Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page General » Books
Site Notices
Posted: 7/18/2016 11:56:49 PM EDT
I have nine copyrights, and one on the way. A previous work was done mostly in the first person, at the behest of the fellow who had the idea for the story. A few people who read it seemed put off by the switching back and forth between first and third person perspectives.

Do most readers have this problem?

I enjoyed writing it, and even enjoyed editing the book. I'd be glad to share it with a few members here if they'd give a bit of feedback on it.

Here's the blurb:

Less than half of the population survives in post-invasion America, either gathered in cities or scattered in settlements. Outside of those, Jake Talbot makes his way with a young person whose value must remain secret. As a former insurgent, Talbot knows how to deal with occupying troops but the inevitable finally catches him, forcing the hand he’s worked so diligently to hide.

Under the threat of yet another round of massed, indiscriminate destruction, Talbot must develop resources and use them with unparalleled ferocity. In order to stop the Combined Nations from destroying what is left of America, Jake Talbot will have to once again live up to the nickname he earned so many years ago.

Come October, the Jeffersonville Butcher must return.

ETA: More traction in GD?
Link Posted: 7/24/2016 11:25:39 PM EDT
[#1]
I'll give it a read....  I think that 1st and 3rd perspectives switching can work.  if done properly..  RA Salvatore's character Drizzt has a 1st monologue in most books.  He uses these breaks to explore the inner turmoil and motivation of the main character.  But all action is done 3rd person.
Link Posted: 8/16/2016 6:25:36 PM EDT
[#2]
count me in, sounds interesting...

need a break from the post-apocalyptic zombie pulp I've been mercilessly devouring...some regular, good, old-fashioned, post-apocalyptic literature would be a welcomed breather, haha

ETA: PM'ed you
Page General » Books
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top