's Serpent Road, but Siege is next.
Link Posted: 8/7/2017 7:21:53 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 8/8/2017 12:15:14 PM EDT
[#15]
Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 8/9/2017 1:38:07 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I love his writing and the whole series.  That said, this one feels like filler - good filler but filler.  
View Quote
Just finished it a few days ago.  I have to agree.  It moved the story along but did not feel quite like the other books.

I still really enjoyed it.  

Anyone else think Mosh will be the brother that has to die?
Link Posted: 8/9/2017 3:56:46 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 8/9/2017 4:16:03 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Yep, Mosh is a glorified Redshirt.  He's a goner.  I'm guessing he'll save Z and die in the process.

But whoever/whatever kills him will have to feel the revenge of the Urks.  Ed is gonna level up to 11, dealing out death.  That could be cool to read.

Click To View Spoiler
View Quote
I would like to see Mosh be more than a redshirt.  I just have this feelings he is being held back for something.  Like death.  

Ed and the rest of the them are bad ass characters.  Ed against the nightmare dragon is the stuff of legends.

I almost don't like the all powerful demons and great ones.  The day to day killing monsters is what sucked me into the series.  I feel like the new demon bad guy is almost too powerful to take on without a lot more mystical stuff.

But it's not my story to tell and I love the world.
Link Posted: 8/10/2017 2:31:08 AM EDT
[#19]
Larry's almost done with his book signing tour. He spent a lot of time with his fans, and does a great job. High energy! Talked and signed for about 3 hours.
Just the stuff under contract could keep him busy for the next 5-8 years.
Prepare your wallets!
Link Posted: 8/12/2017 12:53:12 PM EDT
[#20]
I got to meet him at the Tampa Bay Comic Con.  Great guy, just as cool IRL as he is online.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/17/2017 5:25:18 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I would like to see Mosh be more than a redshirt.  I just have this feelings he is being held back for something.  Like death.  

Ed and the rest of the them are bad ass characters.  Ed against the nightmare dragon is the stuff of legends.

I almost don't like the all powerful demons and great ones.  The day to day killing monsters is what sucked me into the series.  I feel like the new demon bad guy is almost too powerful to take on without a lot more mystical stuff.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Yep, Mosh is a glorified Redshirt.  He's a goner.  I'm guessing he'll save Z and die in the process.

But whoever/whatever kills him will have to feel the revenge of the Urks.  Ed is gonna level up to 11, dealing out death.  That could be cool to read.

Click To View Spoiler

I just wonder if it is Z will he stay dead? I mean he has died a few times, hasn't he?
Link Posted: 8/17/2017 5:48:06 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

I just wonder if it is Z will he stay dead? I mean he has died a few times, hasn't he?
View Quote
You can't kill off any character with middle names "Zastava" or "Tula".  Izhevsk, Springfield are ok for redshirts.

Sorry- thems the rules
Link Posted: 8/19/2017 8:29:20 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I got to meet him at the Tampa Bay Comic Con.  Great guy, just as cool IRL as he is online.

Attachment Attached File
View Quote
Uhh...looks like you accidently posted the wrong pic.
Pretty cool you got to meet James Gandolfini before he passed away, though.
Link Posted: 8/19/2017 11:29:32 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/210/Me_and_Larry-278357.JPG
Link Posted: 9/6/2017 2:06:47 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
I love his writing and the whole series.  That said, this one feels like filler - good filler but filler.  
View Quote
Now that I finished it, I agree.  I liked the build up but was disappointed that there was no pay off in the end.  I was getting toward the end of the book and kept wondering when the battle was going to start.
Link Posted: 9/13/2017 2:46:28 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Now that I finished it, I agree.  I liked the build up but was disappointed that there was no pay off in the end.  I was getting toward the end of the book and kept wondering when the battle was going to start.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Yeah same here. Also because the spoiler tag is such a headache for me, let me just say that a certain plot point is getting a tad repetitive.
Link Posted: 9/13/2017 7:40:21 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 9/13/2017 8:39:23 PM EDT
[#28]
Once upon a time, a long time ago, he used to hand them out at book signings.

But that was 8 or 9 books ago.

I don't know if they have them at the cons, or not. Anyone going to SLCC?

12 patches is only 83¢ each, in bulk, btw.
Link Posted: 9/13/2017 9:23:05 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Off topic, but we're all MHI fans here...

Anyone know someplace to get an MHI Morale Patch that isn't $10 shipping?  That seems a bit fuckocked for a $7 1oz piece of cloth.
View Quote
I just ordered a t-shirt to spread the pain.
Link Posted: 9/14/2017 5:12:19 PM EDT
[#30]
Page General » Books
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top