Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page General » Books
Posted: 3/4/2017 3:19:16 PM EDT
Ran out of space in the Subject line.

Almost done with current book and getting ready to jump on another.

These 3 are on deck and wonder if anyone has feedback on them.

Anyone read "D-Day Through German Eyes" or "The Subtle Art of Not Giving a F*ck" or "The Sociopath Next Door"?

Since these would be audible books any feedback on the narration would be nice.
Link Posted: 3/26/2017 10:17:58 AM EDT
[#1]
I read D-Day through German eyes and liked it.
Link Posted: 4/2/2017 3:28:58 AM EDT
[#2]
I read the d d ay through german eyes one on Kindle. Interesting, the premise is a guy inteviewed a bunch of german troopers at Normandy before the invasion, then spoke to them again after, amd, irrc, his son puvlished this from the interviews. I think this is that book, and there is another one as a follow on.

I binge read a bunch after i visited Normandy formthe 79th anniversary, so i am sure i read it and i think that is this book. I think it was pretty short, but interesting.
Link Posted: 4/2/2017 11:45:53 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanks.
Currently in the middle of one book with another on deck.
I have about 3 other books including this one on my list.
Link Posted: 4/5/2017 7:43:17 PM EDT
[#4]
Just finished "The Sociopath Next Door".
This was a very good book.
Interesting insight.

Going to download "The Subtle Art of Not Giving a F*ck" next.
I have high expectations for this and really looking forward to listening on my way to work.
Link Posted: 4/10/2017 12:21:27 AM EDT
[#5]
Anyone have links to these books? The D-Day through German Eyes I found the paperback version and its both books in one. I can't find the other two.

Great post!
Link Posted: 4/10/2017 6:26:11 PM EDT
[#6]
Both are available on Amazon and Audible.

BTW, I should be done with "The Subtle Art....." with my drive home tomorrow and it has been a great book.
Link Posted: 6/19/2017 3:29:17 PM EDT
[#7]
Some of the audible reviews claim dday through german eyes is fake.  Any thought?
Link Posted: 6/19/2017 6:11:15 PM EDT
[#8]
It would really be hard for me to tell a true from a fabricated story about D-Day.
With that said the good was good. Not great, but good. Not sure if it was the narration or not.
Link Posted: 7/3/2017 6:28:43 PM EDT
[#9]
The sociopath next door is one of my favorite books.

I really don't know why I don't have a copy, have to fix that.
Link Posted: 7/3/2017 6:47:44 PM EDT
[#10]
D-Day Through German Eyes is fascinating. Interesting thoughts on Fortress Europe I'd never considered before.

I didn't forget who the good guys were, however.
Page General » Books
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top