Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page General » Books
Site Notices
Posted: 3/27/2017 8:49:29 PM EDT
Looking for a way to listen to books while I am driving. I'm on the road quite a bit, and would like to have a book playing other than music, and podcasts. Worn out by the podcasts.
Link Posted: 3/27/2017 9:41:04 PM EDT
[#1]
I subscribe to kindle unlimited it give you access to a lot of free kindle books that once checked out you can buy the accompanying audio book for as low as $1.99 at times.
Link Posted: 3/27/2017 9:57:04 PM EDT
[#2]
Check with your public library.  There are audio book apps through them.
Link Posted: 3/27/2017 11:36:06 PM EDT
[#3]
Librevox has some stuff.
Link Posted: 3/27/2017 11:52:28 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Librevox has some stuff.
View Quote
Came to post this.  Great site for older books that are in the public domain.
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 2:01:50 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Check with your public library.  There are audio book apps through them.
View Quote
This.  Look at the local library in your hometown, most of them subscribe to a service like Overdrive that lets you download audiobooks for free for a set length of time.

Also you can borrow audiobooks on CD (most libraries have a ton of them).
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 6:39:29 PM EDT
[#6]
I heard that Cracker Barrel had audio books for sale that you could return at other CB locations.  I never verified but might be worth looking into if you have some nearby or at your destinations.  

I share an Audible(amazon) acct w/ my bro.  Basically its his acct and I have an instance of his Audible on my phone so I can listen to all his books.

If you get the Audible app, it will come with a free book credit.  Listen to it, and then you can cancel your membership w/ no charge if you don't want to keep paying.  Audiobooks are pricey.  
Link Posted: 6/10/2017 5:03:17 PM EDT
[#7]
scribl has free and purchase audiobooks.

jd1
Page General » Books
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top