Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page General » Books
Site Notices
Posted: 3/22/2016 1:48:51 AM EDT
Rather than try to remember all you guys great recommendations, I just log in to this forum then use it to hunt them down.
That, and I take pics of the books I have in a series/favorite authors, that way I make sure to get the right ones.
Especially helpful with prolific writers like John Ringo.

I may not have Alzheimer's, but I do get a good case of sometimers.
Link Posted: 3/22/2016 3:34:25 AM EDT
[#1]
I have about 300 books in an Amazon Wish List.
Link Posted: 3/24/2016 1:59:20 PM EDT
[#2]
I recently corresponded with a retired park ranger historian and pointed out an antebellum book/pamphlet that was prepared by a visionary man who attempted to build an aeroplane for the Confederacy.  Well, now that retired park-ranger/historian wants an original of that pamphlet to add to his 15,000 volume of library of original books. I don't think I have 15,000 modern books in my library.  I so have seven six shelf bookcases, four five shelf bookcases, six four shelf bookcases and some smaller ones that are all packed with books.
Link Posted: 3/29/2016 7:53:00 AM EDT
[#3]
Why not just get a Kindle app on your iPhone and DL the books?
Link Posted: 4/3/2016 2:55:30 PM EDT
[#4]
Guess I'm just too set in my ways, I just love real books.
I must have 2000 paperbacks alone.

BTW, and a little off topic Rik, but that Sony camera you sold me 12 or so years ago is still my wife's favorite.
She has DSLRs and at least 3 other high end cameras, but she drags that old thing everywhere!
Link Posted: 4/3/2016 5:36:25 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Guess I'm just too set in my ways, I just love real books.
I must have 2000 paperbacks alone.

BTW, and a little off topic Rik, but that Sony camera you sold me 12 or so years ago is still my wife's favorite.
She has DSLRs and at least 3 other high end cameras, but she drags that old thing everywhere!
View Quote

Holy crap!  That thing is still in action?  Wow, that's awesome.  Glad she's still using it.

Oh and I probably have that many paperbacks too...but most of them are in plastic totes in the attic.  Every one that I have a Kindle version for I put into storage.  Most of the physical books on my shelf now are nonfiction and hardback.  The only fiction I still have out are older books that are out of print and not released for Kindle.
Page General » Books
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top