[#1]
Star Wars : Catalyst
Tarkin
A New Dawn
Aftermath
Life Debt
Blood Line
Heir to the Jedi
And even though Kenobi isn't canon  it is good!!

As to where to start......at the beginning.
Link Posted: 12/8/2016 12:01:44 PM EDT
[#2]
Darth Bane saga is decent.

Some people really hate the Republic Commando and Imperial Commando books but I liked them.
Link Posted: 12/8/2016 12:24:25 PM EDT
[#3]
I've personally never read them, but everyone who has seems to be really passionate about them.

I think it's due to me automatically being skeptical of anything that's not in the same media as the original. Books to movies, movies to books, movies to video games/vice versa, etc. Aside from the Witcher series, I haven't really found anything that's just as good in one as in another. I guess I'll have to check the star wars books out sometime in the future.
Link Posted: 12/8/2016 1:09:35 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Tarkin
A New Dawn
Aftermath
Life Debt
Blood Line
Heir to the Jedi

View Quote

The beginning looks like a bunch of young adult books released within the past couple of years?
Link Posted: 12/8/2016 1:13:58 PM EDT
[#5]
Most are very good, some are stinkers.  I would start with the Grand Admiral Thrawn series.  If you like that you can look for more.  Keep in mind that Disney in their infinite wisdom decided to pretend like the books don't exist.  Not a big deal for me because so far their movies suck so I will pretend like the movies don't exist.
Link Posted: 12/8/2016 1:58:55 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

The beginning looks like a bunch of young adult books released within the past couple of years?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Tarkin
A New Dawn
Aftermath
Life Debt
Blood Line
Heir to the Jedi

You can turn those off and only see the novels.
Link Posted: 3/4/2017 5:15:22 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Some people really hate the Republic Commando and Imperial Commando books but I liked them.
View Quote

I thoroughly enjoyed those books and was really disappointed to learn that she decided not to write the final book due to a conflict in the storyline with the Clone Wars TV series (if I recall correctly).

I think my favorite book was Death Star though, about the construction of the space station. A neat behind the scenes storyline.

I think the quality of the books depends on their authors - there's a dozen or more different authors contributing to the series, and I've quit reading a few books because I didn't like the writing style.
Link Posted: 3/4/2017 5:16:29 PM EDT
[#8]
Sorry, duplicate post.
Link Posted: 3/21/2017 3:44:48 PM EDT
[#9]
Were the books first, or were the movies first?

Books written from movies tend to be a bit on the shallow side, just like the movie.

(like a funny book without the pictures)
Page General » Books
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top